• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

You should see the comments on ESPN's NFCW blog. It can be an article about Arizona's backup punter, and it's just comment after comment of the same stuff here. Is CLE/CIN a rivalry? Pretty sure Browns fans would hate the Ravens above all others
Going to add a disclaimer here: Never read comments of any sort on ESPN's website.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
this is also assuming you think there were no other or are no other cheaters on the seahawks. we already know there are. we know bruce irvin cheated and more than likely he was cheating last year. we know richard sherman cheated and was let off on a technicality. we know there are other seahawks who have cheated.
"we know" as in "Based Tebow, please let there be more please please please"

Irvin was a bit of a disappointment last year, but it was his rookie season so not that big of a deal. Your "technicality" is also "not having usable evidence". Keep hoping, though.

of course seachickens fans will have a defensive tone. who wants to have the legitimacy of wins called into question like the patriots? but facts are facts: the seahawks are cheaters and nothing can change that until all the bad apples, INCLUDING YOUR ENTIRE COACHING STAFF, are off the team!
qq more

It's like Youtube. I know I shouldn't but feel compelled to look at least the first few to see how much closer we are to the end times

Sometimes it's funny.

Pack fan on Viking article: Vikes did good job on draft! Should be excited for rookies!

Viking fan: fuck you fat ass cheese nugget bitch fudge packers suck!

Random: Tebow should start! Jesus is our savior.

Bears fan: Da Bears

"we know" as in "Based Tebow, please let there be more please please please"

Irvin was a bit of a disappointment last year, but it was his rookie season so not that big of a deal. Your "technicality" is also "not having usable evidence". Keep hoping, though.

qq more

sad that seachickens fans have to turn a blind eye to the systematic PED usage that cheatin' pete has instilled within each and every player. it's ok brother. your PED usage is similar to the singletary era for us. you are obviously ashamed by it but because it's your team you kind of still have to support them. but trust me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. someday, you will find your harbs. some day!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
sad that seachickens fans have to turn a blind eye to the systematic PED usage that cheatin' pete has instilled within each and every player. it's ok brother. your PED usage is similar to the singletary era for us. you are obviously ashamed by it but because it's your team you kind of still have to support them. but trust me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. someday, you will find your harbs. some day!
And when the 49ers barely manage to make 3rd in the NFC West you can still cling to your moral superiority.

And when the 49ers barely manage to make 3rd in the NFC West you can still cling to your moral superiority.

the 5 stages of seachickens grief:

1. Denial & Isolation - "Dude opened the door for that conversation when he started talking about a team that he isn't in the locker room with. Shouldn't be at all surprising that people respond to that." (cdy)
2. Anger - "Here's an idea for Harbaugh: Don't talk shit and people won't talk shit back? You have to be deaf and mentally challenged to not understand that he was clearly talking about a specific team (you know, since that was what the question was). Don't start no shit, won't be no shit." (cdy)
3. Bargaining - "I'm ashamed to share a division with such soft fans." (cdy)
4. Depression - ":(" (cdy)
5. Acceptance - ?

we are making some real progress here in just one evening guys! most of the heavy lifting has been done by cdy, will you accept the seahawks as a team of cheaters hito? i can't force you to do it, none of us can. i just want what is best for you and the other seahawks fans here. then the healing can begin!

Oozer3993

You should see the comments on ESPN's NFCW blog. It can be an article about Arizona's backup punter, and it's just comment after comment of the same stuff here. Is CLE/CIN a rivalry? Pretty sure Browns fans would hate the Ravens above all others

All our hate goes towards the Ravens and Steelers. The Bengals are our cute little brother. We just find them adorable. Bengals fans seem to take it decently seriously though. When I was at the University of Dayton I'd catch some trash talk every once in awhile from a Bengals fan and every year when Cincinnati plays in Cleveland I inevitably see a couple cars on the highway adorned with Bengals gear and from counties in southwest OH.

On a quasi-related note, I have a ticket on the field for Taylor's concert at Heinz Field. I plan on cracking a "this is the exact spot where Troy Polamalu's career died" joke at least once.

Hunter S.

It is a shame Chan and his team have such small balls and brains that getting any trash talk in the AFC West is hopeless.

No offense intended, but these Oakland Raiders feel like an expansion team. Get this: The Raiders likely will have 14 new starters -- out of 22 -- when they play the Colts in Week 1.
Via NFL power rankings having them last.

ChanHuk

Banned
I was gonna just catalogue them and then give them back. I couldn't take a risk of you getting drunk like you normally do and then have those items go to waste.

As they say, never trust a Messican.

Cambodia Town was on Bizarre Foods. You should go and experience some Cambodian food.

squicken

It is a shame Chan and his team have such small balls and brains that getting any trash talk in the AFC West is hopeless.

That's a good thing. Bad teams should turn over as much of their roster as they can. Problem for OAK is the QB situation (nothing they could do) and the coaching. Maybe changing the OC will solve things but idk. Wasn't too impressed with Allen. But yeah, another year for Manning and Brady to play in awful divisions

ChanHuk

Banned

59_14.gif

UZw4zjh.jpg

Fantomex

As they say, never trust a Messican.

Cambodia Town was on Bizarre Foods. You should go and experience some Cambodian food.

Nothing good ever comes from Cambodia. Except this one dish I saw once that had noodles, and had a really thick broth/stew on TV.

ChanHuk

Banned
That's a good thing. Bad teams should turn over as much of their roster as they can. Problem for OAK is the QB situation (nothing they could do) and the coaching. Maybe changing the OC will solve things but idk. Wasn't too impressed with Allen. But yeah, another year for Manning and Brady to play in awful divisions

Says the guy with Sam Bradford as his QB, who you gonna squicken to next? You'd fit in well with the Pats you unapologetic degenerate.

Hunter S.

Apparently, that is what the Colts did to turn things around other than getting Luck. Hard to think a new OC will succeed if Davis fires them as quickly as his dad.

It seems like all the AFC divisions have only one really good team now. Excluding the AFC South.

I

ChanHuk

Banned
Wow, I totally forgot about that game. It's almost tragic how close the Raiders were to being a really good team in 2010 and 2011 considering how incompetently they were being run.

No not really, the Raiders were mediocre in a subpar division in 2010-2011. All 4 teams were ran by horrible front offices until just recent.

Colasante

No not really, the Raiders were mediocre in a subpar division in 2010-2011. All 4 teams were ran by horrible front offices until just recent.

Maybe I was overvaluing them from the perspective of a Patriots fan then. I remember hoping the Raiders' 1st round pick the Patriots had in the 2011 draft would be in the top 5, and the damn Raiders had to go and have an 8-8 season and give them the #17 pick.

We're not as bad as people think, that's not to say we're gonna be good. But 8-8 will be within reach and we definitely upgraded players and coaching staff over what we had last year. A lot depends on HoFlynn playing decent and not turning the ball over, but our defense will be solid and we will be able to run the ball.

ChanHuk

Banned
Maybe I was overvaluing them from the perspective of a Patriots fan then. I remember hoping the Raiders' 1st round pick the Patriots had in the 2011 draft would be in the top 5, and the damn Raiders had to go and have an 8-8 season and give them the #17 pick.

Seymour was/is a bum. But if we're quite honest with each other. He's a hero to all the true gentlemen for his one act:

uC1O0.gif

cdyhybrid

the 5 stages of seachickens grief:

1. Denial & Isolation - "Dude opened the door for that conversation when he started talking about a team that he isn't in the locker room with. Shouldn't be at all surprising that people respond to that." (cdy)
2. Anger - "Here's an idea for Harbaugh: Don't talk shit and people won't talk shit back? You have to be deaf and mentally challenged to not understand that he was clearly talking about a specific team (you know, since that was what the question was). Don't start no shit, won't be no shit." (cdy)
3. Bargaining - "I'm ashamed to share a division with such soft fans." (cdy)
4. Depression - ":(" (cdy)
5. Acceptance - ?

we are making some real progress here in just one evening guys! most of the heavy lifting has been done by cdy, will you accept the seahawks as a team of cheaters hito? i can't force you to do it, none of us can. i just want what is best for you and the other seahawks fans here. then the healing can begin!

Which stage is the one where we embarrass our rivals on national TV and run them off the field after a quarter and a half, shaking their star QB's confidence and causing him to fail on the biggest stage in the game?

We also got Sparano coaching the line now and brought in Bobby April to run ST and Bob Sanders to work with the LBs. I'm not real big on Allen, but willing to give him another year. He really had shit to work with last year.

Seymour was/is a bum. But if we're quite honest with each other. He's a hero to all the true gentlemen for his one act:

uC1O0.gif

It was funny how they ejected Tommy Kelly for that instead of Seymour, and he was just like "whatever" and started walking off the field lol Tommy was awesome. Shame he's a damn dirty pat now.

Hunter S.

We're not as bad as people think, that's not to say we're gonna be good. But 8-8 will be within reach and we definitely upgraded players and coaching staff over what we had last year. A lot depends on HoFlynn playing decent and not turning the ball over, but our defense will be solid and we will be able to run the ball.

Hard to say about Flynn in terms of turning the ball over as he has never been the starter before. I look forward to competition, but when it comes to Broncos-Raiders games I would cry with happiness for another 37-6 type of victory.

ChanHuk

Banned
It was funny how they ejected Tommy Kelly for that instead of Seymour, and he was just like "whatever" and started walking off the field lol Tommy was awesome. Shame he's a damn dirty pat now.

I loved Kelly as a person but he was just as much of a bum as Seymour was. His interviews were even better than Dockett's.

Who knows computers? I'm in the market for a desktop, but not for gaming. It's for kids/family stuff, so low cost, but not cheap. I haven't bought a desktop in 15 years. Are all in ones a good way to go? I do like sleek looking shit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom