• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jags are apparently so frightening that it makes their fans pretend to be fans of other teams.

Gator's feeling pretty confident about that intimidating black and gold combo. Terrifying!

uPSyZgq.gif

jakncoke

Banned
hl7nBXJ.jpg

My new car. Honestly surprised I got because of my lack of credit history, got taken to the cleaner a lil bit but must need car and I basically couldnt wait and got turned down by several dealers already. 03 Camry XLE

MechDX

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/hl7nBXJ.jpg[/IMG]

My new car. Honestly surprised I got because of my lack of credit history, got taken to the cleaner a lil bit but must need car and I basically couldnt wait and got turned down by several dealers already. 03 Camry XLE

You got 17%-24% interest didn't you?

MechDX

I dont know probably. Going to cost over 10k grand in the end though.

Serious? Dude you should REALLY know what you are paying in interest. I asked because when my credit was shit I got 17, cleaned up a little and got 13% and now that my credit is cleaned and good I get pre-approved for 3-4%.

Nothing like walking on to a lot and telling the dealer what car you want and at what price because you finally have the upper hand.

jakncoke

Banned
Serious? Dude you should REALLY know what you are paying in interest. I asked because when my credit was shit I got 17, cleaned up a little and got 13% and now that my credit is cleaned and good I get pre-approved for 3-4%.

Nothing like walking on to a lot and telling the dealer what car you want and at what price because you finally have the upper hand.

Yeah well I had no choice, my car was literally on its last breaths of air and I had already been turned away by a slew of dealers. Sticker was 8k so, I guess 20%?

bionic77

Yeah well I had no choice, my car was literally on its last breaths of air and I had already been turned away by a slew of dealers. Sticker was 8k so, I guess 20%?
I don't think that they can sell you something like a car without someone telling you what the interest rate is and what the monthly payments are.

Godslay

Banned

Next time try to go through a credit union. You can usually get better interest rates through them. 20% is real high, but if you don't have a credit history you are kind of fucked unless you have the cash.

I don't think that they can sell you something like a car without someone telling you what the interest rate is and what the monthly payments are.

Yeah, but you know how that shit works. They just pump paperwork at you, saying, "Sign here, initial here." If you don't slow them down and at least read through, you can't blame it on them.

jakncoke

Banned

My monthly payments is 227 over 48. Was 191 but I got added a coverage that will pay the remaining balance if its totaled or I become disabled.

Next time try to go through a credit union. You can usually get better interest rates through them. 20% is real high, but if you don't have a credit history you are kind of fucked unless you have the cash.

I had only 1k budget for down payment and they got even 250 more out of me that going to put bills real tight upcoming. Dat OT here I come no lifing to get by #poor. I only had 1 thing on my credit history

tmdorsey

happy birthday man!

Thanks Greg! 37 today, yes I'm a part of elder gaf, but shit I've been posting and lurking here for over 10 years, so that has to count for something.

Don't sweat it bro. Yours was a natural birth that was the result of beautiful sexual intercourse between your two loving parents.

Tammy was sent from Hell as a demon spawn to spread evil and nothing about him, including his birth is natural.

Also you have a penis (assumption from me here).

Basically don't worry about it! Only weirdos and pervs celebrate Tammy's birthday and why should give a fuck what they think or do?

Thanks bionic, I can celebrate without worry now. Now, just need to get these fucking problems with this system fixed so I can stop working. :-/

MechDX

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to slam you. You got what I expected as I have been there myself but I had a generous down payment since the local electric company dropped a two ton transformer on my car.

Seriously though, always ask what your interest rate is.

Godslay

Banned
I had only 1k budget for down payment and they got even 250 more out of me that going to put bills real tight upcoming. Dat OT here I come no lifing to get by #poor. I only had 1 thing on my credit history

Well you might have to overpay in this case to build credit. Assuming that you don't have a penalty for early payoff, I would scrimp to pay it off as soon as possible. Then you have an improved credit history, as well as saving the interest that would have gone to what financial place you used. It might be tough in the short-term, but you'll be better off in the long-term.

jakncoke

Banned
Well you might have to overpay in this case to build credit. Assuming that you don't have a penalty for early payoff, I would scrimp to pay it off as soon as possible. Then you have an improved credit history, as well as saving the interest that would have gone to what financial place you used. It might be tough in the short-term, but you'll be better off in the long-term.

I plan on eating up all kinds of OT. Might delay my schooling, but I dont know if I had any other options.

you said what?

are you a south florida sports fan or are you a heat traitor

also get used to it; I'm also probably one of the more pessimistic heat fans in the nba thread too. and they're back to back champions lol

He probably didn't jump back on the bandwagon like you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom