• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Wearing that Tennessee Oilers avatar mustve really messed you up.

Its ok to come out Gata. We have all supported teams with shitty records at one point except for Pats bandwagoners. Just admit your love and let your inner Jaguar live!!!!

jaggin1.gif

Godslay

Banned
doesn't change the fact that belichick got us 3 rings in 4 years biiiiiiiiiiitch

Right. Doesn't change the fact that Sosa, ARod, McGuire, and Bonds will be remembered as clean all-time greats.

The 3 legit rings the Pats have are the halo above Tebow's head, the one Giselle bought Tammy, and the grease ring that Wilfork leaves after taking a bath.

Bread

Banned
Right. Doesn't change the fact that Sosa, ARod, McGuire, and Bonds will be remembered as clean all-time greats.

The 3 legit rings the Pat's have are the halo above Tebow's head, the one Giselle bought Tammy, and the grease ring that Wilfork leaves after taking a bath.
ill believe the opinions of some of the biggest names in coaching over you neckbeards any day

brentech

Max Payne 3 is such a fun game.

I don't mind the loading that much but the constant cutscenes really kill my murder boner.
Feel the same way man. I've been drudging through it. The cut-scenes and the parts where they pull the control away from you are really annoying as fuck. Otherwise it's alright. Glad I didn't pay but a few bucks for it back when Amazon had their huge sale.

Haha I just got that. Fuck you for making me laugh, Packers scum.
/facepalm

Max Payne 3 is such a fun game.

I don't mind the loading that much but the constant cutscenes really kill my murder boner.

Haha I just got that. Fuck you for making me laugh, Packers scum.

I absolutly loved Max Payne 3. Cutscenes and all, seems like GTA V will feel like MP3. Can't wait. (Also, hook me up with some of that Rockstar sponsor money).

Ehehehehehehahahahahahaha

He can easily get a 100 catches if he plays all year!

If, I know, go fuck yourself

squicken

Watt is considered a DE in a 3-4 but to me he seems more of an OLB to me. I can't wrap my head around an end getting 20 sacks in a 3-4.

The Texans really aren't a 3-4 like Pittsburgh runs, but he is a mostly an interior lineman. It's what makes his numbers so phenomenal

Kiryu

July is over.... Make a OT for August. :O

*stops posting*

I'mma lurking this thread or next thread till preseason starts

Kiryu

Yo NFLGAF
In August 12, I am moving out of my parent's house to go my college in New York. I will live on campus site (dorm for two years). I will probably have free small TV there but I want to know if there's any good deal for me to just watch any Seahawks games without need a cable to watch it?

Sunday Tickets are only on "Directv" but I heard that people don't like "Directv"?

JABEE

Yo NFLGAF
In August 12, I am moving out of my parent's house to go my college in New York. I will live on campus site (dorm for two years). I will probably have free small TV there but I want to know if there's any good deal for me to just watch any Seahawks games without need a cable to watch it?

Sunday Tickets are only on "Directv" but I heard that people don't like "Directv"?

If you buy Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition for the PS3 or 360, you can stream the NFL Sunday ticket to your computer without needing a cable or DTV subscription. You can pay like $300 for the subscription otherwise, but the Madden bundle comes with a year trial and you get the new Madden for $100.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1001215841

Milchjon

Older, but funny and I don't know if it has been discussed:

Former Texans football star Mario Williams is at the center of a controversy that has shut down a local law enforcement academy. Effective immediately, Lone Star College is no longer allowed to conduct any new law enforcement training.

Our sources say it all started with allegations that Williams graduated without completing the required course work.

Williams is well on his way to becoming a law enforcement officer in Texas. He has the diploma to prove it.

But right now, state regulators are investigating if Lone Star College gave him special treatment to help him get that degree.

With six months of hard work finally paying off, a recent cadet class at the Lone Star Law Enforcement Academy was all smiles at last week's graduation ceremony. But this class is missing a very famous face -- former Texan and No. 1 overall draft pick Mario Williams.

Williams graduated early. He managed to complete the 660 hour course in just four months, nearly two months ahead of his classmates. He made an Instagram post on May 18 showing him at a Montgomery County Constable's Office and wrote, "Sworn in."

"How was he able to get through the program faster?" we asked academy instructor Larry Stewart.

"They made a schedule that he would do at night and weekends. That allowed him to do it a little faster than others," Stewart said.

In a recent radio interview, Williams was asked the same question.

"It's supposed to be six months, I actually did it in a condensed timeframe. I couldn't say an exact, day to day, but it was a four-month period I think. It was from the very beginning of the year. Man it was study after study, test after test. It was a load," he said.

Williams instructors told us at last week's graduation that the football star tackled the work like a pro.

"Was he there everyday in the classroom with everybody?" we asked Stewart.

"He was in the class there everyday," Stewart said.

"He did the full 660 hours of classroom instruction?" we asked.

"Yes. Yes," he said.

"What was it like spending 660 hours of classroom time with Mario Williams?" we asked class valedictorian Brad Hoover said.

"The first day, when he walked in, he could barely fit through the door. So that was intimidating," Hoover said.

squicken

So Randall Cobb is having some issues with drops, but

For Randall Cobb, regarded by many as an up-and-coming star, too many balls are being dropped. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel counted 10 last season. Per the Journal Sentinel, Cobb already has dropped four passes in “competitive drills” during camp, including three in the last two days.

On Wednesday, Cobb dropped one during one-on-one drills with a defensive back. On Thursday, he did it again. Later, he dropped a pass on a seam route from Aaron Rodgers, prompting a fan to call out, “Alligator arms!”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/drops-could-become-an-issue-for-randall-cobb/

That's some bullshit right there. Fans shouldn't be going to an open practice and heckling their own players

anytime you can go into a season trying to protect your 2nd year QB by playing musical chairs at left tackle, you gotta do it

we're so fucked
Has anyone taken a first team snap at LT other than Martin? I don't know where this musical chairs thing is coming from, as of right now he's the guy.

Semi-related:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...deals-with-groin-while-dolphins-get-work.html

"I think it's been going pretty well," Martin said. "You have some good days and some bad days out there. My goal is to try to be consistent against a talented D-line ... It's been challenging but I like it. I like going against the best."

Martin said his biggest focus is improving his hand placement and balance. On the bright side for Martin, a day after rookie Dion Jordan beat him twice for sacks, Martin got the better of the rookie Thursday. Jordan did not collect a sack against Martin.

minx

Going up to Milwaukee and Wisconsin Dells area this weekend. Can any dirty cheese heads recommend good bars or must eat places?

The 3 legit rings the Pats have are the halo above Tebow's head, the one Giselle bought Tammy, and the grease ring that Wilfork leaves after taking a bath.

:jnfc

Good to have you back, Godslay!

Lotta rhetoric coming from Steelers camp right now so i'm not going to post full updates but the one constant is that Le'veon Bell is a force. Linebackers can't keep up with him and he's so good out of the backfield that he 's running plays as the slot receiver with the first team. He also managed to handle Jarvis Jones twice in the Backs on Backers drill, though Jones did get the better of him twice as well.

As for Wide Receivers, i'm really hoping either Justin Brown or Derek Moye unseats Plaxico as the 5th receiver. Brown is 6'3" and Moye 6'5".

NFL Rewind auto-subbed for me. I went to the page and it looks like NFL.com has a Game Pass now for $200? $269 for the entire season including playoffs and the Super Bowl to watch the games live. Or you can choose your team and pay $169.99 for a team specific package (which is shit value).

You can break it down to monthly payments, too. Don't know if that was known or posted but it's the first time seeing it for me.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages (make sure its set for US at the top right)

NFL Rewind auto-subbed for me. I went to the page and it looks like NFL.com has a Game Pass now for $200? $269 for the entire season including playoffs and the Super Bowl to watch the games live. Or you can choose your team and pay $169.99 for a team specific package (which is shit value).

You can break it down to monthly payments, too. Don't know if that was known or posted but it's the first time seeing it for me.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages (make sure its set for US at the top right)

That's less than cable. Hmm....

All I see is Audio Pass and Game Rewind...

"NFL Game Pass is not available in the United States and Mexico,* but you can still get unlimited access to NFL games:"

What am I missing?

ChanHuk

Banned
Good morning mongrels, showed up to work and found out our parent company is filing for Chapter 11, good thing I got that job at the hospital.

That's less than cable. Hmm....
It includes Rewind, NFL Network and Red Zone, coaches film and all of the offseason stuff like Rewind.

They recently charged me for my NFL Rewind sub as I mentioned so I emailed them today to either refund that to me or move it over to the first months payment for the full $69.99 monthly payment for the $269.99 package.

Easy money to spend for me.

All I see is Audio Pass and Game Rewind...

"NFL Game Pass is not available in the United States and Mexico,* but you can still get unlimited access to NFL games:"

What am I missing?
Might be a cookie issue in your browser or something. Clean out your history and cookies. It comes right up for me in US prices.

It includes Rewind, NFL Network and Red Zone, coaches film and all of the offseason stuff like Rewind.

They recently charged me for my NFL Rewind sub as I mentioned so I emailed them today to either refund that to me or move it over to the first months payment for the full $69.99 monthly payment for the $269.99 package.

Easy money to spend for me.

Sold. I'll cancel my cable today if this is all true. This will cost me much less over the year. Great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom