• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Barnwell has the Lions as his 2012 bad team most likely to rebound in 2013
Wasn't his big prediction last year that the Niners would suck serious balls and not make the playoffs?

:lol Grantland. Fuck those guys. I believe my own eyes not your cherry picked statistics!

Colasante

Wasn't his big prediction last year that the Niners would suck serious balls and not make the playoffs?

:lol Grantland. Fuck those guys. I believe my own eyes not your cherry picked statistics!

He said they would regress from 13-3. His predictions became essentially moot after Kaepernick took over, since his numbers were based on Alex Smith starting the entire season, I believe.

squicken

He said they would regress from 13-3. His predictions became essentially moot after Kaepernick took over, since his numbers were based on Alex Smith starting the entire season, I believe.

Yup, the QB changed everything. It's like trying to find the 2012 Colts out of this group. No one drafted Andrew Luck. I really think the Chiefs will be the rebound team just b/c they are in a bad division and have a stable QB situation. It's hard to see any NFC team making a big move, although DET could benefit if Chicago and Minnesota decline this year

I guess I wasn't paying attention b/c I had no idea the Texans were 5-0 in one score games. The awful fade down the stretch and that record is going to have them on lots of overrated lists

The Eagles seem like a massive wildcard to me for this upcoming season. I could see them going anything from 2-14 to 11-5. Then again, I don't know a lot about their current roster.

Striker

I could see Tampa doing something if Fatman doesn't play stupid, and Sullivan/Schiano have a run heavy offense. Use PA to hit Jackson down the field. They appear to have the pieces built up, though defensively is probably where the if's come into play more. Revis being healthy, healthy DL (lost Bennett too), LB's seem solid enough, but how will Goldson fit into their scheme.

NFC East is full of question marks.

Eagles with a brand new defensive scheme, new offensive system, and of course dipshit at QB
Giants have a familiar offense but need health on the OL, defense is full of question marks including three brand new LB's
Redskins have a crippled QB, not much other offensive talent besides Garcon and Morris; defense should overachieve as usual
Cowboys have good offensive weapons but had an issue pass protecting, needs Murray to stay healthy; another new defensive scheme

With all of the games tied to the system stuff would you guys recommend a used 3ds or just get a new one?
It really doesn't matter since you can just reformat the system. I'd still suggest new just because of wear and tear though, but if the price is that big of an issue you might as well go used. Just make sure if you get a used one that it has the SD card included (new 3DS XL comes with a 4GB card I believe).

NFC East is full of question marks.

Eagles with a brand new defensive scheme, new offensive system, and of course dipshit at QB
Giants have a familiar offense but need health on the OL, defense is full of question marks including three brand new LB's
Redskins have a crippled QB, not much other offensive talent besides Garcon and Morris; defense should overachieve as usual
Cowboys have good offensive weapons but had an issue pass protecting, needs Murray to stay healthy; another new defensive scheme

One of them carries switchblades at the Airport though! Super Bowl confirmed.

Fox318

Buy a new one you Poor!

Its not that I would be buying 1. I would be buying 2. I'm thinking as a 5th anniversary gift the get me and my gf a 3ds or vita together. I still don't know what system to pick but I am leaning towards the 3DS because of her love of pokemon but the vita has Persona 4 and the show.

bionic77

One of them carries switchblades at the Airport though! Super Bowl confirmed.
Just being a thug doesn't confirm or justify a Superbowl. I mean if it did than the Raiders would never lose a game.

And you Barnwell apologists sicken me! He is a fat fuck and I hate "analytics" in sports. Use your goddamn eyes and brain instead of pretending to be statistician.

edit: Fox only a moran wouldn't get a 3DS. Get a 3DS and just buy all physical copies of your games, that way you don't need to worry about DRM.

Just being a thug doesn't confirm or justify a Superbowl. I mean if it did than the Raiders would never lose a game.
You're right but when combined with another 9-7 season, you never know what can happen!

And you Barnwell apologists sicken me! He is a fat fuck and I hate "analytics" in sports. Use your goddamn eyes and brain instead of pretending to be statistician.
The use of the eyes and brains can't explain your love of Tebow, bionic.

squicken

I 'm not a huge fan of them either, but you can't ignore them. Baseball is now forever changed /c of it. There really aren't any interesting debates anymore for that sport other than how many times Ryan Braun will get away with cheating.

I'm glad that football will forever be too hard to really nail down with stats. But being aware of what is luck and what isn't makes for good reading.

Fantomex

Its not that I would be buying 1. I would be buying 2. I'm thinking as a 5th anniversary gift the get me and my gf a 3ds or vita together. I still don't know what system to pick but I am leaning towards the 3DS because of her love of pokemon but the vita has Persona 4 and the show.

Even though you're a Jets fan, my distaste for you only goes so far. Why in the world would you get a Vita at this point? Please get a 3ds, the future for the 3ds is very bright. The Vita is 2 years and 1 price drop away from being somewhat relevant again. She would probably enjoy the 3ds library a lot more too. And it's only going to get better.

bionic77

You're right but when combined with another 9-7 season, you never know what can happen!
I am glad that at least Giant fans get it!

Being shit in the regular season and barely making the playoffs seems to be the best indicator of who is going to win the Superbowl these days. And along the way you have to lose a handful of games where for moments your team looks like it is the worst in the league.

And you definitely don't want home field at all if possible, but definitely not past the wild card game!
The use of the eyes and brains can't explain your love of Tebow, bionic.
They don't?

TebowinRain.GIF + Tebowgamewinningthrow.GIF

Draxal

I think saber metrics don't work in football as the sample size is too small and there's too much uncontrollable variance.

However, the 49ers had barely any injuries for two seasons in a row which is extremely rare, and he was basing the regression on injuries.

He was a pretty great tight end. It almost makes me sad to see his career cut so short.

Why you gotta be mean again, man?

I'm not telling you how Tanny is a bust am I? Or how Mike Wallace is a money grabbing whore who wants to enjoy the South Beach lifestyle more than anything else? Or tell you stories about whatever other FA you overpayed like crazy for ?

No.

I'm just here showing my love for Gronk.

2012-12-30-rob-gronkowski-4_3_rx404_c534x401.jpg

Can't wait for him to show all you assholes wrong next season.

bionic77

I think saber metrics don't work in football as the sample size is too small and there's too much uncontrollable variance.

However, the 49ers had barely any injuries for two seasons in a row which is extremely rare, and he was basing the regression on injuries.
Considering that for the past 5+seasons almost every team that won the Superbowl was garbage for 16 regular season games and most barely got into the playoffs (needing serious help along the way) I don't any of those stats mean shit.

Tell me who predicted the Ravens to win it all last year or almost any of the teams that won it all AFTER the regular season had ended and they had as much statistically information as they were going to get.

Why you gotta be mean again, man?

I'm not telling you how Tanny is a bust am I? Or how Mike Wallace is a money grabbing whore who wants to enjoy the South Beach lifestyle more than anything else? Or tell you stories about whatever other FA you overpayed like crazy for ?

No.

I'm just here showing my love for Gronk.

Can't wait for him to show all you assholes wrong next season.
I'm not trying to be mean, I think it's cool that you show so much respect for such a talented player. Seriously, RIP Gronk, and I really mean that.

And Mike Wallace is a true, natural born leader. A leader, I tell you!

Buy kokuga and the fire emblem amt dlc with the credits.
Kokuga? Hmm... I haven't heard of that one but I was definitely thinking about picking up some of that FE DLC!

I'm not trying to be mean, I think it's cool that you show so much respect for such a talented player. Seriously, RIP Gronk, and I really mean that.

And Mike Wallace is a true, natural born leader. A leader, I tell you!

Smh

Say RIP Gronk one more time and I will get a connecting flight in Virginia just to punch you in the junk.

Smh

Say RIP Gronk one more time and I will get a connecting flight in Virginia just to punch you in the junk.
I don't know why you're assaulting me for trying to show some respect to the recently deceased but I guess I'll just chalk it up to cultural differences. Please accept this pug picture as a symbol of my deep regret:

l-Pug-thug.jpg

Fox318

edit: Fox only a moran wouldn't get a 3DS. Get a 3DS and just buy all physical copies of your games, that way you don't need to worry about DRM.

Is there any good online co-op games on 3ds?

squicken

Were the Patriots' players using Hernandez's apartment like the Cowboys were with Irvin's "White House" in the 90s?

The affidavit that details Carlos Ortiz’s comments to police regarding the murder of Odin Lloyd touches on another important fact.

Ortiz told police about the separate apartment Aaron Hernandez kept, in the general vicinity of his $1.3 million home. In the affidavit, Ortiz is characterized as telling investigators “other football players” used the apartment.

Our buddy Tom Curran of CSN New England wonders whether these “other football players” could include Patriots players, who could be questioned about their possible use of the apartment, and their knowledge about the things that were stored there.

Given that police found ammunition in the apartment, things could get awkward quickly for the organization (or, as the case may be, more awkward) if one or more other members of the team knew about Hernandez possessing ammunition and, necessarily, guns.

That’s not to say that, if they knew, they should have told the team or anyone else about it. The point is that, if there’s any evidence players other than Hernandez knew about ammunition being stored at a previously unknown apartment, it’s just not a good look for the organization.

All I wanna say is fuck you Aaron Hernandez, for dragging us down in this fucking hellhole you created. Great way to say thank you, you fucking thug.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That Jason Whitlock thread had me reading an article he wrote after Aaron Hernandez' arrest and apparently he threatened Wes Welker:

Hernandez did not hide who he was. He reportedly threatened Wes Welker. Matt Light, a former Patriot, made it clear in a newspaper interview he could easily see Hernandez’s character flaws.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...gang-drug-culture-pervasive-in-society-070113

Wonder what what Welker did to piss off Hernandez. Leaving New England probably saved his life.

bionic77

Brady is the mastermind.
I think my credentials hating on Brady speak for themselves so I can say with confidence and without any bias that Brady is way too big of a pussy to get involved in that kind of thug life.

If Hernandez was storing yoga pants or having wine tastings then yeah I am sure Brady is all in, but I can't see him going to some dump to store his guns. I am sure Tammy just gets some bodyguards instead. Hell if there were no guards around and shit got real I don't think anyone would be surprised if Gisselle was the one who took over while Tom hid behind a bush with the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom