• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Is it mandatory that in every camp filing beat reporters claim some unknown shitfuck is in "pro bowl" form? Give me a fucking break.

That said, DeAndre Hopkins is fucking PRO BOWL CALIBER.

What an immature and sexist comment. Well done.

:jnc

Hunter S.

What an immature and sexist comment. Well done.
Hey, newbie, you must not read this thread much.

It's terrible to talk about his dead brother and all, but that was over a year ago and Smith loves to keep bringing it up as much as possible, just to show how terrible Pats fans are (Not that they were the only one saying shit like that, but that's not the point).

Dude goes out on twitter calling out the Patriots and their fans for no reason, calling out people their mothers (because he's so classy), and then gets upset that people respond to him, calling him out on his shit. And when people fire back at him, he quickly pulls out the dead brother card again.

Torrey 'Captain Pushoff' Smith is a douche.

The man should shut up on Twitter. Stop calling me out when I am unreasonable you bastard. I am no :kas I cannot keep up bullshitting for long. Dick!!!

MechDX

Is it mandatory that in every camp filing beat reporters claim some unknown shitfuck is in "pro bowl" form? Give me a fucking break.

:jnc

Well since the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest, if said player has an active and entertaining Twitter account then yes, he is Pro Bowl ready.

Oh and Hopkins shits on your comment.

eznark

Banned
When have I said anything about being a Halo fan in the first place, and where did I support it over Pikmin? I've played all of the Pikmin games whereas I've literally only played 2 of the Halo games and was never head over heels about it. I dont think I'm the guy you think I am, but that's OK , I dont mind playing along.

Anyway, Bioshock DLC looks amazing. Noir/detective story in pre-collapse Rapture? YES, please

Could have sworn you posted a bunch in the Halo threads. Whatever!

I actually think the BioShock DLC does look good. Infinite was a train wreck of abysmal storytelling, shitty set pieces, broken combat and awful characters but it looks like they are scrapping all of that for something interesting. Plus, I'm hoping Levine isn't too terrible involved since he is busy raping brilliant sci-fi movie nostalgia.

Fox318

iwI67swAlSU16.gif

Jim Wexell details first and second round picks Jarvis Jones and Le'veon Bell in the Steelers Backs on Backers drill and practice:

Finally it was the featured cage match between the two top picks. They went at it four times; each won twice.

Yet, the violence exhibited by the other linebackers wasn’t evident when Jones hit Bell, or anyone. Jones seemed to lack explosiveness.

“Like pop?” asked Bell. “Well that’s not him. He uses his hands a lot more. When he bull-rushes he doesn’t really lead with his shoulder and head, it’s his hands, and that’s what was getting me at first because I want to kind of pop him, but he just got his hands on me and kind of moved me out of the way.”

After Jones got to the imaginary QB the second time against Bell, Tomlin said, “Ninety-five’s heavy-handed.”

Bell agreed with that assessment of Jones.

“Yeah. He’s thick,” Bell said. “I don’t know how to explain it. He’s just like a special player. He knows how to push a guy back. He’s strong and knows how to use his hands.”

Later in the practice Jones showed off another asset: his coverage skills. Lining up as an inside backer, Jones dropped into coverage and was in position to obliterate David Gilreath after the wide receiver caught a short pass on a crossing pattern. Of course, Jones held back as teammates are expected to do.

A play later, as an outside backer, Jones dropped deep to cover tight end Jamie McCoy. Jones instinctively came off McCoy to make a quick stop on an underneath receiver.

Jones also batted a ball into the air after slipping past tackle Joe Long. It was caught by the unfortunate quarterback, John Parker Wilson, whom Jones hit immediately.

“I’m just doing what I’m asked to do and I’m making plays and having fun doing it,” said Jones. “I think coach is coaching me right, putting me in the right position to make plays, and when the opportunities come I’m just trying to take advantage of it.”

bionic77

Do all teens and young women dress like common whores in the summertime? I feel like even the fat ones do.

Having a daughter is scary. :(

Milchjon

Do all teens and young women dress like common whores in the summertime? I feel like even the fat ones do.

Having a daughter is scary. :(

Tattoos are the worst thing about summer. I'm not totally against them, but it seems like 99% of people simply want a tattoo for the sake of it, and choose the worst, most common, ugliest motives. On a single day a few weeks ago, I saw like 50 tattoos, and NOT A SINGLE ONE was funny, pretty or meaningful. Fuck summer.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

everyone is way to excited about training camp.

Hunter S.

I have the Aztec Sun god from the Aztec/Mayan calander tattooed before it became so famous due to the end of the world prediction. Back when no one knew what it was in 2005. I never, never regret it.

MechDX

everyone is way to excited about training camp.

That's the beauty of this time of year: optimism. If you don't have it you are just making yourself miserable. The negativity in these threads just gets too damn extreme and you are punished for being a damn fan. Especially if you're a fan of a team with little history of success.

Personal opinion: every team, except for the Texans and NIners should just forfeit. Its pre ordained that they will face off in the Superbowl after Schaub gets injured and TJ leads the Texans to the promised land and the two best QB's drafted since 2011, Yates and Kap, will face off.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So my catching up on old PS3 titles had me picking up Fallout New Vegas for $9 last night. I loved FO3 but got just to the end before my 360 died on me a few years ago.

I've heard its a great game and the selling point over a few other titles was the fact I didn't need to beat FO3 to understand what's going on.

So my catching up on old PS3 titles had me picking up Fallout New Vegas for $9 last night. I loved FO3 but got just to the end before my 360 died on me a few years ago.

I've heard its a great game and the selling point over a few other titles was the fact I didn't need to beat FO3 to understand what's going on.

Didn't obsidian do that one? Their games always have so much potential but are so flawed

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
That's the beauty of this time of year: optimism. If you don't have it you are just making yourself miserable. The negativity in these threads just gets too damn extreme and you are punished for being a damn fan. Especially if you're a fan of a team with little history of success.

im not talking about everyone being optimistic about their teams. I'm talking about what eznark was talking about, OMG he's in pro bowl form? Really? not even half the time the teams are practicing in shorts and tshirts.
The only thing to be excited about is at the end of every day there are no injuries to your key starters.

However, i do agree, these threads get tiresome because everyone thinks they're funny(when its really only a fraction of posters that are) and it seems like everyone is trying to impress someone by insulting everyone else's teams/players. Everyone is a roider/cheater. It does get old fast.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Hear hear

Milchjon

Elysium looks awesome.

You have finally returned, I was worried. :( Now where is weinke?

Something must be wrong. He was really active before he disappeared, and hasn't been on GAF since June 14th. I know some people have superior self control, but I refuse to believe someone would just not check GAF for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom