• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...k-giants-alltime-underrated-overrated-players

NFL.com is doing some "All Time Overrated and Underrated" lists because lists are awesome, so this is the Giants one they've put out so far.

The video is even more whacky due to the guy talking about Tiki Barber being overrated in his career.

I can't see how Ron Dayne was overrated, everybody called him out on being a bust. I kinda see Tuck, but he played his best in the playoffs.

I'd go with Shockey.

Purple Drank getting another 3 million out of the Raiders:

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2013/0/

He had been paid $36.4 million and was still owed $3 million at the time of his release. The Raiders filed a grievance against Russell, seeking repayment of $9.55 million in salary advances, and Russell filed a grievance of his own, saying he was owed an additional $9 million.

The Raiders’ grievance was based on their contention that the contract was changed at one point during Russell’s time with the organization. But the two sides were set to go to court recently, when a source close to the situation said the Raiders and Russell decided to settle.

The Raiders declined comment. Russell’s new agent, Eugene Parker, was unavailable for comment.

Russell’s previous agent, Eric Metz, told Yahoo Sports in 2010 that “The money in question was fully guaranteed. That is why JaMarcus was forced to hold out and miss all of training camp as a rookie.”

EDIT: ...and slightly beaten.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2013/07/02/raiders-to-pay-jamarcus-russell-another-3-million/

Raiders will be cutting a check to Jamarcus for 3 million from a settlement stemming from his rookie contract.

Not gonna lie, it's not even my money but that stings like a mofo. I'd kinda like to burn his house down.

russell-smirking.jpg

Al Davis still cutting this dude checks from the grave

bionic77

Explain. Is this simply Ravens hate, or following the trend of past SB winners? Because, we've improved since last season. Our only real loss was Boldin, and we've improved everywhere else we lost players. We're better, and we just won the Superbowl....now I get it. You're scared.
Your team was hot garbage for most of the regular season and you got all the right matchups and the right guys caught fire and made big plays in the playoffs.

Every defense pretty falls off hard the year after a SB. The only way to make up for that drop off is to have an insane increase in offensive efficiency. I don't see it happening from Flacs now that he is fat on Pizza Hut money. He is a one trick pony and all your flaws get exposed the year after you win because teams study you a shit load more. It should take an average d coordinator about 10 seconds to figure your offense out.

I see you guys winning the first game and maybe going 2-1 before dropping off the face of the Earth.

bionic77

Come now dude, that did not work too well for the Steelers last year. You should recall.
I hope to follow the Ravens formula to a T this year. Be garbage for 17 weeks and sneak into the playoffs due to luck and a weak division. Then as a low seed our players will all transform into the best in the world as we win 4 straight as underdogs.

Steelers invented this strategy but we have been unable to replicate it since that time.

Hunter S.

I hope to follow the Ravens formula to a T this year. Be garbage for 17 weeks and sneak into the playoffs due to luck and a weak division. Then as a low seed our players will all transform into the best in the world as we win 4 straight as underdogs.

Steelers invented this strategy but we have been unable to replicate it since that time.
I have learned to forgive this strategy through Tebow's love. He breaks up bar fights and everything!

Theyre more legitimate than the 9ers super bowls of the last decade.

Oh wait they aint got any. Too busy getting shit on my old man Warner and Hasselbald.

wait let me get this straight, all joking aside. do you honestly consider any of the patriots superbowl "wins" legitimate? you can PM me the answer if you are too embarrassed to reply here

Talon

At least 30% of the posts of the OT threads have been razzing the Patriots.

I'm surprised the Gata sticks around.

wait let me get this straight, all joking aside. do you honestly consider any of the patriots superbowl "wins" legitimate? you can PM me the answer if you are too embarrassed to reply here

He just PMed me and admitted he knows they aren't legitimate but has some insecurity issues that make him put up this front

Until we get them taken away they are ours and I am proud of them. If the NFL ever takes them away I will disown the rings.

He just PMed me and admitted he knows they aren't legitimate but has some insecurity issues that make him put up this front

False. Only thing I PM are nudes.

Lunchbox

Banned
adorable that you think any of the patriots superbowl wins are legitimate. next you'll tell me aaron hernandez isn't a serial killer

were you even alive to see your team win anything?

its like after your birth niners were cursed and cant win anything. i would off myself if i was a curse on my team. but luckily i saw all my teams superbowl wins

bionic77

its like after your birth niners were cursed and cant win anything. i would off myself if i was a curse on my team. but luckily i saw all my teams superbowl wins
Fuck off. Joe's play against the Cowboys was the most iconic NFL moment until SB 43 when we got he catch 2.0 and Harrison's TAINT.

Pats wins were tainted and involved field goals.

i saw them all except the first! the best part is they were all legitimate.

furthermore, none of our superbowls were ever in doubt. joe/steve never needed to be bailed out by a FG kicker. they took what they wanted.

tom brady (and the patriots) admitted to cheating AND barely won these "games" (none of which actually count, and you realize that). brady has never and will never be a big game QB

i saw them all except the first! the best part is they were all legitimate.

furthermore, none of our superbowls were ever in doubt. joe/steve never needed to be bailed out by a FG kicker. they took what they wanted.

tom brady (and the patriots) admitted to cheating AND barely won these "games" (none of which actually count, and you realize that). brady has never and will never be a big game QB

whoever was alive to see the 9ers win their super bowls are now old as fuck and senile

and whoever was alive to see a legitimate patriots superbowl is a liar because no one has ever seen that

You should file a complaint with the NFL to have the Patriots rings taken away. In the meantime you should watch videos of Singletary dropping his pants and Kyle Williams fumbling the ball biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

You should file a complaint with the NFL to have the Patriots rings taken away. In the meantime you should watch videos of Singletary dropping his pants and Kyle Williams fumbling the ball biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch.

1. no complaint needs to be filed. everyone knows the pats cheated and i don't need the NFL to validate that for me nor does anyone else!

2. singletary beat the patriots in the superbowl

3. kyle williams is better than any WR on your roster

1. no complaint needs to be filed. everyone knows the pats cheated and i don't need the NFL to validate that for me nor does anyone else!

2. singletary beat the patriots in the superbowl

3. kyle williams is better than any WR on your roster

1.They still have the rings so they still count.

2.The Bears beat the Patriots not just Singletary

3. Williams would be like the 7th best receiver on the Pats, behind Tebow

1.They still have the rings so they still count.

2.The Bears beat the Patriots not just Singletary

3. Williams would be like the 7th best receiver on the Pats, behind Tebow

1. nope

2. still stands: you lost to a team led by singletary

3. tebow might be the 7th best WR on your roster, but he is absolutely the best QB on your roster

bionic77

Pat fans are despicable. For them the end justifies the means. This explains their love for a serial killer (demand is high for his blood stained jersey). In their minds those tainted SB's are as legitimate as OJs not guilty verdict and WMDs in Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom