• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm drunk, and now I'm high from spraying rubbing alcohol. The bat bugs (what I determined they are) have taken hold of my Packers slippers, and I tossed them out. I hate everything.
You could have thrown them in the dryer for a long while then put them in a plastic bag after.

Like I said before, 115F.

I just downloaded the game earlier today. No fucking idea what the game is about, lol. Thought the original was just based on Warcraft 3. Had to do some reading to understand how the hell Valve got the rights.

Working through the tutorial now.

Famous last words

you'll be hooked by the end of the week!

Greg

You could have thrown them in the dryer for a long while then put them in a plastic bag after.

Like I said before, 115F.
I've been doing that with sheets and random stuff, but there was a handful of them on it when I got home and decided it was enough.

Good morning everyone. The weekend is close. I can almost smell it.

Eat a bag of dicks
:jnc

good morning and good night for 3 hours

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just heard on the radio that the whole Drew Brees thing is bpgus.

That bill was on takeout!!

I'm more disgusted he would tip anything on takeout.

Good morning everyone. The weekend is close. I can almost smell it.
We are four days from watching an actual Dolphins game on live TV. I don't care if it is preseason!

Also, Dolphins are screwed:

It was a banner practice for No. 3 overall pick Dion Jordan. The rookie defensive end was a terror against Miami's starting offensive line. Jordan registered two sacks while matched up against starting left tackle Jonathan Martin. Jordan also looked good in one-on-one drills. Jordan is very fluid and athletic in his movements and showed flashes of why Miami made him its top pick in April's draft.

Milchjon

Question is: Is Jordan that good, or Martin that shit? I'm more worried it's the latter...

Being able to spin everything two ways is one of the best things about training camp, especially for a negative nancy like me.

Brady throwing picks: "Oh God, he's gonna suck this year".
Brady throwing no picks: "Oh God, our Secondary is still shit."
O-Line getting beat: "Oh God, our protection will be abysmal."
O-Line not getting beat: "Oh God, still no pass rush."

People have been signing Jordan's praises in every practice he's been involved in. It's nothing to do with Martin.
The problem is Jordan isn't the only guy who's been making Martin look bad. He's been questionable in some practices, 1-on-1 drills, and the scrimmage. The Dolphins have a very talented group of d-linemen but unfortunately they aren't the only team in the NFL you can say that about.

I've booked Monday off work so I'll be staying up to watch it.

Possibly NFL-GAF Skype IM group convo scenario during the live coverage?
Sounds good to me!

Wrayfield

Being able to spin everything two ways is one of the best things about training camp, especially for a negative nancy like me.

That's me in a nutshell. Only our team sucked so much I have good reason to be negative until I am proven otherwise. :)

The problem is Jordan isn't the only guy who's been making Martin look bad. He's been questionable in some practices, 1-on-1 drills, and the scrimmage. The Dolphins have a very talented group of d-linemen but unfortunately they aren't the only team in the NFL you can say that about.

The only upside for me is that, going against good linemen in practice every week he is bound to improve at least a little bit.

I've booked Monday off work so I'll be staying up to watch it.

Possibly NFL-GAF Skype IM group convo scenario during the live coverage?

I will "work from home" on Monday, so let me know if you guys do this, I will join in.

Spades

Sounds good to me!

I'm not saying that JM is great, I was more pointing out that he's not making Jordan look good - Jordan is doing that regardless.

The only upside for me is that, going against good linemen in practice every week he is bound to improve at least a little bit.
Let's hope so! Also,

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-dolphins-address-various-issues-of-note.html

Coach Joe Philbin on left tackle Jonathan Martin: “We saw a lot of progress, we saw developments there. His technique is good, he needs to work on his punch a little bit better, the consistency of the punch, but I thought overall he played well. He had five games roughly that he played at left tackle last year, so he needs to have frequent snaps but we’re expecting a lot.”
In Philbin we trust.

I'm not saying that JM is great, I was more pointing out that he's not making Jordan look good - Jordan is doing that regardless.
I gotcha. I hope Coyle finds a way to get Wake, Jordan, and Olivier Vernon on the field together during passing downs. Combine that with the speedier LB's and this could be an incredible group of pass rushers.

Milchjon

Timing is perfect again this season. As far as I can see, I have a test the day after the first preseason game, the day after the first regular season game, and the day after the third game.

Lovin it.

Wrayfield

I hope you're right and I will be proven wrong. Jordan will have an impact, just looking at our d-line he could free up the interior rush or Wake to do some damage.

BigAT

Or you can just go with the truth:

Brady sucks, your
non-Rutgers
secondary is still shit, your protection is abysmal and you're not going to have any pass rush.

Bowser

McCarthy trying to hold the true #1 Packers QB down!!

They may not feel as good as they’d like to about Graham Harrell; as explained by Lori Nickel of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Packers are giving B.J. Coleman “every opportunity” to become the No. 2 quarterback.

On Wednesday, Coleman was indeed the backup to Rodgers in practice. Unfortunately for Coleman, he threw two interceptions.

Per PFT.

eznark

Banned
McCarthy trying to hold the true #1 Packers QB down!!

Per PFT.

That's usually how QB competitions work, yes. Plus, BJ Coleman is just the next Graham Harrell, he just needs to wait his turn. The never-ending string of Best Passers in the Game will continue to run through GB.

Wrayfield

Harrell will probably play 2-3 games when Fraudgers is concussed or busy ignoring cancer patients or both. He will throw for 400 yards in each of those games. Some desperate team will get him for two 1st rounders and a good 2nd string CB. The rich getting richer...

I cant wait to crush the Dolphins hopes this season.

also,

bx9tDps.gif

brentech

Famous last words

you'll be hooked by the end of the week!

I was trying to learn the play before the game finished downloading yesterday. Was so damn confused with all the terms being used.
Once I got into it, it was like, yeah, I can see the big learning curve, but the for most part I at least get what's going on.

It's got me intrigued.

eznark

Banned
I was trying to learn the play before the game finished downloading yesterday. Was so damn confused with all the terms being used.
Once I got into it, it was like, yeah, I can see the big learning curve, but the for most part I at least get what's going on.

It's got me intrigued.

Read this:

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

If you think Bob sucks at posting on message boards, wait til you see him play Dota!

Kave our real first superbowl is the GLC (Great lake Classic) against the lions and :kas
for the trophy
nfl_g_greatlakestrophy1_576.jpg

yes this is a real thing for the annual lions vs browns preseason game. this year is even better because of :kas and the road 1800 yds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom