• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Too far man, too far...

We're done. How dare you sir, how dare you.

FUCK THE BILLS!

The Bills are better than this:
argos-celebration-fail.gif

Makes buttfumble look professional

Giants released their first camp depth chart.

QB battle begins with Carr still the #2 man. Nassib is #3. He has some preseason games to change that. I think the Giants keep 3 QB's this year, regardless. That is unless Nassib has a monster camp/preseason games and the Giants are comfortable with him at #2 (not likely).

Starting Linebackers: Keith Rivers, Mark Herzlich and Spencer Paysinger

Running Back chart has David Wilson and Andre Browns both as co-#1's.

David Wilson retains the Kick return job. Reuben Randle is the the Punt returner.

David Diehl is the starting RT on the depth chart.

Defensive End surprise? Demontre Moore is listed ahead of Adrian Tracy for the third defensive end spot. Though both have been getting work behind Tuck/Kiwi. JPP still listed as the starter despite being on PUP. It seems like the Giants are bullish his return.

Bread

Banned
You Canadians are okay by me. Although the Messicans got you beat on the poutine front.

Let me introduce you to one of the only edible Messican dishes, carne asada fries.

091310-carneasadafries.jpg
you're ok with this but not with california burritos? you're filthy.

QB battle begins with Carr still the #2 man. Nassib is #3. He has some preseason games to change that. I think the Giants keep 3 QB's this year, regardless. That is unless Nassib has a monster camp/preseason games and the Giants are comfortable with him at #2 (not likely).

David Wilson retains the Kick return job. Reuben Randle is the the Punt returner.

Defensive End surprise? Demontre Moore is listed ahead of Adrian Tracy for the third defensive end spot. Though both have been getting work behind Tuck/Kiwi. JPP still listed as the starter despite being on PUP. It seems like the Giants are bullish his return.

The financial portfolio update comes later today?

;)

LevelNth

Banned

I'll be surprised if Brown can hold off Wilson from becoming the lead back for very long. Wilson is crazy talented, and I feel like this year he's going to break out pretty hard.

KaYotiX

Banned
One of the best things about living in TX is all the damn great Mexican food :)

About to go to work and im going to have my wife make me some Fajitas. THX NFL-GAF! :)

Wow you guys are thin here if these are your starters.
Yep. Biggest area of weakness. Some are saying that Paysinger will surprise but I don't have any hope that Rivers stays healthy and frankly I think Jacquain Williams will beat one of these guys out for a starting spot. Herzlich has talent but is slow. Blackburn 2.0 in a lot of ways but if he can be a run stuffer and understand the defense enough to let the line do its work...

The financial portfolio update comes later today?

;)
You just want me to post the Bradying pic, don't you? ;)

I'll be surprised if Brown can hold off Wilson from becoming the lead back for very long. Wilson is crazy talented, and I feel like this year he's going to break out pretty hard.
Wilson's problem is pass protection. He's progressing but still not where the coaches want him to be. Once he gets that down, there's no question he'll be the clear starter but the Giants always run more than one back so Brown will still have a role.

I personally like Brown's vision quite a bit. He's a north/south runner that understands he needs to follow his block. He'll continue to be our short yardage/goal line back.

LevelNth

Banned
Wilson's problem is pass protection. He's progressing but still not where the coaches want him to be. Once he gets that down, there's no question he'll be the clear starter but the Giants always run more than one back so Brown will still have a role.

I personally like Brown's vision quite a bit. He's a north/south runner that understands he needs to follow his block. He'll continue to be our short yardage/goal line back.
Wilson @ ~90% of 1st/2nd down, ~25% of 3rd down with Brown the rest + GL/SY is my prediction to start the season. Agree?

If Wilson can improve his pass pro (which I'm betting he will, Coughlin always employs great RB coaches) he'll eat into the rest of that 3rd down percentage big time.

eznark

Banned
Speaking of pass protection, apparently Fat Eddie is making the right reads and getting to the right spots...he is just wholly unable to actually block anyone. That's troubling as fuck. Cut him now.

Colasante

Patriots WR Julian Edelman was taken off the PUP today and has begun practicing with the team. Aaron Dobson is also returning after not practicing Tuesday due to a cleating.

A lot of Patriots beat writers consider Edelman a lock to make the team, but I don't see that. I think he'll need a good, consistently healthy camp to earn a spot.

Bread

Banned
Why you gotta call him that?

I challenge both the "human" and the "being".
i want to give him a break, he must hate being called a fat goron by everyone he meets.
The only redeeming quality you have as a conjurer of cocks is that you have Tebow on your team, may he forgive your pathetic trifling ways of life.
the only thing tebow has proven is that he is a false prophet, 2 of his college teammates are scumbags he couldn't save them? what a joke.

Patriots WR Julian Edelman was taken off the PUP today and has begun practicing with the team. Aaron Dobson is also returning after not practicing Tuesday due to a cleating.

A lot of Patriots beat writers consider Edelman a lock to make the team, but I don't see that. I think he'll need a good, consistently healthy camp to earn a spot.

It sounds like the 3 rookies Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins make the team so that leaves Amendola and maybe 3 other guys, so he could make it.

Eagles racist update:

RT @albertbreer: LeSean McCoy told me what hurts about Cooper's remarks is "losing a friend." ... "I can't respect a guy like that."

The Eagles are seeking "outside help" for Cooper whatever that means.

Colasante

Amendola-Slater-Dobson-Boyce-Thompkins-Edelman and Harrison on PUP. Not gonna carry more than 6 WRs will they?

I think that's likely, with Kamar Aiken going to the practice squad, assuming he clears waivers. I just don't think Edelman is a lock if injuries continue to nag at him, especially since he has no money guaranteed. It'll be important for him to have a good camp, or else his spot could be taken once other teams do their final cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom