• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

1b7l7Hm.gif

Riley Cooper doesn't care for the dog.

@twithersAP: #Browns RB Trent Richardson spent time after practice today with Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk. Richardson says he idolizes Faulk.

@twithersAP: Faulk gave Richardson tips on running "angle route" #Browns

@NateUlrichABJ: HOF RB & NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk held court in after #Browns practice. He clearly thinks T-Rich has what it takes to be great.

@NateUlrichABJ: HOF RB Marshall Faulk on #Browns RB Trent Richardson: "He has it in him. It’s in him to be great. He wants it." #NFL
What more is there to say? I mean I've already crowned him as the greatest Rb ever.

Brinbe

They really should have just cut him. He's done in Philly, so he's only an added distraction now. And for what, a #4/5 receiver? Def not worth it.

Godslay

Banned
Man, not looking good. Dan Koppen and Von Miller out for beginning of season.

Koppen will be replaced by either Lilja or ManRam. They should be okay at C for now. Nothing is set in stone for Von. Rumors say that it might be that he was at a USO event in Afghanistan and missed the drug test. A missed drug test is auto-fail. He didn't test positive for drugs apparently, but who knows what actually happened.

DRC went down today too. Will be out for a bit.

Injuries are bound to happen. Still have a solid squad with good depth, as long as we have the Sheriff and our offense shows up, then defense's job is that much easier. Losing those guys doesn't change the outlook on the season imo.

Godslay

Banned
Ryan Lilja is still in the league? Whoa.

Played last year. Seemed pretty decent actually.

For example:
According to pro football focus, Lilja was the 14th rated center in the league with an overall grade of 7.8. He scored a -3.1 in the pass blocking department and a 9.5 in the run blocking department. In 375 pass blocking snaps, Lilja allowed one sack and 13 total pressures for an overall 97.3# pass blocking efficiency. Koppen allowed 1 sack and 7 pressures and Manny Ramirez allowed 6 sacks and 13 total pressures.

ChanHuk

Banned
I had Thai tonight for the first time.

T'was muy good.

I'm slowly but surely becoming less of an uncultured troglodyte.

Thai cuisine and Cambodian cuisine are very similar, except Thai food is better. Cambodians still better, that's right bitch, I'm racist but not as racist as Riley Cooper.

bionic77

Finley being sacrificed on an altar?

If the Packers unleash Quarless the Niners are fucked Week 1.

I'll get on that Persian. Had some good Meddy this past weekend.
I had some great Iranian food in DC. My go to restaurant was Moby Dick. As I recall I preferred the location in or next to Bethesda. As with everything you have to go to a good place. Shit is shit everywhere!

Damn I miss DC. Everything is great excerpt the traffic and cost of living.

Pimpwerx

All I'm reading about Fins training camp is Jonathon Martin LT getting destroyed by everyone that put in front of him. That's not a good look. PEACE.

WedgeX

Banned
I had some great Iranian food in DC. My go to restaurant was Moby Dick. As I recall I preferred the location in or next to Bethesda. As with everything you have to go to a good place. Shit is shit everywhere!

Come back and visit! We can make fun of all the cowboy fans! Which is really strange.

effzee

Moby Dick is garbage. Good Persian food is so much better.

And Eagles won't cut Cooper only because Maclin is out. Cooper figures to be the #2 WR on the depth chart.

Terrible start to camp so far. Maclin and LB Jason Philips out for the year and now Cooper going Florida on us.

I'm pretty confident our d can't be any worse than it was last season but the transition from 4-3 to 3-4 will be painful especially with DE Cole and Graham converting to LBs. Thankfully Chip recognizes you can't switch completely in one off season when they never drafted for a 3-4 before. Said it will be some sort of hybrid.

bionic77

Moby Dick is garbage. Good Persian food is so much better.

And Eagles won't cut Cooper only because Maclin is out. Cooper figures to be the #2 WR on the depth chart.

Terrible start to camp so far. Maclin and LB Jason Philips out for the year and now Cooper going Florida on us.

I'm pretty confident our d can't be any worse than it was last season but the transition from 4-3 to 3-4 will be painful especially with DE Cole and Graham converting to LBs. Thankfully Chip recognizes you can't switch completely in one off season when they never drafted for a 3-4 before. Said it will be some sort of hybrid.
Moby Dick was our spot after basketball games.

It was cheap and we thought it was good!

squicken

If you cut Cooper then you are now set up for having to cut anyone who speaks poorly of gays or women or any other persecuted group. Or you hate that group of people that were insulted b/c you didn't cut the player but did cut Cooper

And then you are set up for having to cut anyone who gets a DUI, b/c really, is being racially insensitive worse than driving drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom