• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsayer

I'm surprised to hear such excuses from you. How come 1-15 is an excuse for Bradford but not Spags?

Spags is a terrible coach.

His game management and decision making were something I always looked forward to as a Niners fan. Guaranteed two victories a year!

Bradford is solid, but I don't think he'll ever be on the top 10 QBs for a given year.

I don't think Locker is going to amount to shit, he is inaccurate as fuck and really nervous in the pocket. Not a good combo.

Maybe one day Peyton will be as elite as Flacco.

1370201219294_zps993aab5c.gif

That was all on the safety. Look at that angle, man, just inexcusably abysmal. He went for the pick and he paid for it.

I'm going to take the underrepresented stance of "Jacoby Jones is great," and all I see is a burner, burning.

Jacoby deserves more love. Dude should have won Dancing With The Stars, too.

cdyhybrid

I think you're just overcompensating since before that game SF had beaten you guys in 4 straight, so naturally you're going to put more focus on it.

Nah, I'd rather focus on us beating the Pats, but unlike Niner fans they actually remember that we beat them.

I just don't like that the Seahawks players talk so fucking much. You had one good season; don't act like you're some sort of powerhouse.

Also, Cheatin' Pete.

Except most of our roster has only been playing (or in the league period) for 2 or 3 years. It's not like they've been 6-10 for a decade before going 11-5 and then talking shit.

squicken

I'm surprised to hear such excuses from you. How come 1-15 is an excuse for Bradford but not Spags?

I have concerns about him, but I've always bristled at that game. Haven't we seen enough of Shurmur and Spags to know what they are? Browns fans can fill you in about Shurmur's dinking and dunking, and his refusal to let his QBs audible. But I have these from that SEA game to show you the absurdity of putting it on Bradford

Observe, only two deep passes, and those two deep passes
dink9qsw9.jpg

dx-drop-lefthssdw.gif

dx-mid-dropqyss1.gif

And for good measure, one of those intermediate passes, though somewhat in Fells defense, the ball was tipped

fells-dropmas3z.gif

rando14

I just don't like that the Seahawks players talk so fucking much. You had one good season; don't act like you're some sort of powerhouse.

Also, Cheatin' Pete.

Eh I can understand that, sometimes I kinda want Sherman and the boys to shut up.

NFL lovin' dat rivalry though. Plus it'll make the game against SF all that much more fun

squicken

Except most of our roster has only been playing (or in the league period) for 2 or 3 years. It's not like they've been 6-10 for a decade before going 11-5 and then talking shit.

Yeah saw this about when each team acquired its longest tenured player. Difference with SEA and SF is how much younger all the key guys are for SEA

Doomsayer

Nah, I'd rather focus on us beating the Pats, but unlike Niner fans they actually remember that we beat them.

Just like you forget that we had beaten you four straight and even beat you once last year as well! "But Wussle didn't have the chains removed!" Spare me.

Yeah saw this about when each team acquired its longest tenured player. Difference with SEA and SF is how much younger all the key guys are for SEA

This does concern me, Seattle has built a team that can succeed now and in the future. That is if they don't all get busted for PEDs first.

For the record, as much as I can't stand Cheatin' Pete, Russel is a saint.

cdyhybrid

Just like you forget that we had beaten you four straight and even beat you once last year as well! "But Wussle didn't have the chains removed!"

I never forget that. But the NFL is the league of "What have you done for me lately?"! And the real problem that game was that we swapped our receiving corps in the first half for the receivers of the Koren Robinson-era teams that perennially led the league in drops.

Fantomex

Jesus Christ you guys are burning through these threads fast.

Who is playing Animal Crossing? I need apples.

I'm playing but won't be home till later, Alls I got is Peaches, Coconuts and Pears though. But I think I got apples from a poor as well now that I think about it.

Doomsayer

I never forget that. But the NFL is the league of "What have you done for me lately?"! And the real problem that game was that we swapped our receiving corps in the first half for the receivers of the Koren Robinson-era teams that perennially led the league in drops.

I do remember your TE (Evan Moore?) getting open as fuck on a wheel route and just dropping it. Kind of summed of that game for you guys.

Is John Abraham still jobless?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm playing but won't be home till later, Alls I got is Peaches, Coconuts and Pears though. But I think I got apples from a poor as well now that I think about it.

Once again proving you are a poor to the likes of me. I think at this point only fruit I'm missing is persimmons.

If I can get my wireless working after work I believe I have at least one apple tree that you can take from ez. Possibly 4 if the ones I planted have sprouted by now.

Only issue is you'll have to come into my town of Kessel! I know how much you're looking forward to that.

eznark

Banned
Once again proving you are a poor to the likes of me. I think at this point only fruit I'm missing is persimmons.

If I can get my wireless working after work I believe I have at least one apple tree that you can take from ez. Possibly 4 if the ones I planted have sprouted by now.

Only issue is you'll have to come into my town of Kessel! I know how much you're looking forward to that.

Sharpening my ax as we speak

0989-2170-6876

RBH

Mark Sanchez was nearly the victim of another party video during his rookie season, if not for the quick thinking of former Jets quarterback Erik Ainge.

Earlier this week, a video surfaced of Sanchez partying with two females, including snippets of him dancing with an exposed rear end. According to Ainge, in a Metro exclusive, a similar incident almost happened four years ago when, following a big Jets home win in 2009, Ainge was a part of a postgame party at Sanchez’s condo. After several drinks, things began to get silly and Sanchez, whose girlfriend was at the party, decided to go streaking in his own condo. As the clothes came off, Ainge remembers the cell phone of a female partygoer popping up to capture the dash of the Jets’ rookie quarterback for posterity.

Ainge rushed over, smashed the cell phone and destroyed the evidence. Sanchez paid for the damages, but what could have been more damaging would have been for the video to come out. In light of this week’s “Butt Video” that surfaced on TerezOwens.com, it sheds some light on a player who apparently has struggled with making proper judgments.

“There were numerous times when things would happen, when things would go down, articles of clothing would be removed,” Ainge told Metro. “Mark is goofy. He played truth or dare. He was kind of awkward around girls, so he needed other people around him to help him out. I was good at that — there were other guys who were good with that. So we’d help him out and talk him through his awkwardness. It happened to him with the 17-year old who said she wasn’t 17. Now the butt video and there’s been several other issues just like that, but he’s always had wingmen.”

But perhaps he has out of wingmen.

What is discouraging about this story is that Sanchez apparently hasn’t learned his lesson from this incident, as evidenced by the video that surfaced this week. Ainge wonders openly if Sanchez has anyone on the Jets team willing to look out for the best interests of the “Sanchise” and will safeguard him in those situations. If there had been a willing teammate nearby to look out for him, perhaps this must recent video embarrassment would have been smashed as well.

Before he was drafted by the Jets in the fifth round of the 2008 NFL draft, Ainge was the starting quarterback at Tennessee where college parties and overall campus life put him in situations, such as the one in 2009 with Sanchez. But he credits teammates around him that were looking out for his best interests and protecting him from cell phones popping up to record any indiscretions.

Ainge, who now hosts the “Erik Ainge Show” on Tennessee Sports Radio, also thinks that Sanchez has been a victim of his own kindness. He says that Sanchez is “trusting” and wishes that, in situations, such as the one this week that made him the butt of many jokes, that his former teammate would be just a bit “meaner” in his handling of others.

“He’s been a target in college and now he’s a target in the NFL,” Ainge said. “Now it’s become a thing to try and catch Mark doing something stupid. He’s never breaking the law. Look at Aaron Hernandez, Mark Sanchez is child’s play in the NFL, as far as off-the-field stuff. I’d know as good as anybody — what Mark does off the field is child’s play. He’s dumb about it. He’s stupid while being stupid. You have to be smart while being stupid, and he’s dumb while being dumb. Look at the butt video. He needs someone he trusts there when Mark wants to go streaking through his own condo.”
http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/2013/06/27/mark-sanchez-dumb-while-being-dumb/

It's the SEC of the NFL ;)

I actually do like that SEA and SF players, coaches and fans don't like each other. And I'm sure now that Payton is back, your hate for the Saints will be rekindled

I believe that Drew Brees was still their QB, so the hate never stopped for Falcons fans.

squicken

He’s stupid while being stupid. You have to be smart while being stupid, and he’s dumb while being dumb.

You know that is pretty damn insightful. Odd that Ainge would talk about that, but he seems to get it. Sanchez just isn't a good decision maker, but is harmless

squicken

If I was gonna get a console for a game it would be a PS3 for Last of Us, a real game. I don't want any part of some cartoon world where a Canadian cat is lord of NFL GAF with all his fruit trees, reducing ez to some snes type beggar

Fantomex

you think my village has time for fruit? im too busy giving everyone of my villagers a flat screen TV, jacuzzi, GT-Rs, oak wood floors, their own soda fountains, a personal chef, personal butler, personal trainer (to prevent sconie obesity), leather couches, versace shirts and caviar picnics with Chateau Lafite 1787 to wash down that sensible palette. Their servants have servants. stupid flea infested cat, you dont even have a Wario stache, HMD, or Samus helmet do you? you dumb, stupid poor.

Talon

I love the idea that Eric Ainge was Mark Sanchez's wingman.

:jnc

Lol, just watched the video? So...he was basically meat spinning for those girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom