• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h

Dwight Howard hopes to make his decision by Friday. Decision, per source, is "totally up in air."

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h

Celtics hired Brad Stevens. More on ESPN now...
Fuck Dwight.

Also Master and Commander is so good. It's on BBC America right now. I should buy the Blu Ray of it.

squicken

Fuck Dwight.

Also Master and Commander is so good. It's on BBC America right now. I should buy the Blu Ray of it.

Yes! The Bluray is amazing. Almost as much for the sound as the video. I know it's a cliche, but it really feels like a cannonball is flying through your living room

bionic77

Yes! The Bluray is amazing. Almost as much for the sound as the video. I know it's a cliche, but it really feels like a cannonball is flying through your living room
I remember the awesome sound from the DVD. The only thing holding me back is that I never watch any of the BRs I buy. They just sit. Too spoiled by instant video. I can't wait for a perfect online rental service.

squicken

I remember the awesome sound from the DVD. The only thing holding me back is that I never watch any of the BRs I buy. They just sit. Too spoiled by instant video. I can't wait for a perfect online rental service.

I'm the same. I only own 3 Blurays after piling up a DVD collection I never watched. But Master and Commander is definitely worth it.

Just watched A Good Day to Die Hard. Decent action flick.
Thought it was generic as hell, personally.:(

I saw it in theaters and there was just nothing that screamed Die Hard to me about it. Die Hard With a Vengeance was the last really good movie in the series.

the best action movie of recent times is Twilight

Your starting to frighten me, Greg. Next thing you'll tell me is Twilight is Uncharted with metro sexual vampires!

Greg

I saw it in theaters and there was just nothing that screamed Die Hard to me about it. Die Hard With a Vengeance was the last really good movie in the series.

Your starting to frighten me, Greg. Next thing you'll tell me is Twilight is Uncharted with metro sexual vampires!
I officially disown you. Take your dunking prowess elsewhere!
this scene combines NFL-GAF's 3 favorite things: Twilight, short-haired girls, and baseball!
pT31gkI.jpg

What are you guys doing for the 4th?
cooking out on the grill and that's about it

but then I'm going to my brother's house for fireworks on the 5th

Better than the Raid and Dredd?

uhhhh actually that is tough. can't go wrong with any of them! its a lot different than those movies though. it's more of a "fun" action/adventure movie whereas dredd and the raid are pretty brutal.

i am shocked dredd was so good. what a shame it didn't do better at the box office :(

Tamanon

Banned
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6h

Dwight Howard hopes to make his decision by Friday. Decision, per source, is "totally up in air."

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h

Celtics hired Brad Stevens. More on ESPN now...

Why the fuck is Schefter talking about NBA?

I agree there wasn't anything of Die Hard in it, other than Bruce Willis clowning some one liners (which is the standard for any action movie). Definitely glad I didn't cough up $30 for tickets and $30 for snacks though.

Put all of that aside and there were some excellent action pieces in it.
Tossing the bad dude off the roof and into the rotors was awesome.

KaYotiX

Banned
I feel bad for people working tomorrow.

That's a raw deal.

Ill be on the train,blocking crossings and making everyones commute hell HAHAHAH!!!!

If I have to work, then sit and wait for the train to go by fuckers!!!
Yes im Bitter

0087-2303-7179 I added you Bannned. Come visit Packton :)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just got TLoU today.

Lawdy Lawd you guys and your "friend codes". I expected TLoU single player to be OMGWTF good, and it is, but this multiplayer is Gears of War 1 level good.

KK sending you one right now: Kastrioti516

alright. i haven't played the online yet. is what you said meaning it is a good thing or bad thing? cause i remember GOW sucking online but maybe it just wasn't my style!

also i have no idea where my bluetooth for the ps3 is. all my shit is packed up since i'm moving soon. selling a house and buying a new house at the sametime is such a fucking bitch. i will honestly never do it again. i'd almost rather have lived in an apartment for 6 months in between

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
alright. i haven't played the online yet. is what you said meaning it is a good thing or bad thing? cause i remember GOW sucking online but maybe it just wasn't my style!

also i have no idea where my bluetooth for the ps3 is. all my shit is packed up since i'm moving soon. selling a house and buying a new house at the sametime is such a fucking bitch. i will honestly never do it again. i'd almost rather have lived in an apartment for 6 months in between

I meant its amazing if you love 3rd person cover shooters, with Gears of War 1 being the all time king IMO. The controls are somewhat similar, and its 4v4 3rd person shooter action with teamwork being essential, moreso than in Gears of War. Lots of melee combat, limited ammo for guns, healing teammates and taking cover from opposing enemy fire. Its fucking awesome.

Have you played the single player for TLoU yet? It should ease you into the online a bit.

I don't have a mic either since I haven't really gamed online on my PS3 yet, but I'm gonna get one just for this game. What part of SoCal you moving to? Moving sucks, I've got a nice condo that I just moved into a month ago. Told myself its going to be at least two years until I move again unless something work related comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom