• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
2 months left. Cannot wait.

The Greatest Show on Turf II

1013821_10151665262638605_1037202649_n.jpg

Teammates confirm Matthew Stafford has taken ownership of the Detroit Lions as "his team".

-Lions Facebook

Our offense will be even more explosive with Reggie Bush and our health back, but for us to be an elite team our defense has to grab turnovers like we did in our 2011 playoff season.

Regardless of your opinions on the Lions there is no denying that this is one of the youngest and most exciting teams on both sides of the ball.

bionic77

He's getting paid for being 7 feet tall and mildly coordinated. All the other stuff just shows how rare that is since it's tolerated. I hate the move but will hope for the best. He was a bad fit in LA and was wise to get out. They were poorly put together and he took the heat for it.
He is a bitch and will never win anything as THE guy. I honestly feel bad for you guys for that signing but I am glad we avoided it. I became a huge hater of his midway through the season. He is just so mentally weak and I don't see that changing. If he was the defensive presence he was 3 years ago then I would have put up with it, but he isn't that guy anymore and is not smart or skilled enough to be a top 3 guy without his peak athleticism. Your best bet is that he changes his mind on the runway and signs with someone else.

The Greatest Show on Turf II

1013821_10151665262638605_1037202649_n.jpg

Teammates confirm Matthew Stafford has taken ownership of the Detroit Lions as "his team".

-Lions Facebook

Our offense will be even more explosive with Reggie Bush and our health back, but for us to be an elite team our defense has to grab turnovers like we did in our 2011 playoff season.

Regardless of your opinions on the Lions there is no denying that this is one of the youngest and most exciting teams on both sides of the ball.

Yep. It's going to be very exciting to see Tillman peanut punch the hell out of Reggie Bush this year. :)

bionic77

KAS I know you are insane but stop comparing your team to the Rams. That was one of the most stacked teams on offense of all time. They really had no weakness. Only Mike Martz could stop them.

Your team does not measure up to them.

KAS I know you are insane but stop comparing your team to the Rams. That was one of the most stacked teams on offense of all time. They really had no weakness. Only Mike Martz could stop them.

Your team does not measure up to them.

im still baffled that rams squad only won 1 superbowl. if martz didn't insist on 7 step, 5 man protections all game the rams might've won a couple more

bionic77

im still baffled that rams squad only won 1 superbowl. if martz didn't insist on 7 step, 5 man protections all game the rams might've won a couple more
Yeah they should have been like the 90s Cowboys where they were so good any retard could coach the team to multiple Superbowls.

Unfortunately Martz is no Barry Switzer. Hell he might be dumber than Mike Singletary!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yep. It's going to be very exciting to see Tillman peanut punch the hell out of Reggie Bush this year. :)

Bush and the rest of our young offense will run circles around Tillman and the rest of your old and slow defense.

BTW thanks for Israel Idonije. Your second leading sacker last year (7.5 sacks) behind Julius Peppers, is now in a Lions uniform and will be joining a defensive line consisting of Ndamakung Suh, Nick Fairley, Ziggy Ansah, former Seahawk Jason Jones, Willie Young, Ronell Lewis and Devin Taylor.

Heads will roll.

Did a mini game with chan on his games island. Did everything, but lost by a hair because I did everything. He shows up at the very end and says, "Tired. Drunk".

Went home.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
VikeBike fans are poor and sore losers

images

They'll be formidable with Christian Ponder running the show.

Unlike Orlando, we've actually won a title with the most talented player in the league in Rodgers. Shaq couldn't do shit even with Anfernee backing him up and healthy feet.

Those mid-90's Magic teams also had Nick Anderson in his prime, Horace Grant and Dennis Scott in his prime.

Bush and the rest of our young offense will run circles around Tillman and the rest of your old and slow defense.

BTW thanks for Israel Idonije. Your second leading sacker last year (7.5 sacks) behind Julius Peppers, is now in a Lions uniform and will be joining a defensive line consisting of Ndamakung Suh, Nick Fairley, Ziggy Ansah, former Seahawk Jason Jones, Willie Young, Ronell Lewis and Devin Taylor.

Heads will roll.

who

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Aaron Hernandez may just be the key to every unsolved shooting of the last decade.

From earlier today, man who alleges Aaron Hernandez shot him in the face this past February ordered to testify:

A Connecticut man who alleges he lost his right eye and sustained other "permanent" injuries after being shot in the face by Aaron Hernandez in February has been summoned to appear before a grand jury in Massachusetts that is considering the murder case against the one-time NFL star.

Superior Court Judge Joan Alexander in Hartford, Conn., ordered on Friday that Alexander Bradley testify July 17 in Fall River, Mass., where a grand jury is probing allegations that the former New England Patriots tight end orchestrated the murder of Odin Lloyd, according to a court document obtained by NBC News.

According to the suit, Hernandez was driving from Tootsie's strip club in Miami to Palm Beach with a group of people at the time of the dispute.

A gun that Hernandez "was not legally licensed to have" then discharged, the suit stated. The bullet struck Bradley, causing him to lose his right eye and resulting in several surgeries, difficulty eating and other damages that are "permanent in nature," according to the suit.

A Palm Beach County police reported obtained by NBC News last month said that the case became inactive after Bradley refused to cooperate with emergency officials, telling them that he didn't know who shot him.

The report states: "En route to the hospital while the Palm Beach County Fire Rescue was treating the victim, I attempted asking him several times if he knew who did this to him and he stated, 'No.'"

Bradley denied that the wounds were self-inflicted, according to the report.

He is seeking at least $75,000 in damages from Hernandez, said David Jaroslawicz, one of the attorneys representing Bradley. He added that his client wants to know whether the gun was discharged on purpose.

"When we get Mr. Hernandez's testimony, hopefully he'll tell us," Jaroslawicz said on June 20. "My guess is he'll say 'I didn't do it deliberately.'"

Bradley was discovered shortly before 7 a.m. on Feb. 13 in an alley of a John Deere landscaping business in Riviera Beach, Fla., just miles from Palm Beach, according to the report, after someone called 911 to report a sighting of a bleeding person. Bradley was then found with blood on his head and a possible gunshot wound to his hand, according to police.

Bradley reportedly has resisted an interstate subpoena, claiming he needed to travel to Florida for medical treatment, according to The Associated Press.

But Judge Alexander in Hartford said the prospective court appearance "will not cause undue hardship" for Bradley, according to the summons. The document also states that Bradley "is a material and necessary witness" in the investigation of Hernandez.

Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-pro football player for the Boston Bandits, was found dead June 17 near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass. Prosecutors allege Hernandez orchestrated Lloyd's slaying because he was angry at him for talking to certain people at a Boston nightclub three nights before.

Bradley's testimony is scheduled for 9 a.m. on July 17, according to the summons.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Willie Young has been a solid, young defensive end for us who we drafted two years ago IIRC. Mediocre against the run, but is very fast off the edge when he pass rushes. Its his time to shine with Avril and KVB gone.

Same with Ronnel Lewis, who we drafted in the 4th round last year after a stellar college career at Oklahoma.

We just drafted Devin Taylor in the 4th round this past draft out of South Carolina where he won numerous awards like SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week, despite playing behind Jadeveon Clowney and the 18th pick Melvin Ingram.

These guys don't have to do much with Suh, Fairley and Israel putting constant pressure up the middle.

Willie Young has been a solid, young defensive end for us who we drafted two years ago IIRC. Mediocre against the run, but is very fast off the edge when he pass rushes. Its his time to shine with Avril and KVB gone.

Same with Ronnel Lewis, who we drafted in the 4th round last year after a stellar college career at Oklahoma.

We just drafted Devin Taylor in the 4th round this past draft out of South Carolina where he won numerous awards like SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week, despite playing behind Jadeveon Clowney and the 18th pick Melvin Ingram.

These guys don't have to do much with Suh, Fairley and Israel putting constant pressure up the middle.

niners were actually interested in idonije and i was hoping we'd sign him but we just didn't have the money to meet whatever his demands were i guess!

Greg

Well bitches, it's time to celebrate. Long story short, I was laid off from my job 3 weeks ago and given a month to find a new job within the company, along with 2999 of my coworkers. Today I just accepted a new position outside the company for a LOT more money and a much better working environment. Now I'm on paid vacation for the next week or so, then I go in to my old job for an exit interview and to collect a nice severance check, and after that I go straight to my new desk without missing a paycheck.

The bad news is that my commute is a lot longer. #whitepeopleproblems
Jackpot. Congrats.

buy me a beer

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well bitches, it's time to celebrate. Long story short, I was laid off from my job 3 weeks ago and given a month to find a new job within the company, along with 2999 of my coworkers. Today I just accepted a new position outside the company for a LOT more money and a much better working environment. Now I'm on paid vacation for the next week or so, then I go in to my old job for an exit interview and to collect a nice severance check, and after that I go straight to my new desk without missing a paycheck.

Nice. Still looking for work after getting laid off 3 months ago, though I had an interview a few weeks back.

squicken

The defense was bad except for the SB season. Look at the points they were giving up in the season between SB appearances, but still went 10-6!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2000.htm

Obviously Martz was a fool who blew the second SB, though Belichick and his cameras had a lot to do with that too

The defense was bad except for the SB season. Look at the points they were giving up in the season between SB appearances, but still went 10-6!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2000.htm

Obviously Martz was a fool who blew the second SB, though Belichick and his cameras had a lot to do with that too

but look at those offensive turnovers. the defense wasn't good but you do them no favors by giving the ball away like candy. i get that martz wanted to score score score but a smart coach would have maybe run the ball a bit more (ESPECIALLY considering who was back there and look at the YPA he had!) and play some ball control.

Kaepernick owns more than 400 pairs of shoes as well as an impressive collection of baseball caps from numerous sports teams. The Dolphins hat was just another fashion statement from a man who obviously loves to accessorize.

Some San Francisco 49ers fans didn't see it that way, though. Kaepernick was given the Keenan Allen treatment in social media circles, leading to a Friday retort.

"This the hat y'all mad at? I'm goin wear what I want regardless of what you think," Kaepernick said, via Instagram. "All you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won't let me in the building! #ridiculous #y'allmustbebored"

971302_10151612297226263_97239948_n.jpg

fuck u krapernick you terrorist lookin motherfucka this is tolziens team now and he ALWAYS wears niners gear! suck his mid west country dick.... NOW!!

scott-tolzien-2011-ncaa-football-2011-rose-47mqJi.jpg

cdyhybrid

Haha the Niners' golden boy QB hates his team. Probably because of all the disgusting people that call themselves fans of that franchise. Can't say I blame Kaep at all. He's a WAC guy, I knew he had some good in him!

squicken

It's innocent, but how can he not understand wearing other teams' apparel?

but look at those offensive turnovers. the defense wasn't good but you do them no favors by giving the ball away like candy. i get that martz wanted to score score score but a smart coach would have maybe run the ball a bit more (ESPECIALLY considering who was back there and look at the YPA he had!) and play some ball control.

Yeah Martz was insane, but they were fun to watch. Going to be really curious to see how all those guys fare when it comes to the Hall of Fame

Rorschach

grats, broski

squicken

Is half the NBA really going to tank next year? I'd like to say that never really happens in the NFL, since bad teams really just have the players quit on their coach. But Irsay ordered the Colts tank for Luck, I have no doubt

Is half the NBA really going to tank next year? I'd like to say that never really happens in the NFL, since bad teams really just have the players quit on their coach. But Irsay ordered the Colts tank for Luck, I have no doubt
I don't remember what the 2014 draft class looks like, but it wouldn't be shocking. The wild card is the stupid lottery, where they give the big market team the 1st pick because that makes the league more money.

The Lakers should tank as hard as possible, for example.

cdyhybrid

Russell, Luck, and RG3 would never wear an opponent's attire. It's not a generational thing. It's a bad decision thing

Man, it ain't even that serious. It's like all the hardcore UW message board denizens getting mad that the Seattle Times hired an Oregon grad to cover the Huskies.

If Wiggins is what people say he is, absolutely. They want that chance at the #1 pick.

squicken

If Wiggins is what people say he is, absolutely. They want that chance at the #1 pick.

I would hate to see a bunch of NFL teams tank. It's horrible for any sport if that ever happens. But I'm not really an NBA fan anymore so I guess it would be fun to see the car wreck of like 8 teams winning 60 games

I would hate to see a bunch of NFL teams tank. It's horrible for any sport if that ever happens. But I'm not really an NBA fan anymore so I guess it would be fun to see the car wreck of like 8 teams winning 60 games
The NBA regular season is a joke anyway, would anyone notice if it sucked more?
The answer is no.
It's like baseballs stupid long regular season, only if baseball let every mediocre team into the playoffs.

Only like 8 teams have a chance to win the NBA title anyway, so I usually don't start watching until the conference semis. Join me!

squicken

The NBA regular season is a joke anyway, would anyone notice if it sucked more?
The answer is no.
It's like baseballs stupid long regular season, only if baseball let every mediocre team into the playoffs.

Only like 8 teams have a chance to win the NBA title anyway, so I usually don't start watching until the conference semis. Join me!

Football is the only sport where I can watch when my team isn't playing. I'll flip over to a game 7 in hockey of basketball, but otherwise I just do what I can to get through June/July/August w/o NFL stuff. Been cracking through my games backlog.

Spades

Also, on the Kap cap, Iknow it's fairly harmless but as a professional athlete, he should really only be reppin' the team he plays for. A Nike athlete wouldn't rock up in an Adidas t-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom