• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

Watt takes dumps that are more effective than Suh.

So tired of the, "Suh gets doubled all the time." yea, no shit, someone on every team does. It's what they're able to accomplish from there.
He cab be disruptive, but he over plays and fucks up way to much.

He's getting some years under him now, but I'm not sure he's really progressing at all..

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
shut your face

Okay.

sad-cat.jpg

LJ11

Watt takes dumps that are more effective than Suh.

So tired of the, "Suh gets doubled all the time." yea, no shit, someone on every team does. It's what they're able to accomplish from there.
He cab be disruptive, but he over plays and fucks up way to much.

He's getting some years under him now, but I'm not sure he's really progressing at all..

Nick Fairley was a monster when healthy, you combine him with Suh and a raw Ansah and they're going to give teams fits up front, or should anyway.

You have to realize who's coaching that team to begin with. Stop the run on the way to the QB. No reading, just penetrating.

Lets look at the abysmal Bills defense from a season ago. 2nd most QB pressures from the DT position according to PFF. Bottom of the barrel in run D. Completely out of their fits all game long, because the goal was to penetrate and not worry about the run, that was the LBs roll.

Basically, you put in a garbage system, you get garbage results.

I need the Eagles to be good this season for the sake of my sanity.

:kas

Edit:
Looks like Chan is going full Kramer! Holy shit!
I got some bad news for you. Eagles are going to be terribad this year. Chip got stuck with a bunch of Andys guys. This year is just about who to keep. Next year they get a QB and start the rebuild for real.

squicken

Was wrong about the dates. ESPN's team blogs start Monday. This doesn't matter to most of you, but in STL, they just have nothing as far as Rams coverage, so I'm hopeful he's not just a shill

squicken

So you're telling me there are 4 games vs Todd Bowles as DC and Nnamdi as a starting corner? I'm like a Bills fan who just found out the Pats are reuniting the 2010 Rams!

MechDX

Suh had 23 QB hits last year, second to Watt. Just didn't get the sacks that Watt did. Reason to hope for a "breakout" year

And squicken, Suh had his breakout year as soon as he stepped foot on an NFL field in his first preaseason game. He doesn't need to have 20 sacks to have an impact when he's already getting double teamed.

No one in their right mind would compare Suh (or any d-lineman) to Watt. Not a fair comparison, JJ's in his own league.

Going to suck when he starts taking plays off because his QB is so shit. :(

Y'all think Clowney will be as good as JJ Watt? Or maybe even better?

jj-swatt2-1-5-13.gif

I was watching GI Joe Retaliation and I felt a buzzing in my head that someone was referring to my boy!

It seems like there are a lot more injuries this pre-season/training camp than most years.

Am I crazy or is it just happening to bigger name players?

Godslay

Banned

It's like a black hole swallowing a red giant. Even with the mass of Stafford, Watt just seems huge.

It seems like there are a lot more injuries this pre-season/training camp than most years.

Am I crazy or is it just happening to bigger name players?

I think I read somewhere that injuries have increased 37% from 2009 - 2012. Some think this might be to changes in reporting in the new CBA.

And to think most Texans fans, including myself, were furious when we passed over Fairley for Watt. In Wade we trust.

Bill would have been too smart to draft him. He only drafts classy players like Hernandez and the Rutgers defense,

He's smart enough to get past the divisional round unlike that idiot of the Texans who cant even watch a damn field goal.

MechDX

If he played for the Pats all his accomplishments would be tarnished.

I do wish he played for the Steelers though. He would be a God in Pittsburgh. A white all pro linebacker who kills qbs? Game over!

Reached a high status here. I would say already equal to Biggio/Bagwell and on The Dreams heels.

He's smart enough to get past the divisional round unlike that idiot of the Texans who cant even watch a damn field goal.

You will always have the Jags!
until they move to London or LA. Then you can join the Cowboys your 3rd team

bionic77

Reached a high status here. I would say already equal to Biggio/Bagwell and on The Dreams heels.

You will always have the Jags!
until they move to London or LA. Then you can join the Cowboys your 3rd team
The Texans are not as big in Houston as the Steelers are in Pittsburgh and the Steelers have a history with linebackers. A dominant guy like that for the Steelers would be too much for our fanbase to handle.

MechDX

Had to cross the line didn't you?

Gary Kubiak has more Superbowl rings than your entire goddamn franchise!

Do not besmirch his name you goddamn gator!

Oh shit. You woke the beast and his Kubiak man
ORANGE
crush!

The Texans are not as big in Houston as the Steelers are in Pittsburgh and the Steelers have a history with linebackers. A dominant guy like that for the Steelers would be too much for our fanbase to handle.

But Watt isn't a linebacker...

Gary Kubiak has more than 3 rings?

EDIT: 3?

Clowney is going to be super good but there is no way he can live up to the hype.

Having everyone call him the greatest player to come out in basically a decade is setting him up for failure.

Huh! I said it a day or two ago, but this is kinda worrying. Everything I've heard about Martin out of camp is that he's been getting owned by any and everyone they put in front of. I've also read that they've been trying various different starters at LT. That tells me the coaches don't have confidence he'll figure it out. I wish we'd kept Long if we weren't going to replace him with that free agent they were talking about. PEACE.

anytime you can go into a season trying to protect your 2nd year QB by playing musical chairs at left tackle, you gotta do it

we're so fucked

Godslay

Banned
lol how cute

Kubiak has engineered ass-whippin's for Belichick before. See Denver vs. NYJ AFC championship game oh so long ago. 23 unanswered points rammed right down the defensive guru's throat.

If he had a QB worth a shit, he would do it all over again. That's the bottleneck, not Kubes.

Bread

Banned
Kubiak has engineered ass-whippin's for Belichick before. See Denver vs. NYJ AFC championship game oh so long ago. 23 unanswered points rammed right down the defensive guru's throat.

If he had a QB worth a shit, he would do it all over again. That's the bottleneck, not Kubes.
doesn't change the fact that belichick got us 3 rings in 4 years biiiiiiiiiiitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom