• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 head coaches, 3 GMs in the past year and a half and somehow Weeden is the most hated man in Cleveland
No way was he the most hated, ppl took dumps on Lombardi and Banner just for sneezing. It was almost like a party atmosphere today, but I was pretty shocked.

rando14

friend you better take your bad mouthing of blow job away from this thread before something bad happens to you

iCXNzQ1w5QLpn.gif

We dont agree on a lot of things in this world FMT but there are two things we do agree on!!

1) BJ Daniels' imminent stardom
2) True Detective tatas> *

effzee

Banner didnt steer anything with the Eagles. He handled the cap and salary negotiations and made a few player moves like trading for Jason Peters. Eagles were always under the cap and never got stuck with an albatross contract while Banner was here. He is an abrasive person and he does rub people the wrong way, but who gives a fuck if he makes good decisions. This all strikes me as Haslam resented Banner being forced on him and so he waited until he had a reason to fire him. I really think the Browns are going to regret this.

Cmon man you know how shit went down. When Banner remained in his lane he was fine. But even then he was a cap guru but its not like he is the only one to know how to work the cap. The Eagles weren't the only team with great cap space so I don't get why Banner should be considered in any high esteem.

And once the Eagles started to get really good, Banner seemed to involve himself more and more. For someone with no football background it became painfully obvious he was a divisive unwelcome presence in the FO. Tons of rumors and reports of him and Reid getting into disagreements over what to do with McNabb near the end of his run with the Eagles, spending money on FAs, and contract negotiations. Veterans reported how they hated dealing with him. He also royally fucked up the TO situation. Of course TO was the maniac but Banner didn't help and it should have either ended before the season started or not allowed to drag out as much as it did.

He was shown the door by Lurie himself who as far as I have read was a long time close friend. Banner basically benefited from Reid and McNabb having a good run where by default people assumed Banner had a hand in it when in reality all he did was manage the cap well. Not some amazing feat that only he is capable of. And his personality rubs enough people the wrong way that twice now the Browns haven't been able to land one of the top choices for coaches.

The biggest thing Banner ever did for the Eagles was making the decision easy for Chip Kelly in not taking the Browns job.

So NFLN is reporting the Browns preferred QB isn't in this draft and the GM would've preferred a different coach? That isn't good. May not be bad, but not good

Well this makes sense. All of a sudden this up coming draft went from "loaded with top QB talent" to sort of just ok.

Next year is shaping up great.

They can stick with Hoyer or even sign a guy like Vick to run things for a year.

squicken

Well this makes sense. All of a sudden this up coming draft went from "loaded with top QB talent" to sort of just ok.

Next year is shaping up great.

They can stick with Hoyer or even sign a guy like Vick to run things for a year.

It's always next year's draft that is good. Every team in the top 10 has to assume it's not going to be in position to take a top QB in the next draft, unless they are tanking. CLE, HOU and JAX have a tough choice to make. As much as people point to Russ and Kap, the best QBs are found at the top of the draft. If JAX waits, who is to say they can get a better QB than Teddy next year?

e:

Walter Football's look at the OT class

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014positionreviewOT.php

MechDX

It's always next year's draft that is good. Every team in the top 10 has to assume it's not going to be in position to take a top QB in the next draft, unless they are tanking. CLE, HOU and JAX have a tough choice to make. As much as people point to Russ and Kap, the best QBs are found at the top of the draft. If JAX waits, who is to say they can get a better QB than Teddy next year?

e:

Walter Football's look at the OT class

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014positionreviewOT.php

Bridgewater is the best option in this years class. Only one NFL ready IMO.

JABEE

skinnyrattler just got whacked for using chan-lingo in the Xbox One Layaway thread.

Pour one out for one of our Eagle Bros tonight.

JABEE

Not all cats look the same.

Racist.

Gata. We are one with the universe. You may have a problem with Pugs, but they are no different than any other dog. Just as Kave is equal among the cats. You may want to focus on our differences to drive us apart, but I feel that we should try to focus on our similarities and ways in which we can co-exist.

Gata. We are one with the universe. You may have a problem with Pugs, but they are no different than any other dog. Just as Kave is equal among the cats. You may want to focus on our differences to drive us apart, but I feel that we should try to focus on our similarities and ways in which we can co-exist.

No. Pugs are not natural and have no purpose. I will not change my mind.

MechDX

bill_obrien_new_england_patriots.jpg

Which rookie will be the next Tom? Blake Bortles has a terrible name but his girlfriend is comparable to Gisele. My bet's on him.

TJ Yates is my dark horse candidate. 5th round pick, not thought of and a goober. He will turn out to be the best QB drafted in the 2011 draft when he wins 3 Super Bowls. One over Eli oh honor of his Patriot brethren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom