• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

1NNo3j5.png

lol

Let's be honest here. Joe Banner has steered one shipwreck after another. He was the football authority. No one likes him. He can't draft for shit. And he fired a coach because of one disagreement over a personnel decision?

You can't operate like that. You have to be able to delegate responsibility to people that you feel can get the job done. When you start interfering and second-guessing from the CEO position, you burn any trust you have with Chud. You damage the respect players have for their coach.

These are things you don't do when you want to run a functionally sound organization. Banner is power-hungry and can never give an inch. He sabotaged his own team.

In a good organization that has principal actors who trust each other, the Trent Richardson trade would be understandable and honest communication would mitigate any kind of animosity. In an organization with a guy like Banner interfering with daily football operations, as a coach, you can't help but feel they are readying your neck for the guillotine. How do you successfully perform your job under those conditions and that level of scrutiny?

Banner didnt steer anything with the Eagles. He handled the cap and salary negotiations and made a few player moves like trading for Jason Peters. Eagles were always under the cap and never got stuck with an albatross contract while Banner was here. He is an abrasive person and he does rub people the wrong way, but who gives a fuck if he makes good decisions. This all strikes me as Haslam resented Banner being forced on him and so he waited until he had a reason to fire him. I really think the Browns are going to regret this.

I haven't checked today but some of you fools need to put your information in the NFL GAF doc. I know Bionic, EZ, and FMT all have a 3DS in the least.

So any of you guys start playing Bravely Default yet? It's WAY too easy to grind so I'm insanely overpowered for where I'm at and actually everywhere I go haha

Why are people saying Lombardi isn't a big loss? Seems most of the shitting on him has been based on his media reputation and not what he's done with the Browns.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Don't get me wrong, showing Lombardi the door was absolutely the right move. However, he should have been gone BEFORE hiring a coaching staff. Now you get another lame duck situation where the gm didn't hire the coach, so he'll get to hire a new one before he gets the boot, then the next gm will want a different coach, then the next coach will want another qb. Browns cycle, aka shame circle.
Hiring HC then GM worked for us!

squicken

Best Browns column I've read so far

Joe Banner is a cap guru. It's what he does. Or did. Michael Lombardi is an old-school Al Davis disciple: aggressive, outside-the-box, eager to pursue blue-chip talent. That's what he does. Or did. Haslam fired his executives for being too much like themselves.

Which might make a little sense, if he did not allow them to make a high-holy clusterhump of the coaching search first.

I haven't checked today but some of you fools need to put your information in the NFL GAF doc. I know Bionic, EZ, and FMT all have a 3DS in the least.

So any of you guys start playing Bravely Default yet? It's WAY too easy to grind so I'm insanely overpowered for where I'm at and actually everywhere I go haha

Starting it here soon. Need more 3DS friends. 0619-4526-7626

He wasn't a disaster, but for starters he brought in Davone Bess to be a perfectly mentally healthy, reliable, productive WR.

Wasn't he?

I know he flamed out and is off the team now, but the guy appeared to be the model of consistency in Miami. Didn't all of his indiscretions only come to light after the weed thing?

The Wide Receiver from the Packers with the broken leg is more of a head scratcher, then again that was obviously just a body.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Prison update later today, had to track down why it kept crashing bringing in the next batch of inmates. Something with Godslay's variables, should be fixed now.

I'll post my NID later. I'm living BD but haven't grinders much so I'm taking a beating

Talon

Wait, what NFL GAF Doc? For NIN IDs?

Eleuin

So Haslam couldn't have done this before the hiring of pettine?

Was pettine his doing in the first place? Im so confused lol

So Haslam couldn't have done this before the hiring of pettine?

Was pettine his doing in the first place? Im so confused lol

Yeah seems really odd that he had Banner and Lombardi conduct these shame interviews and then fires them after finding the guy he wanted to hire. Should have fired those guys right away and let Farmer find the coach that he wanted.

KingGondo

Banned
Screw you guys. Pettine will be the NFL's next great coach, and Farmer is the next Ozzie Newsome.

Browns are gonna get Bridgewater and Kelvin Benjamin and make the playoffs next year.

#BELIEVELAND

Screw you guys. Pettine will be the NFL's next great coach, and Farmer is the next Ozzie Newsome.

Browns are gonna get Bridgewater and Kelvin Benjamin and make the playoffs next year.

#BELIEVELAND

He is gonna trade away the heart and soul of the team after badly overpaying an average at best QB?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LOL

Oh, this is just too good.

Quick preview of what the game generated for Cloudy:

Code:
        Shackled             true  
        Energy               81.0000  
        Category             Normal  
        BoilingPoint         96.2027  
        Gang.id              1  
        BEGIN Bio        
            Surname              Cloudy  
            Age                  22.0000  
            BodyType             2  
            BodyScale            1.10000  
            HeadType             Head2  
            Traits               Violent  
            Traits               Destructive  
            Traits               Theft  
            Traits               Narcotics  
            Traits               Controlling  
            Traits               Vehicular  
            Traits               Clever  
            Sentence             2  
            Served               0.113123  
            Parole               1  
            Nitg                 500017  
            SkinColour           0x9e6329ff  
[B]            BEGIN Convictions 
                Size                 2  
                BEGIN "[i 0]"      Crime Assault  Sentence 2  Plea true  Guilty true  END
                BEGIN "[i 1]"      Crime VideoGamePiracy  Sentence 2  Guilty true  Served true  END[/B]
            END
            BEGIN Family     
                Size                 2  
                BEGIN "[i 0]"      Type Mother  Age 53.0000  BodyType FemaleBody  HeadType FaceOldWoman1  BodyScale 1.01878  SkinColour 0x9e764fff  ClothingColour 0x754c24ff  END
                BEGIN "[i 1]"      Type Father  Age 41.0000  BodyType Prisoner2  HeadType FaceOldMan2  BodyScale 0.927804  SkinColour 0x9e642bff  ClothingColour 0x0a2859ff  END
            END
        END

Starting it here soon. Need more 3DS friends. 0619-4526-7626
I added you but as of last night, you hadn't added me yet.
I'll post my NID later. I'm living BD but haven't grinders much so I'm taking a beating
Excellent, I shall add you, brah. If you are struggling on a boss and want to cheese, you can summon me for 9,999 damage. I just learned that I have to use that sleep point feature to exceed that amount of damage so my next update will be even better.
Wait, what NFL GAF Doc? For NIN IDs?
All your gaming IDs are the ones you are willing to share. Go here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkWaZsCkhnvIdFV6TnBJWVFrSWx1TUJqX1JITmxjbEE&usp=sharing

This still needs to be added to the OP, Deacon

njean777

I was banned before the super bowl thread, and I just wanna say WTF Denver. I wanted you to win, but it seems the Broncos blazed it up before the game started. Shit was just straight boring. Oh and fuck the Seahawks.

LOL

Oh, this is just too good.

Quick preview of what the game generated for Cloudy:

Code:
        Shackled             true  
        Energy               81.0000  
        Category             Normal  
        BoilingPoint         96.2027  
        Gang.id              1  
        BEGIN Bio        
            Surname              Cloudy  
            Age                  22.0000  
            BodyType             2  
            BodyScale            1.10000  
            HeadType             Head2  
            Traits               Violent  
            Traits               Destructive  
            Traits               Theft  
            Traits               Narcotics  
            Traits               Controlling  
            Traits               Vehicular  
            Traits               Clever  
            Sentence             2  
            Served               0.113123  
            Parole               1  
            Nitg                 500017  
            SkinColour           0x9e6329ff  
[B]            BEGIN Convictions 
                Size                 2  
                BEGIN "[i 0]"      Crime Assault  Sentence 2  Plea true  Guilty true  END
                BEGIN "[i 1]"      Crime VideoGamePiracy  Sentence 2  Guilty true  Served true  END[/B]
            END
            BEGIN Family     
                Size                 2  
                BEGIN "[i 0]"      Type Mother  Age 53.0000  BodyType FemaleBody  HeadType FaceOldWoman1  BodyScale 1.01878  SkinColour 0x9e764fff  ClothingColour 0x754c24ff  END
                BEGIN "[i 1]"      Type Father  Age 41.0000  BodyType Prisoner2  HeadType FaceOldMan2  BodyScale 0.927804  SkinColour 0x9e642bff  ClothingColour 0x0a2859ff  END
            END
        END

What's the latest update on PrisonGAF?

watching that final season was one of the biggest mistakes i ever made, ruined my view on that show forever.
The show ended
when they killed Rita
I should have stopped then. After that it was just morbid curiosity and hope they went
full incest.

The next season should have been the last with Dexter going crazy, getting sloppy, and getting caught and shit going down.

But yeah, fuck them.

Not gonna read and try to respond to all the posts on the last couple pages cause I'd probably go super :kas and make myself crazy.

I think this tweet pretty much sums up most peoples reactions here.
PatMcManamon ‏ @ PatMcManamon3m Odd, national perception of these moves are more turmoil. Local perception is “thank goodness.” Opposite of move with coach. # Browns
...ok time for me to go back and hide in my cave....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom