• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
alligator_900x664.jpg

We got the gata

BigAT

Carriker out for probably the year, now this shit! Besides we all know it is "adderall" so no biggie!

Nope, he's going with "obscure substance".

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
In a statement, Redskins DL Jarvis Jenkins says he tested positive for an "obscure substance" and isn't sure how it got into his body.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Jenkins said in his statement he was taking a supplement and the substance wasn't listed. There might be lawyers, @adbrandt.

squicken

Carriker is out for the year? I missed that. Sucks for the Skins

--

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1715777-where-can-the-arizona-cardinals-improve-most-in-2013

B/R warning, but preview of Cardinals upcoming season. He really doesn't like Bruce Arians

It takes a special type of quarterback for this offense to work. Palmer never really was that type of quarterback and by now he’s certainly too washed up to be that guy.

Some will say Arians was crucial to Roethlisberger’s development based on the admiration Roethlisberger always has shown for him.

Yes, Roethlisberger loved Arians because he was his enabler, giving him power he never had before in the offense. He was more like his buddy rather than a teacher or authority figure. That’s why problems linger in Pittsburgh instead of getting fixed.

Roethlisberger felt like Bill Cowher and Ken Whisenhunt handcuffed him early in his career, so when Mike Tomlin and Bruce Arians took over in 2007, Roethlisberger had his best season yet. That was his vindication.

Roethlisberger’s blind love of Arians is eerily similar to the battered wife who can’t or won’t admit her husband is not good for her. While Roethlisberger was initially very successful under Arians, he was also sacked a career-high 10.4 percent of the time in 2007. Under new offensive coordinator Todd Haley last year, Roethlisberger had a career-low sack rate of 6.3 percent.

Part of the problem, beyond bad offensive lines, is that Arians is way too predictable with his runs. Defenses know what to expect and make a living in the backfield like Clay Matthews did in Super Bowl XLV to cause a huge fumble by Mendenhall.

According to Tom Gower of Football Outsiders, the 2011 Steelers had the highest ratio of running plays marked as off right tackle or right end compared to left since 2002. The 2012 Colts had the highest ratio of running plays marked as off left tackle or left end compared to right in that time.2

Out of 352 teams in the study, the common link here is Arians coached the two most unbalanced rushing offenses. He picked the side he liked and ran it with reckless abandonment (and little success) in a way no other teams in the last 11 years have done.

That’s the definition of predictable coaching.

I expect the OL to take awhile to get things together, and it's understandable they would get worked by the DL, which potentially is the best in the league. Thanks for the awesome writeup. Look forward to reading any of your thoughts as you see more.

Don't think ill make it to another practice, but I'm planning on making an effort to get to the scrimmage

These console wars are so tiresome.

I had enjoyed the lack of SDF for about 5 years there.
Console wars are a big reason I can't stand going on the gaming forum for more than a couple minutes.

And when that shit spreads into this thread in some lame attempt to "out" me as someone's alt I get even more aggravated.

So cut it out dumbasses, and go Bucs.

squicken

I don't link to B/R slideshows. I find his work well researched and far beyond the usual fan crap the site is mostly filled with

Don't think ill make it to another practice, but I'm planning on making an effort to get to the scrimmage

Yeah that scrimmage should be cool. But I really do appreciate the first hand account. I follow a guy on Twitter who is pretty detailed in his observations, but he will have the rose tinted glasses thing occasionally

https://twitter.com/jimiramsboy

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Console wars are a big reason I can't stand going on the gaming forum for more than a couple minutes.

And when that shit spreads into this thread in some lame attempt to "out" me as someone's alt I get even more aggravated.
You should have went with "sfcfreak". Nobody would have guessed then.

squicken

@nyjets: Jets CB Aaron Berry suffered a season-ending knee injury during practice this morning.

I'd say it just makes it easier to tank, but they really don't need the help. Camp injuries suck

RBH

So cut it out dumbasses, and go Bucs.

I apologize, SNES.

Colasante

B/R warning, but preview of Cardinals upcoming season. He really doesn't like Bruce Arians

I really don't envision Bruce Arians becoming a quality head coach either. Seems like a nice guy and everything, but I don't think he's cerebral enough to succeed at the position. I think Luck deserves more credit than Arians for the Colts' success last year, as Roethlisberger does for past years.

Meanwhile, Jets CB Aaron Berry suffered a season ending ACL injury. Not good for them, but Cromartie and Milliner aren't a bad cornerback duo.

@nyjets: Jets CB Aaron Berry suffered a season-ending knee injury during practice this morning.

I'd say it just makes it easier to tank, but they really don't need the help. Camp injuries suck
They drafted Milliner right? I think he's one of the few 1st rounders left that are holding out without contracts.

bionic77

Does Jim ever not have an intense look on his face? PEACE.
He used to be more mellow when he had Alex on the team.

Alex was so nice that he used to carry his golf bag around and those child like hands were able to get all the tension out of Harbs muscles (especially the ones in his penis). Hard to replace a guy like that in the locker room. Harbaugh can't even get Kap to wear Niner colors, no way he can get that thug to hold his golf bag!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I disagree. Having Aaron Berry on the field would have been better for tanking purposes.

Sheil Kapadia ‏@SheilKapadia52m
Def. coordinator Billy Davis uses Steelers tape to teach Eagles players new scheme

Hopefully it is Steelers footage from a few years ago.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Delmas already on the sidelines with ice on his knee? Yep, it's football time alright.

Ansah already being examined as well.

Giants camp updates:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 7m

JPP's rehab is "coming", Coughlin said. "He's done we'll. He's worked hard. His weight's good." #NYG

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr 4m

Aaron Curry lost a good amount of weight since he reported. Good sign. Cruz maintained his weight. #nyg

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 5m

Coughlin wasn't sure why Baas was on the side. Says he's in "excellent shape". Jernigan has "tenderness" in his hamstring.

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz 6m

Terrell Thomas will start camp on PUP as will JPP, Snee, Hynoski and Kuhn. #nyg

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 8m

Tom Coughlin said one player reported overweight. ... No, he would not name him.

(No fun Tom!)

Terrell Thomas ran the conditioning drills today despite landing on PUP. Good sign for him. I'm rooting for him to make it back from that third ACL.

All 90 players on the roster reported in for training camp. Including Will Hill who took the conditioning test.

WedgeX

Banned
Delmas already on the sidelines with ice on his knee? Yep, it's football time alright.

Ansah already being examined as well.

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Well, I had a splendidly tepid optimism fest last night. Glad to see it at least got to last for a few hours. Doom and gloom commence!

QB stats from camp today:

Michael Vick -42 reps (26 first team) -22 of 27 with 1 INT

Nick Foles - 37 reps (17 first team) 20 of 24

Matt Barkley - 26 reps (third team)12 of 18 with 1 INT

OMFG Foles is the real deal!!!

LOL

Bowser

I just got a glance at the details of the contract Carolina Panthers linebacker Jon Beason restructured earlier this week.

It’s pretty simple. Beason took a significant pay cut and didn’t recoup any of it with up front money.

Under the new deal, Beason’s base salary for this year dropped from $5.25 million to $1 million, which is fully guaranteed. That drops Beason’s cap figure for this year from $9.5 million to $5.25 million.

The rest of Beason’s contract, which runs through 2016, remained untouched. That means there’s a good chance Beason will have to restructure again next year because his 2014 cap figure is $10.75 million.

The Panthers now are $12.8 million under this year’s cap.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/49313/details-on-jon-beasons-restructured-deal

gettleman_dave.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom