• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
How big of a contender would the Vikings be if they had an above average QB?
IMO, they'd be a legit threat. (I almost said super bowl, but then I looked at their defensive stats and they're almost as bad as the Packers!)

Luckily we don't live in that terrifying world. By the time they have a good QB, Peterson and Jennings will be old and broken. Crisis averted!

bionic77

How big of a contender would the Vikings be if they had an above average QB?
HOF almost never get to play with good qbs while in their prime.

The last time it happened was when grandpa Elway played with TD and their offense was pretty much unstoppable. Defense had to pick their poison.

It takes too much luck to get a RB that good and a good to great qb.

Lunchbox

Banned
HOF almost never get to play with good qbs while in their prime.

The last time it happened was when grandpa Elway played with TD and their offense was pretty much unstoppable. Defense had to pick their poison.

It takes too much luck to get a RB that good and a good to great qb.

Corey Dillon + Brady

you dont sign HOFamers, the patriot way makes them

bionic77

Corey Dillon + Brady

you dont sign HOFamers, the patriot way makes them
:lol

Dillon was the definition of slightly above average. Just like Brady.

Hell if I was as dumb as you I could have said Ben and Bettis, but I never thought of the Bus as truly great. And he was better than Dillon.

Lunchbox

Banned
:lol

Dillon was the definition of slightly above average. Just like Brady.

Hell if I was as dumb as you I could have said Ben and Bettis, but I never thought of the Bus as truly great. And he was better than Dillon.

who? ben and bettis, sounds like a circus act who would struggle to beat the seahawks

corey dillon shit on the stealers as a bengal and then shit on pittsburgh again on his way to his ring. true american hero and a legend

bionic77

who? ben and bettis, sounds like a circus act who would struggle to beat the seahawk.

corey dillon shit on the stealers as a bengal and then shit on pittsburgh again on his way to his ring. true american hero and a legend
Bettis did his best to make the Steelers lose in 2004 but Ben doesn't know how to take no for an answer and decided he would win the game on both sides of the ball. Instead of crying to the refs he adjusted his jock strap (it is something Tammy doesn't need to worry about) and made the game winning tackle.

Time to sleep. Also we all know the Pats were frauds and Dillon getting the ring is just more evidence they were scumbag cheaters. No reasonable person could believe a Bungle could win it all without some "help"!

Just got my first ever concussion during our amateur league down under. Lost about 20mins of time but I managed to get off the field under my own power somehow.

Feeling worse for wear atm though.

Greg

Just got my first ever concussion during our amateur league down under. Lost about 20mins of time but I managed to get off the field under my own power somehow.

Feeling worse for wear atm though.
Damn. You get checked out?

Have someone keep an eye on you for a bit/make sure someone knows.

did your team win?

Damn. You get checked out?

Have someone keep an eye on you for a bit/make sure someone knows.

did your team win?
Our medic checked me out and pretty much said ur done for the game. Lucky for me I brought a few of my boys down to watch and they drove me home.

I don't even remember the play that it happened in but apparently I laid one hell of a hit. And yeh a solid 40-0 win

JABEE

Our medic checked me out and pretty much said ur done for the game. Lucky for me I brought a few of my boys down to watch and they drove me home.

I don't even remember the play that it happened in but apparently I laid one hell of a hit. And yeh a solid 40-0 win

Make sure you make an appointment at a doctor's office. Head injuries are no joke. You could start feeling like Hell tomorrow morning.

Make sure you make an appointment at a doctor's office. Head injuries are no joke. You could start feeling like Hell tomorrow morning.
Yeh that's a definite, head into the docs before I do anything else. I can see how too many of these can fuck someone up long term

WedgeX

Banned
Bettis did his best to make the Steelers lose in 2004 but Ben doesn't know how to take no for an answer and decided he would win the game on both sides of the ball. Instead of crying to the refs he adjusted his jock strap (it is something Tammy doesn't need to worry about) and made the game winning tackle.

Time to sleep. Also we all know the Pats were frauds and Dillon getting the ring is just more evidence they were scumbag cheaters. No reasonable person could believe a Bungle could win it all without some "help"!

You don't say....

Spades

You don't say....

tiffanys.jpg

squicken

I really want to see what Reid can do.

Always interesting seeing a coach go to another team. Normally it doesn't end well. Parcels was the most successful at it that I remember.

Don Shula might be the best coach ever and certainly had the most success after changing teams. Parcells is the only coach to win a SB and then go back with a different team. But Reid never won a SB

bionic77

Don Shula might be the best coach ever and certainly had the most success after changing teams. Parcells is the only coach to win a SB and then go back with a different team. But Reid never won a SB
I honestly don't think Reid is a good coach but he can shut me up if he can turn around KC. I don't put Reid in that elite coaching category. He was very good for a years and turned the Eagles around but I am not sure at what he is good at doing other than perhaps evaluating talent. He certainly never coached up his qbs.

And I only remember Shula with the Dolphins bro. I started watching football in the early 80s. Parcells was the coach I have seen who excelled at several different teams, which seems to be incredibly difficult in the NFL.

squicken

And I only remember Shula with the Dolphins bro. I started watching football in the early 80s. Parcells was the coach I have seen who excelled at several different teams, which seems to be incredibly difficult in the NFL.

Oh I agree. It's why I like Shula over someone like Landry or Lombardi. It's splitting hairs, but Shula did it with two teams, and even with the Dolphins, had three distinct groups of players go to the SB.

It's actually pretty common for coaches to have more success at their second spot. Shanny, Couglin, Belichick, Dungy, and Gruden all won after getting fired. It's rare that a great coach inherits a bunch of great players like Lombardi and Jim Harbaugh did

edit: Forgot that Gruden was traded like Shula was. But still, second stop!

I honestly don't think Reid is a good coach but he can shut me up if he can turn around KC. I don't put Reid in that elite coaching category. He was very good for a years and turned the Eagles around but I am not sure at what he is good at doing other than perhaps evaluating talent. He certainly never coached up his qbs.

Lol coaching up qbs is the main thing reid was good at.

ChanHuk

Banned
What you doing?

Plastering Fantomex's L&D room with Pats posters.

Emergency Room Technician is my title. I want to work at a hospital that I can make a career at, I really want to get my foot in the door with Kaiser. New job is at the same hospital Fantomex is gonna have his second parasite at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom