• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm actually more concerned about Miller popping up on that list. We have other good WRs, but TE is thin enough as it is!

mortreport
As expected, #Falcons and QB Matt Ryan are finalizing 5-year contract extension that will exceed $100 million when done
980.gif

5 years over 100 million is reasonable!?

After Romo got a 6 year, $108 million extension....yes.

Add Flacco's and Rodger's deal to the mix and there isn't anyway Ryan wasn't going to get paid.

Also, Fatford getting a $18 mil per extension after going 4-12 didn't help matters either.

BigAT

Adam Schefter: "WR Percy Harvin's hip injury is problematic. He is scheduled to get a second opinion and there is concern about the injury."

Hmmm...

That guy that's always injured is injured?!

I already feel like digging up my debates with everyone that thought Seattle didn't give up way too much for Harvin.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ah, ok, seems Zach Miller is still nursing a foot injury from before, not something new.

:jnc

This has to become a new Freeman like meme. He apparently got that extension and went to the nearest Texas BBQ rib joint. Damn.
The reason Freeman works is the goofy look he has and the clear history of Taco Bell binging.

Bread

Banned
After Romo got a 6 year, $108 million extension....yes.

Add Flacco's and Rodger's deal to the mix and there isn't anyway Ryan wasn't going to get paid.

Also, Fatford getting a $18 mil per extension after going 4-12 didn't help matters either.
Meh, other terrible contracts don't make another terrible contract look more reasonable.

Talon

I'm ok with Atlanta being stuck with Cowardly for another 5 years.
He's a franchise QB, like it or not. We went from a team that had never gotten back-to-back winning season to five consecutive winning seasons under his watch. He does the right things. He absorbs any criticisms at the team to himself. He never criticizes anyone. He's improved every season.

After years of Jeff George, Christopher Chandelier, Doug Johnson/Kurt Kittner and Ron Mexico, he's our first franchise QB since Bartkowski, and nobody outside of the NFC South (and old West fans) know who the fuck that guy is.

I'll take 5 more years of that. Sounds it tops out at $103 million with incentives.

RBH

He's a franchise QB, like it or not. We went from a team that had never gotten back-to-back winning season to five consecutive winning seasons under his watch. He does the right things. He absorbs any criticisms at the team to himself. He never criticizes anyone. He's improved every season.

After years of Jeff George, Christopher Chandelier, Doug Johnson/Kurt Kittner and Ron Mexico, he's our first franchise QB since Bartkowski, and nobody outside of NFC South (and old West fans) know who the fuck that guy is.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

RBH

Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones wanted a corporate sponsor with cache before he agreed to alter the name of Cowboys Stadium

He’s found it in AT&T. And Jerry World is now officially known as AT&T Stadium.

The club and AT&T have reached a multi-million dollar naming-rights agreement. This culminates the long dance between the Cowboys and AT&T over how to meld their brands. The name change, effective immediately, will be reflected in substantial signage updates throughout the upcoming football season, prominently featuring AT&T, both inside and outside of the stadium.

Jones declined to discuss the terms of the deal (years and dollars) at the press conference. He acknowledged the deal "is not the most in dollars that there has been for naming rights."

ESPN's Darren Rovell reports the deal is worth an average of $17-19 million per year.

Arlington mayor Robert Cluck says the city will get 5 percent of revenue from the naming-rights deal to help pay off the city's debt.

Jones added that Legends Drive near the stadium will become AT&T Blvd. or AT&T Drive. Jones also said he wants “this building to be more familiar than the White House.”
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...-for-dallas-cowboys-stadium-17-19m-a-year.ece

Talon

There's that whole Super Bowl thing, too.
We road the cocaine (and I guess tranvestite blowjob?) train to that Super Bowl appearance. That was the weirdest game in the world for me to watch. Even in 5th grade, I knew we were going to get completely pummeled by GOAT Elway.

Sorry, Minnesota.

Fantomex

Do you guys remember the video of Danny Wuerfell getting sacked and his helmet was on backwards? I think hes made that clip disappear from the face of the earth, I can't find it anymore. It was awesome.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

After years of Jeff George, Christopher Chandelier, Doug Johnson/Kurt Kittner and Ron Mexico, he's our first franchise QB since Bartkowski, and nobody outside of the NFC South (and old West fans) know who the fuck that guy is.

I'll take 5 more years of that. Sounds it tops out at $103 million with incentives.
Don't forget about his fine suburban speaking abilities.

squicken

I was pretty impressed with Ryan in the playoffs last year. But it can't go unnoticed that on his "clutch" montage the NFLN just aired is a in-a-dome running start 55 yard jump ball to Roddy White vs a dreadful Panthers team. He is a franchise QB, but the numbers are getting to the point where they may have to let White walk prematurely

Talon

I was pretty impressed with Ryan in the playoffs last year. But it can't go unnoticed that on his "clutch" montage the NFLN just aired is a in-a-dome running start 55 yard jump ball to Roddy White vs a dreadful Panthers team. He is a franchise QB, but the numbers are getting to the point where they may have to let White walk prematurely
I sort of expect this. Roddy has two years left on his deal. He'll be 33, but he will muster at least $9 if not demand a 4 year $10+ million/year deal from somebody. He's crafty and strong enough to where he'll be effective until 35 or so.

Tony's $7 million for next year is just for cap purposes. I don't imagine us holding onto SJax for more than two seasons.

His most impressive throw to me is still that sideline bullet to Michael Jenkins his rookie season with Tommie Harris' immediate pressure nailing him in the head. Granted, there's no reason for that DB to have stepped up to the flat, but it was the only damn place that ball could be. That first TD to Julio in the NFCCG was a beauty too. There was only one place that ball could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom