• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a drink.
I'm currently loading up on coffee. Staying up late playing The Last of Us multiplayer may not have been the best decision.

I need 20.
Today's your last day right? Hope you do well on your exams, buddy.

In other news, Philip Wheeler is showing signs of "any team but the Raiders is the best ever":

“We have a fast offense, man. We have playmakers at receiver. Any one of those guys can break it open at anytime. We have a young quarterback, but he’s out there playing like a veteran. We have a big offensive line and we can run the power game, spread them out. We can do whatever. Our tight end, we’ve got some of the best tight ends in the game,"

I'm currently loading up on coffee. Staying up late playing The Last of Us multiplayer may not have been the best decision.

Today's your last day right? Hope you do well on your exams, buddy.

In other news, Philip Wheeler is showing signs of "any team but the Raiders is the best ever":

Had 1 this morning that went well, but the gap to the second one was 7 hours...So now I still have to wait for 3.5 hours.

That is many.

Edit: Oh, GL on your exams bud.

Thanks

I miss exams and school.

You good at math ? Wanna take it for me ?

bionic77

Had 1 this morning that went well, but the gap to the second one was 7 hours...So now I still have to wait for 3.5 hours.

Thanks

You good at math ? Wanna take it for me ?
I used to be great at math. But that is something you stop using after school so I don't remember shit.

Spades

I really wish it wasn't so difficult to buy some NFL clothing in the UK. I want some new Dolphins t-shirts for my vacation. :(

I used to be great at math. But that is something you stop using after school so I don't remember shit.
That is the truth. I took some pretty tough math and physics classes in college (multivariable calc, differential equations, statics, dynamics, deforms) and I swear 90% of it has completely left me. It's crazy how fast you forget the stuff you don't use.

Probably because school math is nothing like real life math.
Also because there are computer programs that do almost all the hard stuff (that's actually practical) for you. :)

Spades

NFL has got a Euro shop, in the UK of course so you should be fine. Unless you're looking for some rare stuff you should be fine:

http://europe.nflshop.com/stores/nfl/default.aspx

Edit: Jersey selection is a bit meh, you're right :(

Dude, the European shop is AWFUL. Total waste of time.

I've ordered from the main US NFL shop a few times and it takes ages, has high shipping costs (plus we have to pay import duty on top).

It's so frustrating as there are literally no other options for NFL merchandise outside of the US.

Wrayfield

Dude, the European shop is AWFUL. Total waste of time.

I've ordered from the main US NFL shop a few times and it takes ages, has high shipping costs (plus we have to pay import duty on top).

It's so frustrating as there are literally no other options for NFL merchandise outside of the US.

:(

You can always ask Dutch to get you something on his trip, I'm sure he'd be proud to buy a Fins jersey. Or he could ask Kaepernick for a Dolphins hat when he's in SF.

bionic77

Probably because school math is nothing like real life math.
Statistics can be useful but most people are too dumb to use it and admittedly it was boring as fuck to learn in college and grad school.

Still math for the most part is useless for most people. If you are an engineer or involved in finance or accounting then obviously it is and can be very important but for most people it doesn't mean shit.

The same applies for most things you learn in school. I think your reading comprehension and ability to write (and speak) are the most important skills you pick up in school for most jobs. It's depressing seeing the writing of many new attorneys. I will definitively work on these skills with my kids. Though grammar is almost as boring as baseball. Almost...

Spades

:(

You can always ask Dutch to get you something on his trip, I'm sure he'd be proud to buy a Fins jersey. Or he could ask Kaepernick for a Dolphins hat when he's in SF.

The stupid thing, logistically there is no reason why the European store shouldn't offer the same range of products as the US store. So frustrating.

We should play sometime!
Sounds good to me! I basically never play unless a friend is available because of how team-based the MP is. The more the merrier.

Statistics can be useful but most people are too dumb to use it and admittedly it was boring as fuck to learn in college and grad school.

Still math for the most part is useless for most people. If you are an engineer or involved in finance or accounting then obviously it is and can be very important but for most people it doesn't mean shit.

The same applies for most things you learn in school. I think your reading comprehension and ability to write (and speak) are the most important skills you pick up in school for most jobs. It's depressing seeing the writing of many new attorneys. I will definitively work on these skills with my kids. Though grammar is almost as boring as baseball. Almost...
Statistics is fake math.

Basic mathematic and physics principles are important to know in my particular field of engineering but like I said earlier there are computer programs that do most of the complex stuff for you. If it's something that had to be done ten thousand times before then someone probably got the bright idea of writing a program to do it for them.

But yeah, most people won't use even the most basic math once they're done with school. It's a shame though because math is great! Unlike stupid stuff like english papers or history reports there is nothing subjective about it; you're either right or wrong.

Even as an engineer though I'd say the most important skills you can have are communication skills and the ability to think critically. In the real world you have to work with other people a lot unless you are pigeonholed into a very specific job that doesn't require much human interaction. Also, your education will only get you so far. I feel like I've learned infinitely more valuable things in the few years I've had working than in my time in school. It's all about practical knowledge it seems, and most of that stuff just comes with experience.

My problem is I suck at retaining stuff!

MechDX

I got MK: Shaolin Monks and NHL Hitz 20-03 for the OG Xbox yesterday for $4 each. Forgot how much fun Shaolin Monks was!

cashman

Banned
What did you buy?

I want to buy L4D 1&2 but waiting to see if it drops below $5.

L4D2
Bastion
Hotline Miami
Civ 5 Gold Edition

and I guess Paths of Exile was free anyways.

Only game I've really played so far is Hotline Miami and I'm having a pretty good time with that.

I got really close to picking up Antichamber and/or Dragon Age: Origins yesterday but I held off. Any opinions on either of those?
Origins is great. It has balance issues but it's a nice throwback to the Baldur's Gate games of old. One of the better Bioware games. Stay far far away from the sequel.

Origins is great. It has balance issues but it's a nice throwback to the Baldur's Gate games of old. One of the better Bioware games. Stay far far away from the sequel.
Yeah, everything I heard about DAII was so negative it kind of killed my interest in the entire series, haha. I just checked DA:O and it looks like the daily deal is over... Not sure if I'll pull the trigger now or not.

Greg

It's 330am in that shit state of yours. Quit selling drugs.

I will never go to Ohio.
I wouldn't be a poor if I sold drugs.

I know you want to come to this great state!

I need 20.
good luck on your exam

imagine you're shirtless and all the answer will come to you

Greetings you fine fellows!
yoyoyo

stats was the most boring class in college

and I took a class about old people, so that's saying a lot

He got a degree in being awesome.

I'm gonna get Gronked out of my mind tonight and Gronk the first girl I see. I'm gonna Gronk out with my Gronk out.

GRONK GRONK

also, Dennard side of story:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
Details from someone who heard Alfonzo Dennard's side of his arrest: He attempted to blow for breathalyzer twice. Told he was below limit...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
More Dennard: Officer told him he hadn't blown hard enough, thus the did not comply designation. He was not asked to take a blood test.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
More Dennard: He took a field sobriety test, was told it did not indicate inebriation. His report says he took 1, not that he failed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom