• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Tattoos are the worst thing about summer. I'm not totally against them, but it seems like 99% of people simply want a tattoo for the sake of it, and choose the worst, most common, ugliest motives. On a single day a few weeks ago, I saw like 50 tattoos, and NOT A SINGLE ONE was funny, pretty or meaningful. Fuck summer.
I don't make a habit of agreeing with Pats fans but you are 100% right. I rarely see a nice tattoo. I saw a relatively cute chick today in the court room who had a tattoo that looked like it was sketched out by a 3 year old with crayons markers on her wrist. It was very distracting. If you are going to get a tattoo at least get something awesome looking. If you don't have the good sense or taste to get something that looks good them in addition to whatever shitty art you put on your body pay 20 extra bucks to get douchebag written on your forehead so we can more easily identify you and your kind!

ESPECIALLY the fat ones!

Wisconsin is a dark, dark place at times.
How much sconi moonshine does it take before one of those big girls looks hot?

Bowser

Personally, I will never understand the appeal of a tattoo. Why would you want to permanently ink something on your skin?

Makes no sense to me.

Milchjon

Personally, I will never understand the appeal of a tattoo. Why would you want to permanently ink something on your skin?

Makes no sense to me.

I used to hate all tattoos, but I've become more accepting. If they're personal, meaningful and/or silly, they can be fun. I prefer smaller tattoos, though.

Skin is something nice, if you can't make it better, at least don't make it worse.

Bread

Banned
a friend of mine wanted (he still wants probably) to get a sleeve tattoo of all of the south park characters

he was surprised when i told him i wasnt on board

MechDX

This is what happens when a fanbase stumbles ass-backwards into a decade-plus of high-quality quarterbacking. They begin to believe they DESERVED such good fortune, that Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning were karmic gifts bestowed upon them because they're such proud, humble, PURE Midwestern folk HOOSIERS HOOSIERS HOOSIERS JIMMY CHITWOOD SMALL TOWNS JOHN MELLENCAMP. Bullshit. The Colts were kidnaped from another city and then molded in the fat, arrogant image of their new, drunk captor. They're an episode of Sister Wives. They creep me out.

That. Is. Awesome!

As for the Pagano comment, its just a joke. Everyone showed nothing but respect and admiration for Pagano last season but it has passed.

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 2m

Heavyweight fight: DT Marvin Austin and rookie G Eric Herman briefly exchange punches/shoves. Quickly broken up, though.

That's the most Marvin Austin has done in three seasons with the Giants.

He will be cut this year...
Big group of DT veterans (Linval, Peterson, Cullen, Rogers), Kuhn is on PUP and had rotational time last year while Austin was on the bench and a 2nd round pick in Hankins who's going to be a big run stuffer - I don't disagree. Unless he makes some major headway, he's gone. I liked the pick when Jerry made it but the injuries have slowed him down and he's done nothing. Definitely a bust thus far.

Narag

bionic77

Can't believe Deadspin still exists. Seems like such a relic of times better forgotten.
I had forgotten about Deadspin.

That reminds me, is Drudge still around and does anyone still go to it?

I pretty much rely on ESPN and Google News for my news these days. I can't imagine just sticking to one site for everything.

RBH

ESPN will hire bloggers to cover every NFL team, Rob King confirmed by phone Monday afternoon. “If you’re going to place a bet anywhere, place it on the NFL,” said King, ESPN’s senior vice president for content, digital & print media.

Jason McIntyre reported last June that ESPN planned the hires, but ESPN wouldn’t comment. Monday John Keim announced he was leaving The Washington Post to cover the Redskins for ESPN, and news broke earlier this month that Mike Wells had left the Indianapolis Star for the sports giant.

ESPN already has local sites that cover sports in New York, Chicago, Boston, Dallas and Los Angeles, as well as blogs that cover individual NFL conferences. “Everyone’s staying on,” said King, who is a member of Poynter’s National Advisory Board. All in all, ESPN planned 19 new hires, King said, and the network has decisions or offers out on all but three spots.

Most of the operations will be one-person, but they will be bolstered by editors and producers who will work to move these bloggers’ work across platforms. ESPN has an “editing system that encourages sharing,” he said. By way of example, he said he has “every expectation” that Keim, whose job will involve covering Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III, “will be seen across a number of platforms across the year.”

“Our hope is that it will be there during the preseason,” King said of ESPN’s NFL team. But, he added, “there’s a remote possibility we won’t have all 32 on Day One of the season.” ESPN launched its Boston site in September 2009, and the late start didn’t hurt, King said.

The idea is basically to give fans more content about the teams they obsess over, King said. ESPN.com Editor-in-Chief Patrick Stiegman looked at the site’s data for how much time users spent on the top 100 teams it covered. Of the 32 teams at the top of that list, 31 were NFL teams.

The Jacksonville Jaguars were the only NFL team that didn’t make that list, King said, but he said ESPN decided to cover all the teams anyway.
Had ESPN made a selective foray into more intense local coverage last year — a move he said it considered — it might have skipped covering the Indianapolis Colts, he said. “We would have been absolutely wrong,” he said, citing Andrew Luck’s fantastic 2012 and coach Chuck Pagano’s battle with cancer. “Who’s to say they couldn’t have an incredible season?” King said of the Jaguars.
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...t-will-hire-bloggers-to-cover-every-nfl-team/

is this JNC?

ku-xlarge.jpg

I used to hate all tattoos, but I've become more accepting. If they're personal, meaningful and/or silly, they can be fun. I prefer smaller tattoos, though.

Skin is something nice, if you can't make it better, at least don't make it worse.
My wife has eleven tattoos. :p

My only request is that she doesn't get any on her chest/stomach, legs, or neck and above (as well as any other areas that you would assume are just... not appropriate). I think she's probably done, though. I love 'em.

I don't have any myself because good ones cost way too much money and they are probably frowned upon in my line of work, particularly where I'm currently living. Plus I just can't commit to anything like that, haha.

Bowser

My only request is that she doesn't get any on her chest/stomach, legs, or neck and above (as well as any other areas that you would assume are just... not appropriate). I think she's probably done, though. I love 'em.

I don't have any myself because good ones cost way too much money and they are probably frowned upon in my line of work, particularly where I'm currently living. Plus I just can't commit to anything like that, haha.

So basically she's got 11 tats all over her arms and back?

Milchjon

Yeah. Fuck that guy and his site. KSK is better at the hate angle and more classy.

I thought Drew Margary was a huge part of KSK before he went to Deadspin?

I agree that his "shit on everything" shtick is worn out, though.

Well, Pats logos and Tom Brady's face fall into the acceptable category. I'm sure she chose well.

So basically she's got 11 tats all over her arms and back?
Kind of, yeah. Foot, wrists, forearms, shoulders, upper back, sides.

Well, Pats logos and Tom Brady's face fall into the acceptable category. I'm sure she chose well.
It's actually kind of unfortunate, her entire back is covered with a portrait of Aaron Hernandez's face...

Just kidding, it's Brady.

Just kidding, it's me wearing only a Marino jersey.

squicken

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Mario Williams gets second opinion on foot, per league source. Not believed to be serious but doctor advised him to rest it.

best diagnosis he could have hoped for

squicken

Is this just a "camp injury" situation? I haven't been paying much attention.

I won't even pretend to be unbiased with Mario. He's never struck me as a guy who loved football. That's fine and all, but not for a guy going #1 overall or getting $50m guaranteed in FA

Hunter S.

Makes no sense to me.
Typical GAF nerd. lol

I have a friend that has a gun and will do it on me for free. He is an artist and retired land planner. Anyway, I plan on getting some all black tribal
like tats done. it is just a matter of coming up with something cool enough that any chick who sees it will get wet. The GF does not mind. I think they can look cool unlike those Pittsburgh team tats that retarded villiger has.

Bread

Banned
You must be loco and I said all black. That could be anything. All that matters to me is symmetry. Probably will be around the coller bones and shoulders. No tramp stamp like Brady's.
you do some barbed wire around your arms, and then some sweet tribal tattoos around your collar bone. maybe a dragon on your wrist.

Milchjon

Typical GAF nerd. lol

I have a friend that has a gun and will do it on me for free. He is an artist and retired land planner. Anyway, I plan on getting some all black tribal
like tats done. it is just a matter of coming up with something cool enough that any chick who sees it will get wet. The GF does not mind. I think they can look cool unlike those Pittsburgh team tats that retarded villiger has.

Tribal? Nooooooooope. That's the epitome of a meaningless tattoo.

Get something cool. Like an anchor.

My god. After listening to Jason Wilde and his callers choices for songs to pump up the crowd during TV timeouts from his show yesterday, I'm hoping he just attracts all the crazy people in Green Bay.

He made Infinite because he didn't want to make Bioshock 2 and he ends up grafting Infinite onto Raptures skin.
Meh.

He didn't want to do 2 because he knew what demands/expectations a direct sequel in the same universe would entail. With Infinites story (whether good or bad is up to you), he has creative freedom to do what he wants, so now he can return to Rapture with a blank canvas so to speak. That's my view at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom