• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnipx

He's a 6'1" 4-3 DE. He is a day 3 pick. Not like he's a first round talent that someone will pick up cheap in the 5th b/c the rest of the league hates the gays

Well in retrospect of course I love the trade. He sucks and you got a first for a bust. But the players brought it up after Chud got fired. Good point about winning the next couple of games, though. Hard to say. It clearly weighed on their thoughts but didn't have any sort of immediate impact

Kerry had a good career. Crazy he wasn't picked up given the lack of safety talent in the league. We signed Michael fucking huff and cut him after 1 game rather than give him a chance.

No coincidence his lack of free agent interest came at the height of his gay rumors.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
GracieGold11.jpg

Now this I can get behind!

DMczaf

Defensive Tackle of the Year - Gerald McCoy, Buccaneers.

Ndamukong Suh was chosen one pick earlier than Gerald McCoy in the 2010 NFL Draft. Suh gets all of the acclaim, and yet McCoy has been the better player when healthy. Despite not playing with someone on the line as good as Nick Fairley, McCoy was extremely dominant, accumulating 9.5 sacks and stuffing the run very effectively.

4-3 Outside Linebacker of the Year - Lavonte David, Buccaneers.

The Buccaneers had thier issues throughout the year, but outside of Gerald McCoy, the one constant bright spot was Lavonte David, who emerged as the top 4-3 outside linebacker in the NFL. It helped that Von Miller was out for half the season, but David posted 145 tackles, six sacks and five interceptions. He also broke up nine passes. David was strong in run support and pass coverage.

ibc7McygixC2fP.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Now this I can get behind!

Most figure skaters are flat as a board though and often way too skinny. Though I suppose that Canadian figure skater that's gone on the last few nights looks like she has at least some curves from the waist down.

DMczaf

Amazon shipped my Bravely Default CE in a god damn bubble mailer, needless to say it was damaged in transit.

Talked to them and they gave me a full refund. Amazon da goat

XiaNaphryz

Amazon shipped my Bravely Default CE in a god damn bubble mailer, needless to say it was damaged in transit.

Talked to them and they gave me a full refund. Amazon da goat

The BD OT is full of people complaining about their CEs getting wrecked by Amazon.

Glad I missed out on when they had stock and went with Best Buy, they actually sent it in a much larger box, wrapped in plastic and surrounded by those puffy plastic cushion bag things.

DMczaf

The BD OT is full of people complaining about their CEs getting wrecked by Amazon.

Glad I missed out on when they had stock and went with Best Buy, they actually sent it in a much larger box, wrapped in plastic and surrounded by those puffy plastic cushion bag things.

It's so unlike Amazon to do this too. This feels like something Newegg would do (which they did to me before). I'm sure Amazon won't do it again with all these complaints and refunds.

JCizzle

It's so unlike Amazon to do this too. This feels like something Newegg would do (which they did to me before). I'm sure Amazon won't do it again with all these complaints and refunds.

IIRC they did it to my Shin Megami CE too, so it sounds like SOP for Amazon. Oh well.

XiaNaphryz

Yeah, I've gotten bubble mailers from them a bunch of times recently for regular games but for LE/CEs they usually shipped them in boxes. Dunno why they decided to cheap out this time. Granted, I haven't gotten a CE via Amazon for a long while, so maybe it's not a recent thing.

squicken

My God, True Detective is awesome. I always feel like the straight dude has the tougher role to play in these shows. It's easier I think to pull off a weirdo than it is the "normal" dude. We know what normal is, so we know when it looks wrong. The Rust character, how would we even know what is authentic?

XiaNaphryz

sp6MkmA.png

Previously, in NFL-GAF Prison Chronicles:

NFL-GAF Prison part 1.
NFL-GAF Prison part 2.
NFL-GAF Prison part 3.
NFL-GAF Prison part 4.
NFL-GAF Prison part 5.
NFL-GAF Prison part 6.
NFL-GAF Prison part 7.

As always, click on any image to get the full res screenshot.

-----

ACB won the vote handily, so we'll focus on continuing building out the cell block. So having received our daily funds, I queue up beds, toilets, and water pipes through a new set of cells.

Coldplay and Futurevoid end up having to wake up to use the toilet, but in doing so Greg and JABEE steal the beds.

Futurevoid is not pleased in losing his bed, and plots his revenge. Batman meanwhile appears to be infauated with Greg's cornrows.

The workers continue outfitting the cell rooms.

The noisy racket of the workers wake up Frankman and Doom, who are unable to continue sleeping.

In the meantime, the cooks are up early to prepare morning breakfast.

Showertime the next morning, noone in the holding cell group appears to trust anyone else after the night's previous shenanigans. Greg seems oblivious and showers, with Batman watching creepily close by.

Kave_Man has now gone without a shower for 5 straight days. DM for some reason doesn't feel like showering either at the moment.

Breakfast time. Plenty of bacon this time around for everyone.

In the meantime, Futurevoid's parents drop by for a visit.

The kitchen staff cleans up as everyone heads back to their cells, except for Futurevoid who heads to the visitation room.

Futurevoid's visit is cut short as he really needs to take a dump.

As the inmates head out during Free Time, DM decides to take his shower then alone.

The combination of Kave's daily weightlifting and not taking a shower must be combining into one amazingly strong smell of funk.

Buckethead goes for a round of pool solo as JABEE makes a phone call.

SpinDasher also decides to take a shower by himself in the much larger cell block shower.

Once Bucket leaves the room, JABEE sneaks in a game of his own.

With Kave's aura of funk moving off, Futurevoid and Batman decide to lift some weights.

Meanwhile, Bucket and Coldplay conspire in the holding cell.

Yard time, and this time around it looks like everyone's a bit more social than the previous day. Frankman opts to stay close to the door though, as usual.

Sometime later, SpinDasher's family shows up for a visit.

SpinDasher goes off to meet them as everyone else heads to dinner.

In the meantime, two cells are finished off meaning two of the prisoners in the holding cell can transfer into their own cells sometime later.

Spin's family heads out as dinner service wraps up.

Futurevoid is starting to get really pissed off due to the lack of sleep. He'll have a much better chance of getting a bed with two of the other inmates in the holding cell getting trasnferred.

Frankman decides to get some sleep early.

Over in the holding cell, Buckethead manages to get the same bed again while Futurevoid and Batman snag the others.

Greg and SpinDasher meanwhile enjoy their privacy. In the meantime, we have more funds and we queue up finishing up more cells.

A few hours later, Batman and Futurevoid are woken up and transferred to new cells once the get completed. Workers continue filling out a few more cell rooms.

Buckethead wakes up to use the toilet only to find JABEE stealing his bed. Confused, he heads off to the other empty one.

-----

The last few cells should finish up soon, meaning a new batch of inmates should be arriving next post.

-----

Reminder - For anyone wanting to see the master list of who's in the game, who needs more in-depth prison bios, and info on how to get your name on the list or more info for your character, go to this post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96106213&postcount=15013

And as always, all images and posts are being archived here: https://xianaphryz.imgur.com

Tabris

Name: Tabris
Date of Birth: March 24th, 1976 (not my actual bday)
Gang: The Hermanos
Bio: I only follow the Hermanos gang, no matter what prison they play for. Hermanos 4 Life.
Body Type: Large Forehead, Ginger Hair, Freckles

jakncoke

Banned
What did he do?

Without looking at his post history, I can almost guarantee it was for his series of comments in this thread regarding Michael Sam announcement.

edit; looks like he double downed in a thread about it. after being banned as much as he has, not sure how he thought it was a good idea going down that path.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Without looking at his post history, I can almost guarantee it was for his series of comments in this thread regarding Michael Sam announcement.

edit; looks like he double downed in a thread about it. after being banned as much as he has, not sure how he thought it was a good idea going down that path.

I'm guessing some post of his was so bad it got erased, because his history just shows him saying he hopes the Bears take a 4th round projection as a first rounder. I really must be missing something if that's what caused a banning, but he probably made some joke that got erased.

Milchjon

Mumei's in the OT thread, but he wasn't as crass there as in here.

I also don't think he'd do a post that's so offensive it got deleted, he's too smart for that.

I assume it was the "Look at meeee" post in here.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wtf is Flappy Bird and why have there been like 5 threads in gaming about it the last few days?

Some guy stole a ton of art from Super Mario world, made a shitty iOS game with it and it unexpectedly got big. The creator got nervous that the attention was going to rouse Nintendo's lawyers so he took it down because the 50,000 bucks a day he was making off it was interfering with his life. AKA, oh shit, I didn't think my thievery was going to be noticed.

jakncoke

Banned
Some guy stole a ton of art from Super Mario world, made a shitty iOS game with it and it unexpectedly got big. The creator got nervous that the attention was going to rouse Nintendo's lawyers so he took it down because the 50,000 bucks a day he was making off it was interfering with his life. AKA, oh shit, I didn't think my thievery was going to be noticed.

50k a day? Thats like 3 times what Nintendo makes, they should hire him ;)

edit; interesting james white is related to santana and sinorice moss? reading through walterfootball rankings, seems they mention when a personal had a NFL relation. Like Bryn Renner dad punted for the packers in 86 and 87. Jordan Mathews is the cousin of Jerry Rice?

minx

Have to hold over at work now till noon. 42 hours worked since 6pm on Friday.

Dooonnntttt ccccaaaaarrrrreeeee.cutlerpic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom