• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT4| Fingers Crossed for a Homicide-Free July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleuin

You'll Be in it ibro. I'm pretty sure either Blackghost, Larry or Chan will succumb to Dutch's whining and crying about leaving the shirtless league.

I added Spades, and he never even asked to be in it, so that's probably available too :)
Its cool, depending on how much we betting I might not even be able to participate anyways lol

squicken

Manning Camp statement on Manziel

"Johnny Manziel did participate in some activities in the 2013 Manning Passing Academy as a college counselor/coach," the statement said. "After missing and being late for practice assignments, Johnny explained that he had been feeling ill. Consequently, we agreed that it was in everyone's best interest for him to go home a day early."

"I enjoyed meeting Johnny," said Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning "I can remember a 20-year-old Eli [Manning] missing a meeting and catching some flak. We always have counselors who leave early. Johnny was great with the campers for the time he was here. He had to leave early. I wish him the best and I want him to come back as a counselor next year."

ChanHuk

Banned
So Android factions are worse than Pats fans? Amazing.

They seem to have stopped poking at iOS users because iOS users simply don't give a fuck.

squicken

Its Peyton Manning, what do you expect him to say? Something other than a boy scout type quote?

I'm not defending JFF. He is a doucher and I hope he can stay sober and eligible though the bowl season. After that, he can go challenge Gronk for the STD and shirtless crown

MechDX

I'm not defending JFF. He is a doucher and I hope he can stay sober and eligible though the bowl season. After that, he can go challenge Gronk for the STD and shirtless crown

Sorry, my comment was more directed at Mortenson, ESPN and PFT.

Manziel is Leaf V2. He will either implodes this season or right after the draft. I think most teams will shy away from him though except for Bellichek since he is the smartest guy in the league right now.

squicken

Sorry, my comment was more directed at Mortenson, ESPN and PFT.

Manziel is Leaf V2. He will either implodes this season or right after the draft. I think most teams will shy away from him though except for Bellichek since he is the smartest guy in the league right now.

Yeah Mort is basically the press secretary to the Manning family, though to be fair he took a bit of a shot at JFF (probably at Peyton's behest)

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Manning Passing Aacdemy is a true working camp for 1,200 campers & all the staff. Like any job, they count on people to do their jobs

squicken

This Manning camp seems like the ultimate bro convention

BO8gJLsCQAAeXHp.jpg

cajunator

Banned
it's fun to watch peasants argue when everyone knows the iPhone is only choice

Apparently it isnt the only choice.
for one thing it has a lot of limitations and I wasnt fond of that. The iphone feels like it is hamstrung by apples stubborn policies.
its unfortunate.

ChanHuk

Banned
for one thing it has a lot of limitations and I wasnt fond of that. The iphone feels like it is hamstrung by apples stubborn policies.
its unfortunate.

If the limitations are bothering you, you have too much time on your hands. I use my phone for PHONE, email/text, browsing and some apps. Never became an issue.

squicken

for kas, not sure if this was posted

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Of college QBs who have worked Manning Passing Academy, the one who jumped out to Peyton as "obvious" special talent was Matthew Stafford.

Every QB gets blamed for the failings of the team. There will always be an outlier, and it could just be Rodgers that will be that guy. I linked the wrong article, which was from last year. This one is from this year

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1685019-where-can-the-green-bay-packers-improve-most-in-2013

Same author but BR warning and all that
Rodgers sucks, team is doomed. Doesn't matter anyway, this year is a rebuilding year!
We'll probably still win the division!

More to the point, McCarthy is horrible on game day, and that includes in-game adjustments (especially in-game adjustments). After having watched him coach the Packers for 7 seasons, I'm prepared to call this a fact. So to quote stats that say the Packers don't come back -- well, they consistently get worse as the game goes on. I would argue that coming back to win games late is fairly unlikely given that characteristic.

Blaming it on Rodgers is ok with me, since it's a slight against him and he seems to react well to those. But it has very little to do with Rodgers. (not to say he's entirely impervious to blame. He's been inconsistent when the chips are down.)

cajunator

Banned
If the limitations are bothering you, you have too much time on your hands. I use my phone for PHONE, email/text, browsing and some apps. Never became an issue.

I often have 7 days straight of off time where I do next to nothing most of the time.
also its not about whethrr or not something is an issue, its personal preference. I cant stand using IOs. It simply comes down to that. Some people like it, I get bored of it.

squicken

Been catching up on my football reading this weekend. Intesresting info on the Redskins reliance on play action passing, and pretty insane checking down on 3rd down. Shanny clearly wasn't confident in straight drop backs in obvious passing situations.

Griffin only had 47 conversions on third down (35 passing, 12 rushing). His 32.64 conversion rate is not up to par at all. Andrew Luck was great on third down last year while Wilson came on strong in the second half.

The “%Cmp1D” is the percentage of completions on third down that resulted in a first down. Griffin’s 56.5 percent is the worst I have seen in over 100 different seasons from some of today’s best quarterbacks.

Griffin had 27 completions on third down that did not pick up a first down. That’s considered a failed completion, and it’s a high total for someone with just 62 completions on third down.

This is why Griffin’s 93.9 passer rating on third down is irrelevant. He padded his numbers with insignificant gains and did not move the chains enough. The conversion rate is what matters.

What Griffin’s passing stats on each down do show is something rather remarkable. On first, second and fourth down, Griffin averaged an incredible 8.98 yards per attempt on passes. Though, on third down, that number shriveled up to just 5.84. That’s the statistical proof of Washington’s reliance on play action.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Been catching up on my football reading this weekend. Intesresting info on the Redskins reliance on play action passing, and pretty insane checking down on 3rd down. Shanny clearly wasn't confident in straight drop backs in obvious passing situations.

But all the 'Skin fans told me that the running game doesn't matter and that RG3 is the best qb to ever burst onto the league. Who am I to believe anymore?

Is there a link to that article?

Lunchbox

Banned
its unfortunate.

do you also argue with your mechanic why you cant put in 10$ walmart filters on your mercedes? "why so many limitations!?"

the iphone is the height of cell phones, the standard. it defines how far we have come with sophisticated tech in a tasteful and classy package. the hamstrings you talk about are features apple put in to keep the phone pure and classy preventing you to bling its home screen with gawdy emblems, gang signs and sparkly texts like trashy androids and so you cant pirate the biggest and highest quality application library available in a mobile platform, the iOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr1s_B0zqX0

bionic77

There is not a big difference between iPhone and Android phones angmore. When the 4 came out 3 years ago Android was complete garbage compared to the iPhone and the only advantage it had was large screen size.

Google caught up though and now pretty much all the phones work. But the pace of innovation has slowed as well. Not as much of a reason to upgrade as often as before.

eznark

Banned
Lunchbox explaining that he is both tasteless and classless and thus needs Apple to provide those things for him is really a thread highlight this week.

If you have used iOS 7 and still think its the best out there, you are a fucking dumbass.

cajunator

Banned
do you also argue with your mechanic why you cant put in 10$ walmart filters on your mercedes? "why so many limitations!?"

the iphone is the height of cell phones, the standard. it defines how far we have come with sophisticated tech in a tasteful and classy package. the hamstrings you talk about are features apple put in to keep the phone pure and classy preventing you to bling its home screen with gawdy emblems, gang signs and sparkly texts like trashy androids and so you cant pirate the biggest and highest quality application library available in a mobile platform, the iOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr1s_B0zqX0

Lunchbox youre alright but occasionally really full of shit.
I think its something in the Boston water.

Spinluck

Good for you. But I don't see you getting overly emotional about your phone versus another phone that is mostly the same.

I really hate phone wars more than anything else these days. I can't think of anything that could label you a bitch more other than having a giant tattoo saying bitch on your face.

This might be because I am old but I find it beyond pathetic. It's even worse than being a Jets fan.

I've had an S3 since last year. Totally content with it.

The superiority complex surrounding phone wars are passing console wars levels.

lololollllllllll

Ya'll should stay the fuck away from Austin Collie, unless you can get him for free, or get permission from the league to allow a WR to run routes in a wheelchair.

Lunchbox

Banned
Lunchbox explaining that he is both tasteless and classless and thus needs Apple to provide those things for him is really a thread highlight this week.

If you have used iOS 7 and still think its the best out there, you are a fucking dumbass.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616741

when "is it on android too?" "android port please" posts stop appearing on iOS app threads you might have a point.

until then keep using your cheap shitty platform with an ipad sized screen and a marketplace with no software run by a bunch of pirates and leave premium products alone

You guys still down with doing a pre-training camp assessment of your teams? Thinking of starting it tomorrow and running it through the week then compiling it for one big post.

eznark

Banned
I think ez has a iPhone and keep that phone wars shit out of here guys.

Only poors have one phone. I have an iPhone and an S3, will be getting the King of Phones HTC One ASAP.

I don't think there are any apps that adults want on android that are apple exclusives. Maybe that candy crush game or whatever kiddie/pedo games are popular on Apple are exclusives. No idea since I don't touch kids.

When dd you become a mod bionic?

Spades

The Degenerate League

1.Fantomex
2.Jabee
3.Spades
4.Focker
5.YankeeHater
6.YankeeHaters Wife
7.BlackGhost
8.Bishman

4 Spots open for the worst, lowlife, drunkard league on Gaf lol

You can use the rights to my league name Bishman.

When/how are we drafting?

Greg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616741

when "is it on android too?" "android port please" posts stop appearing on iOS app threads you might have a point.

until then keep using your cheap shitty platform with an ipad sized screen and a marketplace with no software run by a bunch of pirates and leave premium products alone
I have a flip phone with texting capabilities, a stopwatch, and a timed demo of Block Breaker 2.

Enjoy your touch screen - my 1.8-inch color display is free of your filthy fingerprints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom