• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanHuk

Banned
Wait, they are about to be the LA chargers. You are wrong. Both will SQuicken to the Raiders because that the lowest they can sink without becoming Canadians. Chan on bathsalts naked while driviving his ambulence is the epitome Raider degradation of raiderhood. Fuck them.

How long did it take you to type that out you recovering alcoholic?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I certainly hope not!

It's always good to have another Packers fan on board, maybe this year we'll be able to do two consecutive gameday pages of Packers avatars!

A man can dream

wnJpg.gif

JABEE

.....Calvin Johnson......

EDIT: Suh isn't comparable to Clowney, Julius Peppers is a better comparison.

Suh isn't a bust, but I remember hearing all of this hype on places like ESPN (I know) about how Suh was going to be the next Reggie White. How he was already going to be "the best defensive player in the league." Everyone was talking about how he could play any position on the line like White and how he could rush the passer and defend the run at an elite level.

bionic77

Ben's wife must be the worlds worst cook.

Dude looks like he lost about a hundred pounds. Without the blubber I am not sure he can endure his usual 70 sack season. Grabasski better be ready to step in.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ben's wife must be the worlds worst cook.

Dude looks like he lost about a hundred pounds. Without the blubber I am not sure he can endure his usual 70 sack season. Grabasski better be ready to step in.

Grabasski is old news. Lightning Landry is the new hotness.

lolandry.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Captive is already here defending Schaub. Just need to figure out a way to keep Miguel gone...

puhleaze. All I was saying is its a team game. The team as a whole sucked. Also, Schaub isn't an elite QB, but you act like he is saying he should just step up and pull shit out of his ass when the team sucks. He needs to play better down the stretch and so does the rest of the team, not giving up tons of points would be a great start.

But I know your type. You people are the ones FOSTER!!!! JJ WUUUHHTTT! Wade Phillips! when they win, and when they lose its fucking Schaub sucks. Doesn't really matter what actually happened in the game, its just easier to throw the QB under the bus.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I hope he's the starting Qb of the Steelers one day...

He'll be forced into duty for two games this season after the offensive line gives up a sack that would kill an ordinary human. In those games, he'll lose to the browns, but destroy the ravens. Landry has some big, glass shoes to fill.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
jnc @ even comparing Clowney to Suh. I know Clowney is a Julius Peppers type once every 5 years, pass rushing DE and thats nothing to scoff at. But there has never been an athletic freak of nature who has the combination of size, strength and speed of Suh. He can play at any position on the defensive line whether its the on the 4-3 or 3-4.

And latest word out of camp:

The early word out of Lions camp is that defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley look the best they’ve ever looked.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz said the whole team is in good shape, with everyone passing the conditioning test, but he pointed to Suh in particular as a player who made the test look like a joke, it was so easy for him.

“Ndamukong’s always been the guy that’s been in great shape, but I think he took it to a different level this year,” Schwartz said. “Quite honestly, he made a mockery of the conditioning test. He really did. Calvin [Johnson] does that every year, too. Calvin can run his times and barely even break a sweat, and I think that’s what those great athletes do. Ndamukong did that.”

Schwartz also had praise for Fairley, who lost weight during the time off between minicamp and training camp.

“I’ll tell you what, he’s really impressive from where he left here at the end of mini-camp to his report,” Schwartz said of Fairley. “You know people make TV shows about Extreme Makeover and stuff like that and I like where he is right now. He’s worked very hard in five weeks or six weeks whatever it was where he was gone and reported in great shape. His weight was done and he just needs to stay on that track. We’ve talked about how talented he his but it’s been more about availability thing with him rather than a talent thing. And it looks like he’s taken it very seriously. I’m proud of him for doing it.”

Fairley said in May that he considers himself and Suh the best defensive tackle pair in the league. They’re putting in the work to back up that talk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/28/ndamukong-suh-nick-fairley-looking-better-than-ever/

rando14

jnc @ even comparing Clowney to Suh. I know Clowney is a Julius Peppers type once every 5 years, pass rushing DE and thats nothing to scoff at. But there has never been an athletic freak of nature who has the combination of size, strength and speed of Suh.

you dont know bo

jnc @ even comparing Clowney to Suh. I know Clowney is a Julius Peppers type once every 5 years, pass rushing DE and thats nothing to scoff at. But there has never been an athletic freak of nature who has the combination of size, strength and speed of Suh. He can play at any position on the defensive line whether its the on the 4-3 or 3-4.

And latest word out of camp:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/28/ndamukong-suh-nick-fairley-looking-better-than-ever/

wouldn't an "elite" player like Suh get his team more than 4 wins? THEN you add a future hall of famer like matt stafford and i'm assuming the lions are undefeated with those two football prodigies!

The 49ers, Seahawks and Chargers usually duke it out for supremacy in this category, but this year the 49ers are the flyaway winners. Or losers, if you worry about how much mileage your team piles up in a season.

During the regular season, the 49ers will travel 32,948 miles to their eight road games, one of which takes place eight time zones away in London. That's more than 6,000 miles - the equivalent of round trip from San Francisco to Halifax, Nova Scotia - beyond the second-most traveled team, the Chargers. The arch rival Seahawks cover a piddly 23,914 miles by comparison.

How far is 32,948 miles? Well, the circumference of planet earth is 24,901 miles. So it's a pretty big distance.

Regular-season travel
1. San Francisco 32,948 miles
2. San Diego 26,932
3. Oakland 26,240
4. Seattle 23,914 20.
5. Arizona 20,620 21.
6. Jacksonville 19,686
7. Minnesota 17,174
8. Houston 16,716
9. Denver 16,506
10. Philadelphia 15,932
11. Pittsburgh 15,502
12. Dallas 15,460
13. Kansas City 15,378
14. Indianapolis 15,180
15. Miami 15,150
16. New Orleans 14,510
17. Carolina 14,278
18. Tennessee 14,238
19. Tampa Bay 14,186
20. St. Louis 13,616
21. Washington 13,578
22. Atlanta 12,952
23. New England 12,024
24. New York Giants 10,944
25. Buffalo 10,572
26. Baltimore 9,306
27. Cincinnati 9,020
28. New York Jets 8,422
29. Cleveland 7,226
30. Green Bay 6,190
31. Chicago 4,898
32. Detroit 4,202

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archi...n-any-other-team-this-year.html#storylink=cpy

NFL already trying to hold us down!

Saw The Wolverine.

I'd recommend it but it's not a must see.

Spoiler
I don't care if they use a shit load of makeup and probably surface blur, Famke looks fucking hot

brentech

wouldn't an "elite" player like Suh get his team more than 4 wins? THEN you add a future hall of famer like matt stafford and i'm assuming the lions are undefeated with those two football prodigies!

Dont forget the best WR in the league. Nothing can stop the Lions.

No mention of the 1800 yard man?!
Best string of posts.

NFL already trying to hold us down!
That's actually a pretty neat chart. I wonder if anyone has broke down this info over the last few decades and if there is any correlation to season outcomes. Would be nice to see one way or another.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

No, because football is a team game and you need the combined effort of the offense, defense and special teams to win in this league.

This isn't the NBA bruh.

Megatron, Suh, Fairley and of course Stafford are all heading into their prime together, and playing together for at least 3 years. The compontents to a dynasty are in the works if Stafford can stay healthy, with the young defensive line we have put together.

BTW Jadveon Clowneys' and Melvin Ingrams (#18 Chargers 2012 pick) teammate, Devin Taylor, was picked up by us in the 4th round.

7337426.jpg

Devin Taylor is a sleeper for defensive rookie of the year, IMO.

rando14

Megatron, Suh, Fairley and of course Stafford are all heading into their prime together, and playing together for at least 3 years. The compontents to a dynasty are in the works if Stafford can stay healthy, with the young defensive line we have put together.

holy kas

I see it wouldn't be an NFL thread page without a :kas sighting.

Oh and the Pats morons continuing to believe their *'s are legit. :jnc

Bionic - I just read the Steelers' page in ProFootball magazine talking about our season. The two pics were a big fat head of Ben and Timmons's alien looking mug. We definitely got ourselves some dudes who look like they were run over by a Bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom