• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantomex

AC Shennanigans with Larry, Chan, Kave and Myself.

Just another day in the neighborhood.
tumblr_mp8okwo4ep1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

But I got an invite from Larry (Diggity) and felt much obliged

So I arrived in The Berg aka his ghetto
tumblr_mp8oo1ssHi1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

I was greeted warmly
tumblr_mp8opgMBzh1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

Chan was already there drunk
tumblr_mp8ordVtWc1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

I needed some muscle to handle some turtle not paying his protection money for his island.
tumblr_mp8otrFCTJ1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

Chan of course was drunk and trying to leave without us.
tumblr_mp8ozclu5j1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

I tried to be reasonable and speak to him gently.
tumblr_mp8ox0K4Xv1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

When we arrived Larry had a good idea, that we chose to pass on this time.
tumblr_mp8p8vDSAs1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

I then explained what "problem" i needed their help with.
tumblr_mp8p1jtwSC1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8p34ZquG1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8p70OViV1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

We needed to send a message.
tumblr_mp8pptqca91sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8pgdB7Yw1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8pcmzNHb1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8pcmzNHb1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8pslVBBJ1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8pu8vprY1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8px1y6dD1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8pygH5QN1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

Haha, it was fun. He Paid up.

Then it got real, in real life!
tumblr_mp8q092JME1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8q29gYxE1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8q41FRpr1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

We left and went back to Larrys hood.
tumblr_mp8q5vj7RR1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

Just In time for Kave to arrive.
tumblr_mp8q7gnheH1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

But being that we were in Larry's village, we had some bad stuff go down.
tumblr_mp8q92H5MI1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8qb1wNum1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8qcxQl0r1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

But thankfully Kave distracted us for a bit with his getup.
tumblr_mp8qejTw8V1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8qg5bOuq1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

Chan and his degenerate drunkedness had really done a number on Larrys village.
tumblr_mp8qhqczWv1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

Eventually Larry let out his displeasure
tumblr_mp8qz4jcRa1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

We came up with a bright idea though.
tumblr_mp8qmeWCjh1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

He disagreed
tumblr_mp8qocysIZ1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

But peer pressure can be a tough thing.
tumblr_mp8qplEk321sxteg3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp8qqzNu621sxteg3o1_400.jpg

We came up with a plan once we got to Kaves town.
tumblr_mp8qt0Yx9l1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

Larry had my back
tumblr_mp8qumKv9e1sxteg3o1_400.jpg

But when we got there he had Brinks security and everything. We couldn't rob him at all. Stupid cat. Everything had fleas on it anyway.

ChanHuk

Banned
So snes came to my town:

snes being a convict and attempting to rob me

z4suARF.jpg

Me being the kind and cordial person that I am, told him he could work for food

8aUz5er.jpg

But snes being such a greedy insular ingrate, I had to handle his incompetence

AnxCKMW.jpg

Fantomex

So snes came to my town:

snes being a convict and attempting to rob me

z4suARF.jpg

Me being the kind and cordial person that I am, told him he could work for food

8aUz5er.jpg

But snes being such a greedy insular ingrate, I had to handle his incompetence

AnxCKMW.jpg

Haha even in AC SNES is a poor degenerate.

cashman

Banned
The good news is, that this should be my 2nd to last night of late night procrastination for the next couple months!

Spades

In an interesting move, the team announced Friday that it will offer a free exchange of any "#81 Hernandez" jersey for a different player jersey of comparative value.

They just want to see more Tebow jerseys.

They just want to see more Tebow jerseys.

Aaron Hernandez jerseys are hot sellers on eBay
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 1, 2013, 6:50 AM EDT

Getty ImagesThe NFL has stopped selling Aaron Hernandez jerseys, and the Patriots are offering a replacement jersey for anyone who wants to exchange one with Hernandez’s name and number. But that doesn’t mean Hernandez jerseys are going away.

In fact, fans who have listed Hernandez jerseys on eBay in the days since Hernandez was charged with first-degree murder have been able to turn a profit.

Patriots fan John Lamothe told the Boston Globe he was shocked to get $289 for a Hernandez jersey he put on eBay last week.

“I thought about giving it to Goodwill, but I didn’t think anybody would want it,” Lamothe said. “I thought I might get $15 for it.”

Lynn L’Heureux, who paid $100 for a Hernandez jersey, has seen the bidding reach $127 so far.

“I can’t think of any reason why people would want it,” L’Heureux said. “They might think it will go up in value later on, and maybe it will, but I’m not interested. I just don’t want it in my possession. I want to use the money to buy a jersey that reflects my pride in the Patriots.”

So despite everything we’ve learned about Hernandez in the last couple of weeks, we may still see some Hernandez jerseys in the stands at Gillette Stadium this season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/01/aaron-hernandez-jerseys-are-hot-sellers-on-ebay/
patriots.

via Roto:
Examiner.com reports Ryan Mathews was arrested following a Sunday bar fight.
Mathews' arrest still hasn't been reported by a mainstream media outlet, so take this with a grain of salt for the time being. As it is, Mathews is alleged to have knocked a man "out cold," and was arrested along with an "associate." If true, it's a terribly-timed incident for an on-the-spot player trying to make a good impression on a new coaching staff. Mathews is coming off a wretchedly disappointing year, and this could give the Bolts' new braintrust an excuse to explore other options. New head man Mike McCoy was free agent Willis McGahee's offensive coordinator the past two seasons
because Nori Chan is the worst!

bionic77

That Buttfumble video is genius.

:lol at the Pats "unique culture". What a bunch of scumbags. Only with the Ravens and now the Pats will a murder make a player more popular.

because Nori Chan is the worst!

huh? Saw this linked by Ian Rapoport:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jul/01/ryan-mathews-arrested-fight-downtown-chargers/

Chargers running back Ryan Mathews was not arrested Sunday night, San Diego police said Monday morning, contrary to a report alleging the Chargers running back's involvement in a fight outside a San Diego night club.

The officer confirmed an Examiner.com report of an 8:30 p.m. fight outside SideBar, located in the Gaslamp district on 536 Market St. A Chargers spokesman said the team was aware of the report and working to confirm Mathews' reported role.

Sgt. Robin Rose directly refuted it, saying Mathews was not arrested.

“We can say that he was definitely not arrested by SDPD," Rose said, "but there might have been a separate arrest that lead to that (report). … It was not Ryan Mathews.”

Rose could not confirm whether Mathews was present at the fight.

A man who is not Mathews was arrested in the altercation. That person's name cannot be released yet, she said.

squicken

According to the Wall Street Journal, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Pilot Flying J has about $4 billion worth of debt and its credit rating has been downgraded by the S&P, which called the financial risk “significant.”

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in April that “Jimmy is doing everything he's asked. He's cooperating. He wants to make sure that he is doing all of the right things in that regard and he has assured us that he is going to [do all of the right things].”

The league also said at the time that it has no plans to remove Haslam from his Browns ownership post. But Haslam hasn't made much good news since he paid about $1 billion, including $700 million up front, to buy the Browns last October.

More from the Plain Dealer:

But of even more concern about Haslam's future with the Browns was contained in a story in Tuesday's Wall Street Journal:

"The company's debt nearly doubled to $4 billion in a two-year period through last year, as its owners paid themselves two payments totaling $1.7 billion from it, according to Moody's.

"Last year, Pilot issued $1.1 billion of the debt -- largely to fund the second one, a dividend for $700 million, according to S&P. That was partly so Jimmy could buy the Cleveland Browns."

So Pilot Flying J was $4 billion in debt before the FBI raid?

Apparently so.

We don't know yet if Haslam knew about this alleged fraud -- he insists that he didn't, but the continued tally of those executives who are pleading guilty make his arguments a little tougher to take -- but you can be sure that if he is implicated, his tenure as an NFL owner will be very short indeed.

hmm this kind of sets off those alarm bells. Jimmy kind of seems like a crook

squicken

Wait, Pilot the trucking company? That's where Haslam made his money from.

Of course he's a crook!

? You didn't know his company was under Federal Investigation for all that fraud? I kind of thought maybe he didn't know what ws going on, or at least had deniablility. But now, I think he's toast. I'm sure the NFL is looking for ways to force him out. But he might end up being their Frank McCourt who just won't sell

Talon

? You didn't know his company was under Federal Investigation for all that fraud? I kind of thought maybe he didn't know what ws going on, or at least had deniablility. But now, I think he's toast. I'm sure the NFL is looking for ways to force him out. But he might end up being their Frank McCourt who just won't sell
I knew he was under investigation for fraud; I didn't know that his company was Pilot the trucking company.

bionic77

Happy Canada Day Kave. WTF is Canada Day btw? It sounds a little weird.

You should call it Happy it is not 40 below day or something that explains what you are celebrating. Like Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc...

Fantomex

Since I saw Fantomex's AC shots, I felt I had to post this :jnc

tumblr_mp9ltneL6Z1rop23fo1_400.jpg

hahahaha

Eat a bag of milk!

I am going to celebrate my country's birthday drinking Canadian beer!

Why thanks, maybe I will. But we don't get it in bags over here you poor.

Is there no voice chat in AC? Nintendo...

No voice chat just text chatting. Nintendo is still somehow scared of pervs or pedophiles I guess? I mean even if I have your friend code I can't just like send you a message that tells you "lets play Mario Kart" or anything like that. Snes should try to defend this dumb thinking from Nintendo.

Nori Chan

I am laughing so hard from these AC shots.

Seriously you guys need to do more of these adventures and screenshot them. OMG I'm laughing my ass off.

Fucking feminine kave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom