• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentech

Society in general is very opposed to the idea of forgiveness. It's extremely apparent here on GAF as well, go into any off-topic thread where a person did something the majority disagrees with and they will throw labels at them essentially condemning them for life.

For a lot of people there is no such thing as redemption, forgiveness, or second chances, which to me is a pretty sad view of the world.
I think you're spot on about GAF......and completely off the mark about society.

Society is always looking for the next redemption story. BUT there is always small corners/groups of people that will despise someone for whatever it is they did. No matter how big or small.

manfestival

I am so beyond broke right now. I want to buy video games . Maybe the bucs will one day pour their blessings on me and give me a ton of money for no raisin

BigAT

Eh, if your boss found out about you hatefully using a racial slur, how would he/she react? Assuming your boss isn't Eznark.

I agree about that players have done worse and come back from it. Cooper will come back from this too.

How would your boss react if you committed a double homicide? You probably wouldn't be welcomed back, then given an MVP award just a year later.

This is the NFL, real world standards have no business here.

Godslay

Banned
I think you're spot on about GAF......and completely off the mark about society.

Society is always looking for the next redemption story. BUT there is always small corners/groups of people that will despise someone for whatever it is they did. No matter how big or small.

Agreed on both points. Racism seems to be an edge case where it's very hard to be redeemed, regardless of the effort. It will be interesting to see what pans out in this case.

Cullen Jenkins (former teammate of Cooper on the Eagles) comments:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giant..._forgive_eXBuD0QW1nRMjDiiP6VwHN#axzz2altTlBBL

“We’ve talked quite a bit, joked around a lot, we were friends there, thought he was always real cool with me,’’ Jenkins said Friday before practice at Giants training camp.

Riley is at the center of a raging controversy ever since a video surfaced of him angrily shouting a racial epithet – using the “N’ word to describe African Americans - at a Kenny Chesney concert. The incident caused reverberations within the Eagles locker room and on Friday the Eagles announced Cooper is seeking counseling and “”We have excused him from all team activities. This is all new territory and we are going to evaluate this timetable every step of the way. He will meet with professionals provided by the Eagles during this period of time to better help him understand how his words have hurt so many, including his teammates.’’

As a former teammate, Jenkins said he could forgive Cooper.

“He made some unfortunate comments, I know he wishes he could have ‘em back but everybody makes mistakes,’’ Jenkins said. “We were friends, we’d still be friends after it, he made an unfortunate mistake, he’s apologizing about it and you move on.’’

Jenkins was asked if the fallout could divide the Eagles.

“Depends on the mindset of the team,’’ said Jenkins, who signed in the off-season with the Giants. “If you have guys understand that it was just a mistake or it was just something that was unfortunate you can get past it pretty easy. But if you turn it into a problem, especially with the media they will keep it going if you give ‘em something to keep on.’’

How would your boss react if you committed a double homicide? You probably wouldn't be welcomed back, then given an MVP award just a year later.

Good point. I honestly don't care about the story. Let him play I say. He'll be given his punishment on the field.

You're right. I think spending too much time on GAF has started to warp my idea of what society in general is, haha.

I know we're not talking about Ray Lewis here, right? Because that dude committed no homicides.

Fantomex

do you take it out the box?

I personally did. You kinda have to because all of Soundwaves minions come in cassette form. So if you want them in panther, robot or vulture mode you have to open the box and transform them. The box is hella sexy as well finally, something that wasn't the case in the past.

Masterpiece-Soundwave-03_1370962475.jpg

After I took him out, they all look like this.

9387912246_37f857861e_b.jpg

Spades

My weekend has officially started!

What should I play before my Halo 4 co-op marathon tonight?

Pikmin 3? Game & Wario? Super Luigi?

I might even go live on Twitch if anyone is interested in mocking.

Milchjon

Society in general is very opposed to the idea of forgiveness. It's extremely apparent here on GAF as well, go into any off-topic thread where a person did something the majority disagrees with and they will throw labels at them essentially condemning them for life.

For a lot of people there is no such thing as redemption, forgiveness, or second chances, which to me is a pretty sad view of the world.

GAF is really weird when it comes to forgiveness vs. retribution, and I hope it isn't indicative of the attitude of American society at large.

Bowser

I personally did. You kinda have to because all of Soundwaves minions come in cassette form. So if you want them in panther, robot or vulture mode you have to open the box and transform them. The box is hella sexy as well finally, something that wasn't the case in the past.

After I took him out, they all look like this.

[IM]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7392/9387912246_37f857861e_b.jpg[/IMG]

OMFG

BigAT

If anyone wants something in the preseason ot, you have about 24 hours for suggestions.

I feel like there has been a real failure in the last few OTs to remind people just how impressive it is that Josh manages to get on the football field in spite of his morbid obesity. Rectify that.

The Cowboys are simply not good enough to be in the playoffs, but the Dolphins are so shitty that they'd rather let the scrubs play then have the starters get messed up by playing a lower level of competition.

The Cowboys have been a bigger joke in the last 5 years than the Dolphins have

And the Mavs will be a bigger joke for the next decade

Enjoy!

meanwhile in Miami they're having the worst throwing practice ever apparently

squicken

The "Chip Kelly Rule" is just that offenses have to wait for all the officials to be in their assigned spots before they snap the ball (except at end of a half). It's a point of emphasis, as is offensive players grabbing defensive players' facemasks

Kurita

Hi guys.
Guess I'll finally follow the NFL OT this season (well, I'll try). Will be fun to see GAF's reactions during the year.

Spades

Skype-logo-150x150.jpg
NFL-Logo-blue1-150x150.jpg
2013-NFL-PRESEASON-150x150.jpg

Guys, I created a new Skype account to set up the NFL-GAF group chat - mostly for live chat during games (starting with the HoF game this weekend)!

GET IN HERE.

Add this account: SpadesGAF on Skype and I'll add you to the group!

Abusive text guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom