• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ugh. Writing a business Plan sucks.

It's easy, bro.

gnomes.jpg

ChanHuk

Banned
You fake Pats fans need to settle down before someone like snes squickens to your insular team's roster.

In other news, I must really hate my life since I'm working 20 hours tomorrow.

Drakeon

Still holding out hope that the ps4 integration for the vita really lifts it off the ground and makes developers more interested in it. If in the first year of the ps4 the vita doesn't do any better, yea, it's done as a mass market product.

I'm holding out hope for this too. Speaking of Vita, anyone else going to pick up Killzone Mercenary? I'm unreasonably excited for that game.

Bread

Banned
my proximity to chan is making me a better person, i am learning about the troubles of alcoholism and how it effects the environment around you. every night i can smell the strong gusts of wind coming from the bay area.

ChanHuk

Banned
my proximity to chan is making me a better person, i am learning about the troubles of alcoholism and how it effects the environment around you. every night i can smell the strong gusts of wind coming from the bay area.

Alcoholics are wusses, pill poppers are the true bosses. Look at Richard Sherman and the Seahawks, they seem to function fine.

You fake Pats fans need to settle down before someone like snes squickens to your insular team's roster.

In other news, I must really hate my life since I'm working 20 hours tomorrow.
:chan :raiders :lol
I may be a browns fan and live in Ohio but literally everyone in the media thinks the raiders are a joke. The other day Terrell Davis literally laughed at them on NFL network, and someone else said they unquestionably have the worst roster in the NFL.

JABEE

I may be a browns fan and live in Ohio but literally everyone in the media thinks the raiders are a joke. The other day Terrell Davis literally laughed at them on NFL network, and someone else said they unquestionably have the worst roster in the NFL.
#DownForClown

ChanHuk

Banned

Started from the bottom bitches, even I acknowledge how horrible of a team the Raiders are. But quite literally, living in Ohio must make you depressed.

The Raiders are in a bad situation this season, but starting next season you'll see them as being possibly being competitive. Especially if we tank for Clowney, Raiders have some pieces to build around on the D (lol 9 new starters, but those two returning are damn fine players), the offense really needs an identity (Fuck you McFadden, you would be the Raiders offense if you could pay 16 games a season). Is it gonna be a rough season? Yeah, its gonna be rough, but whatever I got booze you fuckers.

JABEE

PFT said:
“This team is a playoff team,” Tulloch said Monday, via Gillian Van Stratt of MLive.com. ”You guys come out here every day, you see what’s going on. We just got to put it together.”

Tulloch thinks the Lions have engaged in a little addition by subtraction, thanks to the dumping of certain members of the organization.

“We got rid of some players that were kind of dragging us down and we got players here that want to win and understands what it takes to win,” Tulloch said. ”Bringing guys in like Glover Quinn, who’s been to playoff games. Bringing a guy in like Reggie Bush, who’s been to playoff games. Guys who are experienced with veteran leadership will help us grow as a team and will definitely pay dividends in the long run.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/29/tulloch-declares-lions-to-be-a-playoff-team/
:kas

Started from the bottom bitches, even I acknowledge how horrible of a team the Raiders are. But quite literally, living in Ohio must make you depressed.

The Raiders are in a bad situation this season, but starting next season you'll see them as being possibly being competitive. Especially if we tank for Clowney, Raiders have some pieces to build around on the D (lol 9 new starters, but those two returning are damn fine players), the offense really needs an identity (Fuck you McFadden, you would be the Raiders offense if you could pay 16 games a season). Is it gonna be a rough season? Yeah, its gonna be rough, but whatever I got booze you fuckers.

A Raider fan being hopeful? He must be high.

Godslay

Banned

For a turn around, you have to hope Flynn flashes. Or Wilson grows into that guy. Unless of course you build a monster defense, then you just need a decent game manager. It's going to be tough for the Raiders, they've got a big hole to dig out of. Plus Dennis Allen is still learning himself, but it would be interesting to see him get the chance to use Clowney in blitzes. He was always creative with those.

Geno winded and out of shape when doing gassers at practice according to Baldinger:

In the race to become the Jets’ starting quarterback, Geno Smith is lagging behind Mark Sanchez in at least one respect: Physical conditioning.

That’s the word from Brian Baldinger of NFL Network, who was at Jets camp on Sunday and said Smith looked out of shape during wind sprints following practice. According to Baldinger, Smith couldn’t keep up with Sanchez or anyone else in the group of players doing conditioning drills together.

“He looked good yesterday until they ran gassers at the end of practice, and Geno Smith looked like he had done no conditioning,” Baldinger said of Smith. “It was actually embarrassing to see how far behind he was behind Sanchez, [Matt] Simms and everybody else that’s there.”

Smith is a faster runner than Sanchez (Smith ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.6-second range at the Scouting Combine, while Sanchez was in the 4.9-second range), so if Sanchez is beating Smith in wind sprints, that suggests that Sanchez has taken his conditioning much more seriously this offseason. That would seem to be a point in Sanchez’s favor as Rex Ryan, John Idzik and others make the “group effort” to pick the starter.

But much more important than wind sprints is the ability to run the offense, and Baldinger said in that respect, Smith looked good on the practice field.

“He did look good getting in and out of the huddle, getting to the line of scrimmage, getting the ball out of his hands quickly,” Baldinger said.

That’s what really matters to playing quarterback. But it would be nice to see Smith get himself into shape.

Tanking for Clowney won't do shit unless you have a Qb, you better start wishing for a franchise Qb instead of this Clowney shit.

Nonsense. Giants won 2 SB's thanks to LT. It is harder to win with D now but Clowney looks like he will be the best defender in the league right away. I would take him first for sure.

JABEE

Nonsense. Giants won 2 SB's thanks to LT. It is harder to win with D now but Clowney looks like he will be the best defender in the league right away. I would take him first for sure.
They said the same thing about Suh, but I haven't watched Clowney outside of that hit he put on Lattimore.

For a turn around, you have to hope Flynn flashes. Or Wilson grows into that guy. Unless of course you build a monster defense, then you just need a decent game manager. It's going to be tough for the Raiders, they've got a big hole to dig out of. Plus Dennis Allen is still learning himself, but it would be interesting to see him get the chance to use Clowney in blitzes. He was always creative with those.

We're actually not in a big of hole as people think. We got a lot of young solid guys, and a few building blocks. Also have a couple guys who used to better and can still turn it back around.

True, we need a QB like every team, but we're better than last year and Wilson may be our QB. Pryor is also looking good this TC. He can actually throw a football now to go with his other skills.

ChanHuk

Banned
Tanking for Clowney won't do shit unless you have a Qb, you better start wishing for a franchise Qb instead of this Clowney shit.

Its a QB driven league but fuck that, we'll build a monster D like the Browns Ravens of 2000 and build a monster D and win with a Trent Dilfer like QB.

I hold judgement on Wilson, he has all the tools, he just had a really rough senior season (All his weapons and HC gone). Flynn is not gonna be that guy, he'll be a game manager, that's all I expect. If he's anything more it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom