• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spades

Plastering Fantomex's L&D room with Pats posters.

Emergency Room Technician is my title. I want to work at a hospital that I can make a career at, I really want to get my foot in the door with Kaiser. New job is at the same hospital Fantomex is gonna have his second parasite at.

Good luck man, sounds interesting!

My mother-in-law works in A&E. Those guys work so hard.

ChanHuk

Banned
Good luck man, sounds interesting!

My mother-in-law works in A&E. Those guys work so hard.

I'm assuming A&E is the emergency department. The ER is a little bit different as you don't see a patient very long, treat the patient and either send them home or admit them.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Great episode of America's Game on NFL Network right now about the 1983 LA Raiders. God damn that defense of Lyle Alzado, Howie Long, Matt Millen (*shudders*) etc. were some bad dudes.

Spades

Great episode of America's Game on NFL Network right now about the 1983 LA Raiders. God damn that defense of Lyle Alzado, Howie Long, Matt Millen (*shudders*) etc. were some bad dudes.

I love NFL Network. It's a Godsend that I can subscribe and watch online for very little, considering I'm outside the US.

Yeah, I'm happy for him.

I wish I got into tennis at a younger age because I think I would've been awesome. I blame my school for only having a girl's tennis team.
Tennis is great. I played for four years in high school and got pretty decent but I didn't play much in college. Now I always want to play but I have no one to play with. :(

MechDX

Good morning my friends; who's worse? Bronies or Pats fans?

Trick question: Pats fans are Bronies!

sticker,375x360.png

Greg

Tennis is great. I played for four years in high school and got pretty decent but I didn't play much in college. Now I always want to play but I have no one to play with. :(
If you ever visit, I'll play. There are 2 parks with courts about 3 miles from my house (one in PA, one in OH).

I first played my junior year in high school, and I really got into it during college. It's such good stress relief... I can't think of much that compares to winding up and hitting a big forehand.

If you ever visit, I'll play. There are 2 parks with courts about 3 miles from my house (one in PA, one in OH).

I first played my junior year in high school, and I really got into it during college. It's such good stress relief... I can't think of much that compares to winding up and hitting a big forehand.
Nice, now I have an even better excuse to visit the wonderful state of Ohio!

bionic77

Competitive singles is really intense.

I don't play much and usually only play doubles now. My footwork is atrocious.

bionic77

Lol coaching up qbs is the main thing reid was good at.
Reputations are not always warranted.

From memory when the Eagles were really good it was mostly great defenses and McNabb making something out nothing, mostly his legs.

The next qb he had also was a running qb who was making plays out of nothing until teams figured out he did not know how to read a defense.

Maybe I am being a hater but I don't remember a lot of great qb play I would attribute to the coach (they did run some brilliant screens for awhile, he gets credit for that).

Greg

I used to play all the time but I got seriously injured while playing tennis and haven't played since. Man I miss it.
Damn, that sucks. Can't you play now, or are you just staying away from it because of what happened?

Nice, now I have an even better excuse to visit the wonderful state of Ohio!
2cKoqYA.png

Competitive singles is really intense.

I don't play much and usually only play doubles now. My footwork is atrocious.
Yeah, I'm usually competitive with a smile, but I really get into tennis.

My mechanics aren't the greatest because I taught myself and probably fell into some bad habits, and I never really practiced serving enough to have it be a weapon, but I can get to any shot. I've always had crazy burst speed, and it's the perfect fit for the sport.

bionic77

Damn, that sucks. Can't you play now, or are you just staying away from it because of what happened?

2cKoqYA.png

Yeah, I'm usually competitive with a smile, but I really get into tennis.

My mechanics aren't the greatest because I taught myself and probably fell into some bad habits, and I never really practiced serving enough to have it be a weapon, but I can get to any shot. I've always had crazy burst speed, and it's the perfect fit for the sport.
You have no one to blame for a loss in tennis.

Not even Obama.

Makes it really hurt when you lose a match that you thought you could have won.

Greg

You have no one to blame for a loss in tennis.

Not even Obama.

Makes it really hurt when you lose a match that you thought you could have won.
I've blamed my racket many times! And the court once.

All the courts were hard except for the one side court which was one of those carpeted ones with that silica sand on it. A small pile of the sand somehow ended up on my court near the net, and as I was running in from the baseline to get a drop shot I slipped on the sand and ate shit. Thanks, Obama.

I've blamed my racket many times! And the court once.

All the courts were hard except for the one side court which was one of those carpeted ones with that silica sand on it. A small pile of the sand somehow ended up on my court near the net, and as I was running in from the baseline to get a drop shot I slipped on the sand and ate shit. Thanks, Obama.
That sucks!

I had one high school match against a really rich school and I made the kid so mad he was cussing at his racket and throwing it all over the place. He got suspended for two weeks and had to write a written apology to our coach. It was great!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/07/trent-richardson-remains-on-schedule-for-training-camp/

A month ago, Browns running back Trent Richardson was denying a report that a leg injury would keep him out of the start of training camp. From all indications, Richardson is still on pace to achieve his optimistic goal of being ready to go when the Browns report.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Richardson began his running program as scheduled back home in Pensacola, Florida, and he’s still on track to be there when the Browns’ veterans report for camp on July 24.

TRENT TRUCK
TRENT TRUCK
TRENT TRUCK

bionic77

That sucks!

I had one high school match against a really rich school and I made the kid so mad he was cussing at his racket and throwing it all over the place. He got suspended for two weeks and had to write a written apology to our coach. It was great!
That is dumb. That sound like every tennis match I had in the 90s. I would call myself all sorts of racist and homophibic things when I fucked up. You guys played in a pussy league!

Hell we played a team from Reading where two dudes had pagers and I was pretty sure were drug dealers and another threatened to kick my ass on match point (I served it out with a huge ace and then the coaches made us both leave but no weakass suspensions or apologies).

Greg

That is dumb. That sound like every tennis match I had in the 90s. I would call myself all sorts of racist and homophibic things when I fucked up. You guys played in a pussy league!

Hell we played a team from Reading where two dudes had pagers and I was pretty sure were drug dealers and another threatened to kick my ass on match point (I served it out with a huge ace and then the coaches made us both leave but no weakass suspensions or apologies).
laughed at pagers

Fucking Ohio sucked me back once again
living the high life!

Miller High Life

I once broke my tennis racket and walked off the court. Honestly, that 'ref' worked for that club and wanted the kid from the club to win, so it would look nice in the weekly newsletter or some shit. So many blatant out balls not called and every fucking thing got called his way.

Assholes. (this was like 10 years ago)

Tamanon

Banned
I play "tennis" against my fiance three times a week recently. We both are absolutely horrible, but it's good exercise and better than just going walking on the same old track.

I am just really gun shy now. A friend hit a serve that hit the fence behind me and rolled between my legs. I bent down to pick the ball up and his next serve caught me right in the eye. I have had 6 surgeries on the eye but I still cant really see out of it. Cant play tennis is you feel like flinching every time someone hits a serve to you.

bionic77

I am just really gun shy now. A friend hit a serve that hit the fence behind me and rolled between my legs. I bent down to pick the ball up and his next serve caught me right in the eye. I have had 6 surgeries on the eye but I still cant really see out of it. Cant play tennis is you feel like flinching every time someone hits a serve to you.
That's horrible.

Greg

I once broke my tennis racket and walked off the court. Honestly, that 'ref' worked for that club and wanted the kid from the club to win, so it would look nice in the weekly newsletter or some shit. So many blatant out balls not called and every fucking thing got called his way.

Assholes. (this was like 10 years ago)
I take care of my rackets, but I broke my strings like 4 times last summer before I ran out of spare cash and gave up.

I play "tennis" against my fiance three times a week recently. We both are absolutely horrible, but it's good exercise and better than just going walking on the same old track.
Yes!

Oh, wow, sorry to hear that. You should still get some casual play in if you miss it that much though - even if it's just against a return net or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom