• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m
Texans safety Ed Reed (hip) and running back Arian Foster (calf) were placed on PUP list todayExpand

It begiiiiiiiiiins!!!!

Maybe Ed and Arian are sitting under an overpass, next to a cardboard box while sharing a 40oz talking shit about Brady.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'm in the degenrates but we can always make a "POORS FANTASY LEAGUE". No entry fee, and the winner gets a $5 dollar gift certificate to Popeyes Chicken. I'm not even joking.
I'm in. I saw those new waffle batter chicken tenders that Xia posted about!
Ask chuckddd if there's any space in the NEOGAF cat.gif league (Yahoo).
There is. But I need to make an honest effort at letting everyone join. Check your e-mails, last year's owners! I'll do pm's next...if I can remember who's who.

brentech

There is. But I need to make an honest effort at letting everyone join. Check your e-mails, last year's owners! I'll do pm's next...if I can remember who's who.
If you need a filler, let me know. I don't have any leagues planned this year.

exarkun

Mech, I haven't had time to check, and I knew Adrian was having a bit of a problem, but is Reed's hip a thing or they just playing it safe/waiting for the regular season.

Also, gotdamn. I forgot about all the randoms we had on that first/second year team.

RBH

I believe snesfreak was in the league last year. Him and his all Buccaneers team. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
He's a franchise QB, like it or not. We went from a team that had never gotten back-to-back winning season to five consecutive winning seasons under his watch. He does the right things. He absorbs any criticisms at the team to himself. He never criticizes anyone. He's improved every season.

After years of Jeff George, Christopher Chandelier, Doug Johnson/Kurt Kittner and Ron Mexico, he's our first franchise QB since Bartkowski, and nobody outside of the NFC South (and old West fans) know who the fuck that guy is.

I'll take 5 more years of that. Sounds it tops out at $103 million with incentives.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I was just joshin'. It's very difficult for a team to get their guy, I dread the day Eli retires, we're getting close. :(

MechDX

Mech, I haven't had time to check, and I knew Adrian was having a bit of a problem, but is Reed's hip a thing or they just playing it safe/waiting for the regular season.

Also, gotdamn. I forgot about all the randoms we had on that first/second year team.

Ive talked to some Ravens fans who just say its Ed being Ed. Doesn't want to do TC. Andre stated earlier he talked to Reed and told Dre he would be ready Week 1. Im good with that since I am enamored with Swearinger and he needs the reps anyway.

Arian was expected after the injury in mini camp. More of a precautionary thing,

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mark_Sanchez_Geno_Smith_Jets_West_Training_Camp_NBD.jpg

I believe snesfreak was in the league last year. Him and his all Buccaneers team. :lol

He betrayed us and picked like a normal person last year. Two years ago, he took Freeman with the number 6 pick, iirc. I thought there was a screenshot, but I can't find it...

JABEE

I was in your straggler's league last year. I haven't checked my email.

Godslay

Banned
Then Welker drops it and dreams are shattered.

Still love ya slay!

I've said it all along. Two negatives equals a positive. Typically, Brady would throw it Welker would drop it. Likewise, Manning would throw a post-season bad int to seal the game.
Even though pretty much everyone of his post season losses happened in the last 40 seconds of the 4th quarter. Defense how does it work?

Now, Manning will throw it and Welker will catch it. It's simple football logic really.

With a real QB, Welker won't drop it.

Packers/Broncos super bowl. Graham Harrell helicopters in for the winning score.

THIS ONE'S... FOR GRAHAM

If this was to happen, I'd sew the patch on Eznark's championship quilt myself!

No it wont

Use some fucking punctuation you goddamn animal!
Just kidding, and yes it will

Ryan Swope had to retire b/c of his concussions. Never missed a game in college despite having 3. Could be trouble
Just read that. Short career. Hopefully he has something to bounce back on.

Not sure if this was posted for Redskins news:

Ed Werder @Edwerderespn 42m

Redskins DE Adam Carriker underwent third surgery for thigh injury and out 4-5 months, coach Mike Shanahan says

RBH

072613_falcons_CC9.JPG

Eleven years after being wrongfully convicted of rape and kidnapping, Atlanta Falcons linebacker Brian Banks kneels to pray before taking the field for the first day of practice at training camp in his quest to make the team on Thursday, July 25, 2013, in Flowery Branch.

tmdorsey

You guys are depressing me with this Roddy leaving in 2 years talk. We can't go back to just have one good receiver. If we don't get a capable replacement for Roddy in the next couple of years I say he's staying.

Went to Rams Training Camp today

Offense:

Bradford looked Sharp and crisp in his passes and placement. No interceptions by the offense today. Bradford fumbled a snap. Zac Stacy fumbled and recovered his own fumble. One of the backups fumbled a snap too.

Tavon Austin and Jared Cook looked great. Cook had great hands and he will be hard to cover. Austin burned the defense multiple times. Had two catches in practice that would have been touchdowns. Bradford and Givens struggled to rediscover the connection they had last year, with Givens dropping a couple deep bombs. Brian Quick looked good. He is going and getting the ball and learning to use his size properly. He had some great hands. Bradford was airing it out a lot more. Darryl Richardson was the only RB that stood out. A few had a good run every once in awhile but nothing to separate them from the pack. The O line looked bad. Really bad. Jake Long got fucking schooled by Robert Quinn and there were a couple times on a corner or safety blitz that they got to the QB unchallenged and would have had an easy sack. The D Line dominated the O line on all teams.

Defense

The D Line looked dominant. We could totally lead the league in sacks for a second year in a row. Linebackers and safeties were great in run stuffing and stopping short yardage catches. Ogletree closes fast as shit. Darian Stewart's closing speed was also impressive. He and Mcdonald were getting the first team reps. Coverage was spotty. No one could stop Austin or Cook. The coverage improved later in the day, but it was horrendous at the beginning. Everyone was getting beat. Jenkins had to grab Givens jersey at one point to stop him from making a catch which caused some shoving for a second after. They cut it out pretty quick though. I doubt Fisher would put up with that shit

Special Teams: Zuerlein nearly murdered a cameraman on a cherrypicker. Dude noticed the ball coming at him fortunately and batted it down. Legatron looked more dependable. Hope he can take it into the game. Hekker took snaps at QB. I would like to see Fisher use trick plays more often. Hekker is absolutely a better QB than Tebow as the stats show from last year.

Overall: Pretty good first full squad practice. The projected starters were all taking first team reps which is great. Good news is there are less slants. Bad news is there are still a lot of slants. Just with better players. The O line is worrisome, as was the blown coverages early on. Austin and Cook were the stars of practice. Lots of cheers for them

Talon

You guys are depressing me with this Roddy leaving in 2 years talk. We can't go back to just have one good receiver. If we don't get a capable replacement for Roddy in the next couple of years I say he's staying.
I'm just glad we got Moore and Decoud locked up for a while at very good prices. I'm more concerned with the young pieces around the team rather than one wide out, but we'll see. We definitely will have big money coming off the books by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom