• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Huh! I said it a day or two ago, but this is kinda worrying. Everything I've heard about Martin out of camp is that he's been getting owned by any and everyone they put in front of. I've also read that they've been trying various different starters at LT. That tells me the coaches don't have confidence he'll figure it out. I wish we'd kept Long if we weren't going to replace him with that free agent they were talking about. PEACE.

squicken

One of the things I always pour through on Football Outsiders is offensive line health. Usually a healthy OL means a good offense. Phins were the exception. 4 guys started all 16 games, and Long started 12. It could actually be worse if there are injuries and they lose continuity. Of course Martin and Pouncey are young and could get better, but it's possible that last year was the upside

lold at that part

Yeah he had to know that he couldn't trust that dude. TMZ is paying a fortune for stuff like that these days.

And he's never playing football again. Even if he gets off on the murder charge, he's dead in the water on the gun charges and they could put him away for damn near 30 years on those charges alone.

eznark

Banned
Yeah he had to know that he couldn't trust that dude. TMZ is paying a fortune for stuff like that these days.

And he's never playing football again. Even if he gets off on the murder charge, he's dead in the water on the gun charges and they could put him away for damn near 30 years on those charges alone.

Destroying the video cameras at his house likely puts him away for all of his football playing years.

jakncoke

Banned

PFL(Penal Football League) will get him for an extra desert

squicken

Practice summary: Practice began on a somber note with cornerback Chris Culliver going down with a potentially serious left knee injury while running down the field in a punt coverage drill.

Several of his teammates consoled Culliver, who also received a hug from 49ers general manager Trent Baalke. Culliver, a vital part of the 49ers' defense as the No. 3 cornerback last season, was crying as he was carted off the field.

Pretty easy to diagnose ACL tears via examination. Sucks for SF

BQh4-IxCMAEZqWT.jpg:large
`

WedgeX

Banned
1. Niners
2. Texans
3. Seahawks
4. Ravens
5. Bears
6. Bengals
7. Vikings
8. Broncos
9. Browns
10. Pats

(11. Lions)

Speaking of this.

mlive said:
The Lions switched up to a full-line drill after the one-on-one segment. It was impressive to see the defensive line use its strength and size to collapse the pocket repeatedly. The group was really focusing on twists and stunts during these early portions of practice, including individual drills.

Also the Lions have a new beat writer at Mlive, should be a good change of pace from Anwar Richardson. He just didn't seem to find a decent voice as a Lions writer, unlike Tom Kowalski before him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Pics from Lions camp:

USATSI_7356162_154224504_lowres_gallery_post.jpg

Stafford showing his speed in warm ups.

USATSI_7359037_154224504_lowres_gallery_post.jpg

Perfect form and release.

USATSI_7355875_154224504_lowres_gallery_post.jpg

Megatron has been working out with Stafford in the offseason apparently.

USATSI_7355927_154224504_lowres_gallery_post.jpg

Fairley getting ready for beast mode.

USATSI_7353901_154224504_lowres_gallery_post.jpg

Chris Houston with solid coverage on Megatron, with Stafford putting the ball where it needs to go.

USATSI_7353894_154224504_lowres_gallery_post.jpg

Rookie Darius Slay with a pass defended and great coverage. Have high hopes for the guy.

USATSI_7352472_154224504_lowres_gallery_post.jpg

Lots more pics here of the most under-hyped team in the league getting prepared:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/7/31/4572704/lions-training-camp-photos-2013

TheFatOne

Quick update for Pats fans. Looks like Glass-i is already hurt. Truyly impressive. Was on the bike today, and reports were he was walking gingerly. With his history he is probably gone for the season. I really want to see what Dobson looks like in a real game. Reports early from camp have been good for him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh had 23 QB hits last year, second to Watt. Just didn't get the sacks that Watt did. Reason to hope for a "breakout" year

Speaking of which, I have no idea how to post Twitter pics/messages but Suh has been tearing it up at camp.

Daniel Jeremiah from NFL Network:

Suh is in phenomenal shape. His combination of power & hand quickness is rare. He's a legit DPOY candidate.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/8/1/4579286/daniel-jeremiah-very-impressed-with-ndamukong-suh

And squicken, Suh had his breakout year as soon as he stepped foot on an NFL field in his first preaseason game. He doesn't need to have 20 sacks to have an impact when he's already getting double teamed.

In before moobs jokes.

They're called pecs Slay.

squicken

Speaking of which, I have no idea how to post Twitter pics/messages but Suh has been tearing it up at camp.

Daniel Jeremiah from NFL Network:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/8/1/4579286/daniel-jeremiah-very-impressed-with-ndamukong-suh

And squicken, Suh had his breakout year as soon as he stepped foot on an NFL field in his first preaseason game. He doesn't need to have 20 sacks to have an impact when he's already getting double teamed.

They're called pecs Slay.

I put "breakout" in quotes b/c he is established, but he's never had that "Baby Sapp" type year yet. And Watt got double teamed all year, though DET played a much tougher schedule

Speaking of FatFord
12. In 2011, Matthew Stafford attempted 663 passes, had 16 interceptions and threw 41 touchdown passes. In 2012, Stafford attempted 727 passes, had 17 interceptions and threw for 20 touchdowns.

13. Last season, Calvin Johnson was tackled an NFL-leading eight times inside the 5-yard line.

14. In addition, he was tackled at the 1-yard line five times, most in the NFL.

15. In fact, last season, Lions wide receivers as a group were tackled 23 times at or inside the 5-yard line.

16. That was at least five more times than any other team.

Via Matt Berry 100 Facts

ChanHuk

Banned
:kas

Although, Suh is probably the best 3 technique DT in the game right now, but he's so undisciplined that he gives the offense free yardage/downs.

Pics from Lions camp:

USATSI_7356162_154224504_lowres_gallery_post.jpg

I had the same look on my face when I was 6 and my aunts made me to walk a couple miles across the frozen lake.

That my friends, is the look of complete anguish. That is the look of utter despair. That is the look of a fat kid forced into exercise.

hHukwn0.png

JABEE

I need the Eagles to be good this season for the sake of my sanity.

:kas

Edit:
Looks like Chan is going full Kramer! Holy shit!

I put "breakout" in quotes b/c he is established, but he's never had that "Baby Sapp" type year yet. And Watt got double teamed all year, though DET played a much tougher schedule
No one in their right mind would compare Suh (or any d-lineman) to Watt. Not a fair comparison, JJ's in his own league.

Going to suck when he starts taking plays off because his QB is so shit. :(

ChanHuk

Banned
No one in their right mind would compare Suh (or any d-lineman) to Watt. Not a fair comparison, JJ's in his own league.

Going to suck when he starts taking plays off because his QB is so shit. :(

Y'all think Clowney will be as good as JJ Watt? Or maybe even better?

JABEE

philly sports gonna be pretty miserable for a while man :
The Flyers will be good next season. They just need to add a #1 defenseman. They are a playoff team.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Gagne-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot

Timonen-Schenn
Coburn-Grossmann
Streit-Gustaffson

Emery
Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom