• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

poor texan fans

all they can do is root for other teams to get worse, since their team's certainly not getting any better with schoob at the helm.

Enjoy 6-10!

Bad list. Broncos should be #1. Peyton isn't getting any younger and when he leaves the Broncos are back to square one. Eli and Ben are both younger and can quickly be built around if need be but the Broncos are in full blown rebuild mode when Peyton is done.

Bowser

Yeah. The evidence was really flimsy...

tumblr_lhg9infGkW1qa5jk6.jpg

Don't y'all gotta go pull Roofles off another cow in a backwater Georgia bathroom?

bionic77

Enjoy 6-10!

Bad list. Broncos should be #1. Peyton isn't getting any younger and when he leaves the Broncos are back to square one. Eli and Ben are both younger and can quickly be built around if need be but the Broncos are in full blown rebuild mode when Peyton is done.
Yeah I don't know how the Broncos are not no. 1 on that list either. Peyton can't have much time left to be a qb that can still contend. I mean physically he looked like shit last year. Mentally he is still one of the best of all time but eventually the body can't keep up,

Enjoy 6-10!

The rankings are who he thinks will fall off first. Broncos have at least one more good season with Manning as QB.

MechDX

The rankings are who he thinks will fall off first. Broncos have at least one more good season with Manning as QB.

As the season approaches, I thought I'd highlight each team facing something like a "now or never" situation in 2013. These are the contenders for whom time seems to be running out -- teams that have a chance to make noise this year, but face serious questions in 2014. These squads had better take advantage of what might be their last, best shot to win for some time, because storm clouds are gathering. Teams are arranged according to the likelihood that hard times will come in 2014.

Using his own criteria I would still put the Broncos #1. There are hits Ben and Eli could take this year and bounce back that would pretty much destroy Peyton. I would put them first

BTW, I miss Godslay :(

I have been out of the NFL, and major sports loops, but one of my coworkers said that the NFL is looking to have 18 game seasons and expand to London, LA, and possibly a couple of new cities bringing the total to 36-40 teams. I can't imagine how hard the logistics would be to manage a 40 team league or to have a team in another continent. Goodel did say he wants the league to be making revenue of $25 billion by 2027 so those things are feasible, I guess.

MechDX

I have been out of the NFL, and major sports loops, but one of my coworkers said that the NFL is looking to have 18 game seasons and expand to London, LA, and possibly a couple of new cities bringing the total to 36-40 teams. I can't imagine how hard the logistics would be to manage a 40 team league or to have a team in another continent. Goodel did say he wants the league to be making revenue of $25 billion by 2027 so those things are feasible, I guess.

First post in NFL then banned? jnc

I get the argument for the Steelers, but I agree with everyone else--Broncos need to be number 1.

I also foresee the Giants doing well over the next 5 years. Not sure if it's "now or never" for them.

I just can't agree with the Steelers or Giants. They have aging talent and these teams won't last long, but if there are two teams in the league who know how to reload on the fly, it's them.

Broncos I agree with, for Peyton yes, but also because I still don't think we know what kind of talent evaluator Elway is long term.

Tom Penny

It's going to be great when Arrington has to play outside CB because Dennard is another idiot. I'd much prefer Mccourty to move back to that spot.

Striker

Agree with him about the state of the OL and Webster (depth there is old, needs Hosley to step up). But on the defensive line he lists Tuck and Kiwanuka, but they still have young guys like JPP and Damontre Moore. The TE situation is fine, Coach Pope's gone through Kevin Boss, Jake Ballard, and Marty Bennett. Curious to see how he'll do with Brandon Myers and last year's #4 round pick Adrien Robinson. It's not a dreadful spot to be in as Gil hints at.

Bread

Banned
It's going to be great when Arrington has to play outside CB because Dennard is another idiot. I'd much prefer Mccourty to move back to that spot.
McCourty is so much better at safety, but for some reason Belichick prefers to draft safeties when outside corner is our biggest weakness. Hopefully Talib can stay healthy for the whole season...

Bread

Banned
ok gaf, you win.

i got a 3dsxl. but fuck your fire emblem and shin tsunami shit i got super mario 3d land and mario kart 7.

Fantomex

Pacific Rim at 7 pm tonight.

tumblr_m0utl8Giac1r5jtugo1_500.gif

ok gaf, you win.

i got a 3dsxl. but fuck your fire emblem and shin tsunami shit i got super mario 3d land and mario kart 7.

Them some good games. You'll eventually bite on SMT and Fire Emblem though. Oh yes you will.

Agree with him about the state of the OL and Webster (depth there is old, needs Hosley to step up). But on the defensive line he lists Tuck and Kiwanuka, but they still have young guys like JPP and Damontre Moore. The TE situation is fine, Coach Pope's gone through Kevin Boss, Jake Ballard, and Marty Bennett. Curious to see how he'll do with Brandon Myers and last year's #4 round pick Adrien Robinson. It's not a dreadful spot to be in as Gil hints at.
Agreed. TE has been a revolving door for awhile and Pope always gets production out of the players they give him so it's less of a concern than he makes it out to be. There's young unproven guys on the defensive line (outside of JPP) but he isn't wrong about Tuck and Kiwi. Still, Reese has done an admirable job of getting guys lined up. We just drafted Moore. Adrian Tracy has been developing and Ojomo had injuries slow him down after a good pre-season last year. We'll see what they have if JPP does miss time early on after the back surgery.

In the end the offense line and cornerback are the two pain points right now that will need help. Hosely is about it from a young depth standpoint at corner. We'll have some turnover at Safety next year as well. Snee and Rolle won't be on the roster at 9 and 9.5 million next year. They'll either take a Webster like pay cut or get cut. Stevie Brown will be an FA and will want a contract if he plays like he did last year.

We'll see a lot of contract "fat" getting cut down after this season. Eli will likely get an extension next season to drop his cap number, too. 33 years young for Eli at that point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom