• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

xb08wlz.png

hmm...

bionic77

I wouldn't be a poor if I sold drugs.

I know you want to come to this great state!

good luck on your exam

imagine you're shirtless and all the answer will come to you

yoyoyo

stats was the most boring class in college

and I took a class about old people, so that's saying a lot
Yeah it is boring but for most people it is math that can be useful for your job (outside of the shit you leaned in elementary school, which you can do on your calculator).

It's hard as fuck to teach too. Everything I learned and forgot on stats I pretty much learned by myself by reading the text and going through the problem sets.

Greg

Yeah it is boring but for most people it is math that can be useful for your job (outside of the shit you leaned in elementary school, which you can do on your calculator).

It's hard as fuck to teach too. Everything I learned and forgot on stats I pretty much learned by myself by reading the text and going through the problem sets.
I hate when they bullshit you with all these formulas for a bunch of weeks, but if you really cared you could type it into some stats software

bionic77

I hate when they bullshit you with all these formulas for a bunch of weeks, but if you really cared you could type it into some stats software
It's all in the formula. Coming up with a good one is the hard part of stats (assuming you have the data to support it). But you can do really interesting stuff with stats and probability. But in the hands or retards and sports analysts it can be pretty worthless.

Nakazato

Well NFL-Gaf after seeing that Browns post. My uncle has throat cancer and liver issues and he's a browns fan. He told me about 2 months ago he'd be dead before the browns win a superbowl or The Ohio state University will win another NC. I hope he can at least see one of these things before its to late. :\

That Story hit way to close to home.

RBH

Well NFL-Gaf after seeing that Browns post. My uncle has throat cancer and liver issues and he's a browns fan. He told me about 2 months ago he'd be dead before the browns win a superbowl or The Ohio state University will win another NC. I hope he can at least see one of these things before its to late. :\

I'm sorry to hear that.

You guys ready for Lamar Miller to tear the league up this season?

w3eyN.Em.56.jpeg

So this is what your new Dolphins starting running back is doing while much of the NFL vacations:

Running. Lifting. Squatting. Sled-pulling. Pushing to validate every ounce of faith the Dolphins have placed in their gifted young back.

What makes the monotonous grind more pleasurable for Lamar Miller is that he is doing it alongside his friend and fellow Hurricane, Frank Gore.

“The way Lamar is learning from Frank, it’s a beautiful thing,” Steelers linebacker Sean Spence, another former Cane, said this week.

“Since Lamar started gravitating toward Frank, his work ethic and mentality are unparalleled,” said Pete Bommarito, who runs the highly-regarded Bommarito Performance Systems, where Gore, Miller and many other NFL players train during offseason mornings.

Gore has noticed another change since they became workout buddies: “His footwork got a lot better."

Privately, the Dolphins believe Miller can be not merely a good starting back, but a great one.

“He’s the fastest running back I’ve ever seen,” said Bommarito, who has trained dozens of them, including Maurice Jones-Drew.

What’s more, Miller said he’s even faster than the player who averaged 4.9 yards on 51 carries as a rookie.

“I’ve gotten quicker doing lateral work, and I’ve become more explosive by training every day doing squats on my legs,” he said.

“[And] I’m stronger. Last year, I was kind of lost getting adjusted to the speed of the game and knowing where I’m supposed to be at all times. Now I’m very comfortable with the system.”

“He’s just so smooth,” Matt Moore said. "As shifty as Lamar is, he's more of a downhill guy than Reggie. His nature is to go north and south.... You can see during walkthroughs that his leadership has stepped up. He has grabbed it."

Brian Hartline jokes he has a “man crush” on Miller, while also expressing affection for backup Daniel Thomas.

“And he’s a good kid,” Gore said. “We motivate each other.”
Preseason hype train in full effect! Hop on or get run over, Fantomex! You too, Spades!

315693240-14124846.jpg

More or less than 1800 yards?
Hmm, assuming no injuries I'd say a safer over/under is somewhere in the 2000 neighborhood. As the eternal optimist I'll go with over, of course.

Seriously though, I'm hoping for 1000. If not then I think you could say letting Reggie go was a little premature (or Jonathan Martin sucks as a LT, but we both know that's too remote a possibility to rationally consider).

Wrayfield

You guys ready for Lamar Miller to tear the league up this season?

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/05/29/20/22/w3eyN.Em.56.jpeg[img]

Preseason hype train in full effect! Hop on or get run over, Fantomex! You too, Spades!

[img]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2012-02/315693240-14124846.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Great stuff. Hope the line can actually block.

Great stuff. Hope the line can actually block.
I wasn't leaving you off the list, Wrayfield (just for the record), I just assumed you were the conductor on the hype train.

It would be pretty tragic if all the improved offensive weapons went to waste because of a bad o-line. It's definitely something that scares me but I'm hoping for the best.

Wrayfield

I wasn't leaving you off the list, Wrayfield (just for the record), I just assumed you were the conductor on the hype train.

It would be pretty tragic if all the improved offensive weapons went to waste because of a bad o-line. It's definitely something that scares me but I'm hoping for the best.

No worries :).

WedgeX

Banned

I feel for you. I posted earlier in the year about my step-uncle passing away from liver failure (among other things). His funeral was Lions attire, Gridiron Heroes was sung at the end. He never got to see a Superbowl win, but it was a great tribute.

ChanHuk

Banned
There was some Cambodian rapper on it too, its probably you.

No but I know the guy, they pronounced his name wrong and he didn't correct them. He and my uncle used to be gang bangers until they realized they were pansies or something.

California burrito? Fuck that french fries in shitty Messican food.

I have to work at 5am tomorrow ;-;

After the commercial break on Sportscenter I can finally hear what Welker has to say about Hernandez. Hopefully it's "I always knew that motherfucker was a murderer," otherwise what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom