• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Not gonna read and try to respond to all the posts on the last couple pages cause I'd probably go super :kas and make myself crazy.

I think this tweet pretty much sums up most peoples reactions here.

...ok time for me to go back and hide in my cave....

Naah stay out here with me.

Things have been good out here.

Harlem+Shake+Black+Edition+.+swag+win_63a536_4428685.gif

JABEE

Banner didnt steer anything with the Eagles. He handled the cap and salary negotiations and made a few player moves like trading for Jason Peters. Eagles were always under the cap and never got stuck with an albatross contract while Banner was here. He is an abrasive person and he does rub people the wrong way, but who gives a fuck if he makes good decisions. This all strikes me as Haslam resented Banner being forced on him and so he waited until he had a reason to fire him. I really think the Browns are going to regret this.

Banner was also responsible for hiring a coach to fire him. Banner inflexibility was also responsible for the Eagles never having talent at WR when it was clear the Eagles needed those players.

When Banner is just doing his job, he is fine, but Browns fans were saying he was interfering with personnel decisions.

Been gone all day, watching these press conferences.

Ppl seem to think we have a better chance of keeping Mack now
Edit: think it's becoming alittle more clear that Jimmy wanted to pull the trigger on Pettine, and he's his guy.

squicken

I wasn't mocking you, I was just saying I could see that happening.

I agree. I think Haslam will have to be patient now. I don't really know anything about Farmer, though it is concerning his background is pro personnel and not college scouting with the draft coming up. They have to NAIL the draft.

I am a big fan of Pettine. I expect their defense to be very good this year. QB is of course is huge, and how flexible Pettine is w/letting Kyle be aggressive

And the Browns cycle begins.
Come at me.
I agree. I think Haslam will have to be patient now. I don't really know anything about Farmer, though it is concerning his background is pro personnel and not college scouting with the draft coming up. They have to NAIL the draft.

I am a big fan of Pettine. I expect their defense to be very good this year. QB is of course is huge, and how flexible Pettine is w/letting Kyle be aggressive
I'm a fan of Farmer, I feared losing him to the Phins. I remember Farmer from his time on the chiefs in Hard Knocks.

Sigh.. yup. That moment when you realize most of the atheletes you're watching are younger than you.

=*(
Wait until they're all younger than you. Wait until one of the guys you watched growing up is now coaching. Wait until one of your favorite player's son is in the league.

Cue Gata telling me I'm old

cdyhybrid

NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork 13s
From @MikeSilver: Sources say Brandon Weeden wants out of Cleveland. #NFLTotalAccess

End of an era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom