• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a cookie issue in your browser or something. Clean out your history and cookies. It comes right up for me in US prices.
Cleaned everything and I'm still not seeing it. I see this:

NFLrewind.png

It sounds like a great deal if I can figure out how to make it work. I'd cancel cable in a heartbeat since the only thing I care about watching is football.

Also found this:

NFL Game Pass is only available to users located outside the United States, Mexico, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) (collectively, the "Game Pass Excluded Territories"). You are not authorized to use NFL Game Pass if you are located in any of the NFL Game Pass Excluded Territories.

Brinbe

Really hope they just cut Cooper loose today. Doesn't nearly have the talent to warrant the baggage he'll carry all year and Friday afternoon is the perfect time to do something like this.

Start fresh next week.

Cleaned everything and I'm still not seeing it. I see this:

It sounds like a great deal if I can figure out how to make it work. I'd cancel cable in a heartbeat since the only thing I care about watching is football.

Also found this:
This is what I see:

ibd5YBTtt3SFmg.jpg

Oddly enough I have the same disclaimer at the bottom of the screen which is odd as it lets me sign up (though I haven't). Maybe you have to be logged in to see it?

Either way, I emailed their support department about Game Pass in the US. As soon as I get an answer from them, I will give you all a heads up. Maybe too good to be true.:(

Has anyone taken a first team snap at LT other than Martin? I don't know where this musical chairs thing is coming from, as of right now he's the guy.

Semi-related:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...deals-with-groin-while-dolphins-get-work.html

I thought I read on twitter earlier that they were trying other people out there and rotating the line around but I might have read a different position or a different unit

Still, this isn't anything to be optimistic about

I think their site is messed up if you are seeing that. Gamepass isn't available in the US

edit: The reason their is a $ symbol is b/c it is available in Canada, which I didn't know. Nice for them

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages
Could be, yeah. An extremely poor layout if that's the case though. I mean as a subscriber they have my location information, etc. Why even give me that option?

I'll wait to see what support says but it looks like you may be right. Sorry guys.:( (Deacon in particular)

I think Future is a Euro in disguise...
A Cuban in Europe. That would be interesting.

Pennsyltucky does feel rather foreign at times.;)

squicken

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/55566092

Preseason report on the Steelers

Stretching the Run. The Steelers run the ball a lot during their 11-on-11 drills. It can get monotonous to the fans on the bleachers and hillsides of St. Vincent's College -- though being Steelers fans, they are as excited about defensive stuffs as they are about Ben Roethlisberger bombs. Look carefully, however, and you can tell that the running plays themselves have changed. Linemen open their stances and move laterally, stretching the defense. Running backs start to the outside search for cutback lanes. The Steelers are practicing the outside zone stretch running play, over and over, from a bunch of different formations.

And one of the Bears GM

3. Having no fear of the unknown.

The sabermetric movement in baseball brought the concept of replacement level to sports, and it permanently changed the ways that we value players, both as fans and (amateur or professional) analysts. Teams who found a first baseman with a little bit of power or a sound reliever from Triple-A had a tangible reason to realize that they could move on from those players and find a new one without having to pay a premium, because supply was so plentiful and replacement level was so high. It's what led the Red Sox under Epstein to move on from the useful-if-replaceable Brian Daubach and go reaching into the free-agent market for a non-tendered first basemen who had failed to impress in his last stop, David Ortiz.

Bad organizations are terrified of the unknown and make moves to ensure that they'll never have to end up shopping in those circles, even if they found that talent there in the first place. They give that running back they plucked off the waiver wire and put behind their great offensive line a big new contract, even though there are dozens of running backs just waiting for a similar opportunity available for the minimum. They re-sign players to deals above market value because they're afraid of some near-zero possibility that they're the only team left with money to spend and there's nobody left to spend it on. (Hi, kicker contracts!) In doing so and ensuring that they won't end up with a total mess at a position, they're forced to pay a premium for an often-inferior talent. They also forgo the opportunity of finding a bargain, a player who will outperform his salary and allow the organization to spend more on a player who they truly can't replace.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9531195/bill-barnwell-phil-emery-general-manager-philosophy

I thought I read on twitter earlier that they were trying other people out there and rotating the line around but I might have read a different position or a different unit

Still, this isn't anything to be optimistic about
I'm not optimistic about it, LT is clearly the weak point of the entire team right now. That said, Ireland and Philbin clearly have a plan that includes Martin as the starting LT and it's been that way for awhile. The experimentation with the o-line was caused by John Jerry's injury early in camp but it looks like they've settled on Josh Samuda at RG and Incognito/Pouncey staying put. Plenty of time for that to change though, especially with five preseason games.

I'll wait to see what support says but it looks like you may be right. Sorry guys.:( (Deacon in particular)
Not your fault man, NFL.com gon' NFL.com. I hope Gamepass works out for you though, that'd be cool.

I think Future is a Euro in disguise...

I KNEW IT! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Also, I had a complementary GamePass last season, and that shit is awesome. Works perfectly on my laptop and phone. Only problem was that there was a small delay, so I would read something on GAF before it happened on my screen.

Also BILLS NEWS!

@salmaiorana said:
Here we go: WR Stevie Johnson went down grabbing his left hamstring. And be needed to be helped off the field. In Pain

Hope it's nothing serious. Love to watch Stevie play, even though he's a douchebag and a Bill.

squicken

XBOX keeps getting bumped up, Sony bumped down. I've gone from thinking I'd never get an XB1 to thinking I may take a wait and see. Of course the whole reduction in VRAM/RAM on the consoles now alleviates any fear I had about the GTX780. Look forward to seeing the progress

Spades

XBOX keeps getting bumped up, Sony bumped down. I've gone from thinking I'd never get an XB1 to thinking I may take a wait and see. Of course the whole reduction in VRAM/RAM on the consoles now alleviates any fear I had about the GTX780. Look forward to seeing the progress

I'm getting Xbox One on launch. Not sure about PS4 yet - maybe early 2014.

PS4 for me at launch. Xbox One maybe. Depends on how the finances look. If not at launch, then by March of next year.

It's only a matter of time before they all end up in my entertainment center. I just wish Kinect would die in a fire.

brentech

Speaking of NFL packages, did anyone use NFL GameRewind last season?
Is the video quality good? Stream snappy?

At just $70, I'll probably snatch that up if it's not shit.

I still have a PS4 preordered on Amazon but the finances aren't looking great at the moment and we should be having our baby sometime very close to the launch date. So... we'll see what happens. All those AmEx reward points I had disappeared pretty quickly once we started buying baby furniture. :p

Speaking of NFL packages, did anyone use NFL GameRewind last season?
Is the video quality good? Stream snappy?

At just $70, I'll probably snatch that up if it's not shit.
Used it the entire season, yeah. It's great! The app and video quality is excellent and having access to the archive of games is a nice bonus.

Never got a 360 so I won't be getting XBone. I'll probably get a PS4 but well down the line when it's built a mass of games I like.

edit: I wish I never talked about getting a printer. Now all ads on all sites I visit are showing me printers. I already bought one!

Godslay

Banned
It's great. The only negative is that there's no HD coaches tape. Most of the time that doesn't matter, but occasionally it does

That and you can't watch the games until 24 hours after they are over. I wish they would reduce that time, but I understand why they have it set that way.

I wish they would dump DirectTV and go with live streaming that doesn't require you to deal with a third party. It's a huge cash cow waiting to happen, but DTV is in the way with their deal.

Fantomex

I don't know how you guys be planning on getting PS4s and Xboxes when theirs Soundwaves, Prowls, and Wheeljacks to purchase. Some of you need to get your priorities straight.

Takara-Tomy-Transformers-Masterpiece-Soundwave-Laserbeak-Rumble-Ravage-Frenzy-and-Buzzsaw-Image__scaled_600.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Absolutely.

Yeah, the Madden deal this year softened the blow, but why should we have to jump through that hoop?

Just market/make it available through the NFL itself, and make it affordable for the average person $99.99 for base tier of just games (higher tiers would add rewind/coaches tape etc). I think they would have a winner. Also add apps for Android/ios/xbox/ps. I think that is not too much to ask.

LJ11

Never got a 360 so I won't be getting XBone. I'll probably get a PS4 but well down the line when it's built a mass of games I like.

edit: I wish I never talked about getting a printer. Now all ads on all sites I visit are showing me printers. I already bought one!

I fucking hate this shit on mobile platforms, harder to ad block.

Hey squicken what do you know about Greg Salas? The local media is saying he has really stepped up with Maclin out and he will make the team now.

I'm getting Xbox One on launch. Not sure about PS4 yet - maybe early 2014.

XB1 already pre-ordered.

PS4 on a wait and see.

For me it's the games and right now the XB1 games (Titanfall, Project Spark, DR3, Halo 5) fit what my sons and I play better than what PS4 has lined up.

However, like Uncharted and TLoU I suspect that PS4 will have some exclusives that draw me to it at some point.

MechDX

Hey look Ben Tate hurt is groin again....he is never getting out of Kubiaks doghouse.

Almost bet they cut him outright at this point.

squicken

Hey squicken what do you know about Greg Salas? The local media is saying he has really stepped up with Maclin out and he will make the team now.

He looked to be emerging in 2011. In OTAs in 2012, Fisher and the staff were so excited by how good he looked that they were thinking of getting him in the slot and Danny outside. Then for some reason he put on weight over the summer, there were some issues that no one has ever disclosed b/c STL has crap media, and he got cut in camp

But his upside isn't Maclin. It's Brandon Gibson. He's probably better than Riley Cooper, which may be what's important

Thanks for the reply. I just heard about the refs telling the Eagles and Pats that they cant run plays so fast this year. Lol at coaches who complained about that.

jbug617

Banned
@caplannfl Eagles announced: WR Riley Cooper has been excused from all team activities as he seeks counseling for his recent actions.

He is done in Philly.

They don't make you prove it, just make up any excuse. Not sure about the PS3 tho, do they have a Sunday Ticket App or something?

they do but I think you have to have direct tv but i'm not sure about it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The tablet/PC code from Directv should work with the PS3 app, it did last year anyway.

And yeah Directv won't actually be checking to see if you can get the service or not.

No more ST on PS3. Only way to use it online is via tablet or PC

When did they say this?

Godslay

Banned
Can I stream Sunday ticket on ps3? Will that amazon deal let me redeem even if I technically CAN get DTV but don't?

I thought Sunday ticket on PS3 is no longer available?

If you don't have DTV, the Amazon deal is still good for streaming through PC and Tablets/Mobile. That is directly the word of the EA rep for Madden on twitter. It will work without a sub to DTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom