• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanHuk

Banned
there was no way the hype for the ending of TLOU could be met. it was a great ending. But Gaf made it seem to be Snape kills Dumbledore, Luke is Vaders son, Bruce Willis is dead, Tom Brady is actually not feminine levels of awesomeness combined.

Yo, lemme borrow TLOU, I'll let you borrow Fire Emblem Awakening as hostage.

bionic77

How do you people define poor since that word is thrown around a lot in these parts? Is SNES the good standard? And how poor is that turd?

there was no way the hype for the ending of TLOU could be met. it was a great ending. But Gaf made it seem to be Snape kills Dumbledore, Luke is Vaders son, Bruce Willis is dead, Tom Brady is actually not feminine levels of awesomeness combined.
GAF loves hyperbole. Especially when a videogame achieves the vaunted heights of B-movie storytelling.

GOAT. Validates artistic integrity of the medium. etc

Fantomex

I don't even blame the Giants Connor from having a knife in his luggage. Too many Patriots out there still running free to let our guard down.

JABEE

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lam-nfl-have-indictment-contingency-strategy/

Of particular note: Grossi quoted an unnamed league source who said that the NFL and Haslam “even have a plan in place in the event there is an indictment (of Haslam) to maintain ownership of the Browns during the legal process.” When asked about this, Haslam declined comment to Grossi, saying: “I don’t want to answer any legal questions.”

Haslam told Grossi that he does not intend to sell the Browns.

“We plan on owning the Browns for a long time,” Haslam said, per ESPN Cleveland.

AYKZvLV.gif

In the case of TLoU the journey is much more important than the ending specifically. The hype is for the storytelling on display throughout the entire game, and in my opinion it's entirely justified.

ChanHuk

Banned
Good morning my friends and poors.

uh snes is the standard of poors since he constantly complains that he can't afford his idol's favorites at Taco Bell.

And Fantomessican, your fried rice will be ready at 0830. I can't promise that it isn't covered with bacillus cereus.

bionic77

Good morning my friends and poors.

uh snes is the standard of poors since he constantly complains that he can't afford his idol's favorites at Taco Bell.

And Fantomessican, your fried rice will be ready at 0830. I can't promise that it isn't covered with bacillus cereus.
He can't afford Taco Bell? Damn that is like 3rd world country poor.

I feel bad for him now. He should start a PayPal account. I would chip in at least $20. That is enough to eat at the Bell for several months.

what do you mean you people?
As in you poor no taste having Taco Bell eating bus riding people.

He can't afford Taco Bell? Damn that is like 3rd world country poor.

I feel bad for him now. He should start a PayPal account. I would chip in at least $20. That is enough to eat at the Bell for several months..

Should I PM you my paypal account? Or should I just post it here? I would use it to buy some more Patriots swag food.

ChanHuk

Banned
I would like to reiterate that Dutch is a fake poor. He and his family are staying at a luxury hotel in West Hollywoof.

Six players available in 2013 supplemental draft

A pair of former UNLV defensive lineman and two productive wide receivers headline a group of six players eligible for the NFL's 2013 supplemental draft, Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com and CBSSports.com reports.

Players available in the supplemental draft are those who were eligible, but did not declare for the entry draft and have lost their eligibility for the upcoming college season. This year's supplemental draft will take place via e-mail and will begin at 1 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 11.

According to Rang, NFL teams were informed over the weekend that Houston wide receiver DeWayne Peace, Purdue wide receiver O.J. Ross, Central Florida defensive end Toby Jackson, UNLV defensive end James Boyd and defensive tackle Nate Holloway and South Alabama defensive back Damond Smith are the players who will comprise this year's supplemental draft class.

Despite missing three games, Peace, listed at 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds, led the Cougars with 54 receptions for 603 yards in 2012, but was ruled academically ineligible and was removed from the team in June. Ross, listed a 5-foot-10 and 188 pounds, led the Boilermakers with 56 receptions in 2012 and finished his college career with 100 receptions for 959 yards and six touchdowns before he was suspended indefinitely for violating team rules. Ross was previously suspended for a bowl game due to academics.

On the defensive side, Smith might be an intriguing prospect. The 5-foot-11, 181-pound cornerback began his career at Western Michigan before transferring to South Alabama, where he got into a fight with a teammate and was suspended for violating team rules. Smith was invited to tryout for the Green Bay Packers following the 2013 entry draft, but the NFL ruled that he was eligible for the supplemental draft.

Boyd began his college career as an "athlete" at USC, playing quarterback, tight end and defensive end before moving on to a junior college and then to UNLV last season. In eight games at UNLV, the 6-foot-5, 255-pound Boyd had 21 tackles, including 2.5 for a loss, with two sacks (one full sack against Washington State, two split sacks against Northern Arizona) and had seven passes defensed. Teams looking for a pass rush project might be intrigued by Boyd's athleticism.

Holloway is a 365-pound run-stuffer who had 28 tackles in 25 games over the 2010 and 2011 seasons. Holloway had academic issues during his UNLV career and left the program in June. Jackson is a 6-foot-5, 257-pound defensive end who had 14 tackles in nine games during the 2011 season, but was academically ineligible in 2012.

There have been 42 players selected in supplemental drafts, including 11 players in the last 10 years. Since 2002, there have only been one supplemental draft (2004) where no player was selected (the event was not held in 2008 as there were no eligible players). Active supplemental draft choices include San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks, free agent left tackle Jared Gaither, Chicago Bears running back Harvey Unga, Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor, Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon and Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent, who is awaiting trial on an intoxicated manslaughter charge.

Cruz deal is happening. Almost done and we should have more later today hopefully.

Ed Werder @Edwerderespn 29m

Source confirms @ProFootballTalk report that Victor Cruz finalizing multi-year deal with Giants. Expect average over $8.5M and under $9M

...and done. Victor Cruz locked up long term. (5 year extension plus 1 year tender)

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 3m

So all in all, that's six years, $45.879 million for Cruz through the 2018 season

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 1m

Average per year for Cruz: $8.6 million ... Guaranteed money: Little over $15 million, I'm told.

No salary cap space lost or gained this year as it appears he will play for the tendered amount this year and contract is a 5 year extension on that. (averages to about 7.7 million/year when you take the tendered amount into account :D)

Greg

Sorry, I haven't been posting much today because I've been busy partying it up with all these supermodels.

BG and I were invited to an exclusive Ohio party thrown by TRENT TRUCK. One of the rooms is just a big whiskey fountain, and the only rule is that you have to make out with a new model each time you want to take a drink. We're running out of whiskey.

Don't worry about us too much - Weedon is the chaperone.

bionic77

Man I hope I never have to move to Cleveland, or Ohio in general
As shit as Ohio is, it is still better than a lot of other states.

I would much rather live in Columbus, OH over hellholes like Flint, MI.

For the most part it can always be worse*.

* Unless you are a alligator stuck in a swamp in the Florida everglades trying to two-team between the Jags and Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom