• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

I thought Sunday ticket on PS3 is no longer available?

If you don't have DTV, the Amazon deal is still good for streaming through PC and Tablets/Mobile. That is directly the word of the EA rep for Madden on twitter. It will work without a sub to DTV.

Yeah, it seems like it will work and I'm planning on it. But I still won't be shocked if that rug gets pulled out from under me.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I don't know how you guys be planning on getting PS4s and Xboxes when theirs Soundwaves, Prowls, and Wheeljacks to purchase. Some of you need to get your priorities straight.

Takara-Tomy-Transformers-Masterpiece-Soundwave-Laserbeak-Rumble-Ravage-Frenzy-and-Buzzsaw-Image__scaled_600.jpg
!

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

bionic77

Fuck the NFL and their exclusive deals.

Let other companies make football games so EA is forced to try and instead of being dickless assholes how about putting the NFL on every device and make it as easy as possible to watch?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news-updates-gameplay/article/anniversary-edition

The NFL has an exclusive deal with MS for Surface (lol) and XBOX, so no more Sony

Doesn't seem like a clear statement at all. That deal doesn't have anything to do with Directv or Sunday Ticket. If MS had the rights to Sunday Ticket they would have already said it by now.

via Amazon
Can I watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3 by purchasing the Anniversary Edition?
No, this only provides access to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

Every year with Max they said the logins only work with Tablet and PC devices but they inevitably still end up working fine on the PS3.

squicken

Fuck the NFL and their exclusive deals.

Let other companies make football games so EA is forced to try and instead of being dickless assholes how about putting the NFL on every device and make it as easy as possible to watch?

This is the last year of DirecTV's ST deal, at which point all the networks can roll out their streaming of games not shown in local markets. No details yet, but DirecTV has said that there's very little value in continuing their deal with the NFL since they will lose their exclusivity

edit: bros the PS3 thing is dead. You are about to get comically overloaded with Surface stuff in 2014. Coaches will no longer have lamenated play sheets. Surface. No more binders of stills for teams to look at on the sidelines. Surface. No officials under the replay hood. Surface

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m
Bills WR Stevie Johnson pulled up on a route during a red zone drill two hours into practice with a hamstring injury. On it goes.Expand

Hamstrings be poppin

Yo NFLGAF
In August 12, I am moving out of my parent's house to go my college in New York. I will live on campus site (dorm for two years). I will probably have free small TV there but I want to know if there's any good deal for me to just watch any Seahawks games without need a cable to watch it?

Sunday Tickets are only on "Directv" but I heard that people don't like "Directv"?

Going to NYU aren't you?

bionic77

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/action-f...sformers-masterpiece-soundwave-a4348-19038126

Just $119.99!

Note that it comes with all the cassette figures as well as Soundwave and they all should be primarily made of die-cast metal like the old toys, at least if its like the other Masterpiece figures.
Thanks broseph!

I am going to order the fuck out of that shit tonight.

Also NYU is the best. Incredibly overpriced but the best place on earth to go to college (if you are rich and you much be if you go there!).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yo NFLGAF
In August 12, I am moving out of my parent's house to go my college in New York. I will live on campus site (dorm for two years). I will probably have free small TV there but I want to know if there's any good deal for me to just watch any Seahawks games without need a cable to watch it?

Sunday Tickets are only on "Directv" but I heard that people don't like "Directv"?

Sounds like you should check out Carlow East (if you're too cheap to pay for Sunday Ticket).

squicken

NFL officials are touring camps and were in STL yesterday to explain the new rules.

So that whole Trent Truck rule, the NFL only found five plays all of last year that would have been flagged for that

nateeasy

Banned

Not excusing his actions but it seems like hes getting more heat than a lot of NFLers who have done a lot worse.

Just off the top of my head.

Leonard Little, Josh Brent and Donte Stallworth all killed people while driving drunk.

The dude made a mistake and he apologized. Do we have to end his NFL career?

Stevie Johnson had a Hamstring injury today:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/stevie-johnson-hurts-hamstring-at-bills-practice/

Apparently has an MRI coming to determine the severity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Giants camp, they'll finally be in full pads today. The coaching staff has talked a bit about the secondary today:

- Some changes coming schematically to the secondary. Corey Webster will no longer always be assigned to the opposing teams #1 receiver as has been the case for the past 3 years. Prince Amukamara will see his fair share of action against #1's. None too surprising considering Websters performance last season.

- Coach Dave Merritt says that Stevie Brown is showing more range at camp. The plans is to have him play in the box more this season while having Antrel Rolle move back to the free safety position role Kenny Phillips use to play. Rolle has been wanting to move back to his natural safety role for the past two seasons but has been forced into the nickel cornerback role due to a lack of depth at the position.

Nickel corner will likely end up being either Aaron Ross or Jayron Hosely.

I'm not too high on Rolle moving to the backfield. He is generally poor in making the right reads back there and I've seen him take more bad angles than I ever want to see. Hopefully we'll see Stevie mixed in deep throughout the season.

Mike Florio equating Hernandez and Cooper is pretty much the greatest thing written today.
Agreed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-nfl-career-may-not-last-much-longer/related/

The Sports Bad Behavior Double Standard, which gives good players a second chance and makes an example out of scrubs, has its limits. We saw it in June with Aaron Hernandez. And we’re seeing it in August, potentially, with Hernandez’s college teammate, Riley Cooper.
He did something very dumb but my goodness...

Fantomex

Thanks broseph!

I am going to order the fuck out of that shit tonight.

Also NYU is the best. Incredibly overpriced but the best place on earth to go to college (if you are rich and you much be if you go there!).

Order it now, It might sell out in 30 minutes, i kid you not dude.

Striker

Not excusing his actions but it seems like hes getting more heat than a lot of NFLers who have done a lot worse.

Leonard Little, Josh Brent and Donte Stallworth all killed people while driving drunk.

Desean Jackson story must've been forgotten.

If they feel he'll be a distraction, cut him and move on. But this is the same team who has Mike Vick at QB.

Brinbe

They excused Cooper? What the fuck, just release him, FFS. Now it'll linger until he gets back. Just not worth all this trouble and attention at all.

Godslay

Banned

Racism is a weird beast.

When do people remove that tag from him? If he is getting help, and making an honest effort to change, does it ever get removed? People can and do make efforts to change, but I think it's crazy if people don't forgive him and move on, especially if he's trying. I don't give a shit how he's caught, or even if that he was caught, the action to change is more important imo.

I don't think a lot of people think this way, and I'm sure the racist tag will follow him around for the rest of his time in the spotlight. It's too bad that we don't give people a way out of being a racist, if they want to.

brentech

Being a white receiver, I'm sure he's heard his fair share directed at him. Again, doesn't make it right, but these are largely grown as men. Talk it over and move the fuck on.

Racism is a weird beast.

When do people remove that tag from him? If he is getting help, and making an honest effort to change, does it ever get removed? People can and do make efforts to change, but I think it's crazy if people don't forgive him and move on, especially if he's trying. I don't give a shit how he's caught, or even if that he was caught, the action to change is more important imo.

I don't think a lot of people think this way, and I'm sure the racist tag will follow him around for the rest of his time in the spotlight. It's too bad that we don't give people a way out of being a racist, if they want to.

No because if there is one thing that lingers in this country its racism.

Fantomex

Damn just sold out at Toys R Us. But they usually restock in a couple of days. I already got mine, but if any of you want, I can post a Soundwave Alert on here when they go back on sale.

I agree, but in all honesty it's not really fair. People have to be able to redeem themselves, atone for sins, whatever you want to label it.
Society in general is very opposed to the idea of forgiveness. It's extremely apparent here on GAF as well, go into any off-topic thread where a person did something the majority disagrees with and they will throw labels at them essentially condemning them for life.

For a lot of people there is no such thing as redemption, forgiveness, or second chances, which to me is a pretty sad view of the world.

Eh, if your boss found out about you hatefully using a racial slur, how would he/she react? Assuming your boss isn't Eznark.

I agree about that players have done worse and come back from it. Cooper will come back from this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom