• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
Tennis is fun as hell. I was pretty good when I was a little kid, but I forgot how to swing a racket, and how to set up my footwork. I'm trying to relearn everything though, might even play this evening!

I am just really gun shy now. A friend hit a serve that hit the fence behind me and rolled between my legs. I bent down to pick the ball up and his next serve caught me right in the eye. I have had 6 surgeries on the eye but I still cant really see out of it. Cant play tennis is you feel like flinching every time someone hits a serve to you.
That is so tragic... sorry, man. Do you think you could play if you wore racquetball goggles?

For all our Pats fan friends, NFLN is showing America's Game with the 07-08 Giants right now.

And the 2011 Giants are next.

I am just really gun shy now. A friend hit a serve that hit the fence behind me and rolled between my legs. I bent down to pick the ball up and his next serve caught me right in the eye. I have had 6 surgeries on the eye but I still cant really see out of it. Cant play tennis is you feel like flinching every time someone hits a serve to you.

Damn man, that sucks.

jakncoke

Banned
eric-dickerson-rams.jpg

bionic77

I did consider sunglasses but I am worried about the lenses breaking.
I have played tennis with glasses for forever and been hit in the glasses on more than one occasion, sometimes by serves around 100 mph and while it might fuck up your glasses and the frames (usually repairable) it won't touxh your eye. And honestly unless you are at the net it doesn't matter and you should not get hit.

And yes I was at the net during a doubles match when a giant dude blasted a serve on the wrong side and I took it right in the face. Glasses saved me though but he bent the fuck out of the frames.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Reading preview mags by the pool all day. The Giants were #31 in total defense last season. Unbelievable they're willing to waste Eli's prime like that. Also every one of these writers talk about how Flacco has to live up to his contract and prove the playoffs weren't a fluke. Have fun buddy.

Swindle

Banned
Reading preview mags by the pool all day. The Giants were #31 in total defense last season. Unbelievable they're willing to waste Eli's prime like that. Also every one of these writers talk about how Flacco has to live up to his contract and prove the playoffs weren't a fluke. Have fun buddy.

Who are you bear? I like your slacks.

bionic77

Watching the 2008 Giants America's Game on NFL Network. How did they win the SuperBowl that year FFS?
Current NFL its better to be lucky than good. See current NFL champion..

Also I will always love seeing the Pats lose to the Giants but the best SB is clearly the Steelers win from 2008.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Watching the 2008 Giants America's Game on NFL Network. How did they win the SuperBowl that year FFS?

According to Football Outsiders, the Giants winning the SB that year was slightly less likely than Tom Coughlin being 5 minutes late to a meeting and getting struck by lightning.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
YouTube account Russell Wilson has been terminated because we received multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:

E! Entertainment Television
NFL
Hah.

That've pretty bad. But not as bad as forfeiting all of your significant wins because you were caught cheating while doing it.

Also probably not as bad as rooting for a serial killer.

But they werent forfeited. And its not as bad as for cheering for a rapist and then defending said rapist in court.

I didn't like someones replay in OT, so I'm gonna find most of his posts and reply being a dbag most likely. Thats not going to far right?

Bread

Banned
That've pretty bad. But not as bad as forfeiting all of your significant wins because you were caught cheating while doing it.

Also probably not as bad as rooting for a serial killer.
Show me the proof of this cheating. You should be jailed for spreading lies about such a class organization.

Lunchbox

Banned
2001 superbowl was best superbowl

- it gave america hope after 9/11 that patriots are still winners
- rise of brady
- rise of belichick
- Bledsoe coming back to play his part in the playoffs
- beating oakland in the snow
- start of the most feared and dominant dynasty in nfl

GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.