• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Would have never realized Russell Wilson was better than Tavaris Jackson or an old Matt Hasselbeck without this thread.

Just finishing up the third book of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Go fuck yourself George R. R. Martin!

l6nGdv4.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't even know what on earth the rest of the books could possibly be about. I mean, oh, shock! But, now what? Why would you keep reading? Everything is done with.

Narag

I don't even know what on earth the rest of the books could possibly be about. I mean, oh, shock! But, now what? Why would you keep reading? Everything is done with.

Hardly. Just be glad you didn't have the gap between books like some poor fools. AFFC's last page is a message from Martin in 2005 saying look forward to ADWD in 2006.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hardly. Just be glad you didn't have the gap between books like some poor fools. AFFC's last page is a message from Martin in 2005 saying look forward to ADWD in 2006.

I mean, I'm sure there are like, 19 more chapters about how the lamprey is rich, but I'm struggling to figure out one plotline that isn't done with that matters in the slightest.

Meh. How disappointing.

cashman

Banned

The next two books are all a set up. Book 5 ends on several cliffhangers. Of course you have to slog through several boring chapters in each book, but the ending is totally worth it.

Spinluck

... Everything you typed is nice but let's keep it reality. The "can't miss, once-in-a-generation young QBs" couldn't make it to the Super Bowl. Let's not pretend it's easy for a Quarterback to have Russell's efficiency. Quarterback wasn't a position of weakness for the Seahawks unlike in years past. You make it sound like Russell was the punter. If it's so easy to QB that team to a Super Bowl victory then how come no one else accomplished it?

PUKE

yeah, right. because when you're drafting a qb first overall, that must mean your team was poised to make a super bowl run.. lol. i credit russell, but i won't blindly credit him. he is great at buying time, and not turning the ball over- that's his forte and it fits the team well. but he's one of the many pieces that make that team dominant. he isn't exactly carrying them on a week to week basis.

you do realize the seahawks as a whole played the best football in their history this passed year? i mean, their passing game was suspect at some points this season. so playing the broncos secondary in the super bowl must've been a pretty big break since they can't cover anyone for shit (broncos played well against the run so i'll credit wilson for playing mistake free that game). russell also did a great job calling those plays on defense too, completely dismantled this years best offense.

Chuck and Chud are bros from the U days, but it sure seems to undermine Pep. Grigson just has to prove himself again. People forget how well he did in 2012 b/c Ballard and Allen were hurt.

Fix the defense and have Luck running for his life again, or fix the OL and have him in 40-35 shootouts every week?

ahh, i think i heard that. pagano helping friends find work, lol.

idk if it's a back up incase pep leaves, or if it's to help pep? cause i don't want too many voices on offense. i hear that chud is great with te's (we 2 with pretty good potential), and is good at instructing wr's in run blocking. this seems ideal since pep loves running the ball with his 2-3 te sets. could be good, could be bad, i guess we'll see what they're trying to accomplish.

after looking back at the 2012 draft, i think grigson did do a good job. it will be overlooked because luck was a pick, and the injuries this year though. i think most of the worries came from last years free agency, he did awful. but i think we are better off building from the draft anyway.. look at for the most part, the nfc west.

Interesting train ride to the university this morning. Just me, minding my own business, walk into the train and see some empty seats. I'm like 'Sweet bro, nice and quiet this early in the morning'. But of course at the next stop, suddenly a swarm of 16-18 y/o girls surround my seat (Art included to give you an impression).

Artwork:

fchQky7.png

I'm just sitting there listening to some Macklemore, but the high pitched voices are too much, I can barely hear my music. They scream and yell, talk about their grades and kissing boys and in the meanwhile I'm just sitting there, but that didn't stop them. But then it got weird, they started talking about their virginity and what kind of boys they like, with me just sitting there like:

v1B0I3E.gif

Spinluck

that sounds awful dutch, i've had worse experiences taking public transportation in florida though. the least you could do is hook one of them up with gata.

that sounds awful dutch, i've had worse experiences taking public transportation in florida though. the least you can do is hook one of them up with gata.

I don't know if they are a legal age for Gata. I can't guess girls their ages for shit. Something between 16 and 18 seemed reasonable, but they could also be 45 or 13, I have no clue anymore.

jakncoke

Banned
Interesting train ride to the university this morning. Just me, minding my own business, walk into the train and see some empty seats. I'm like 'Sweet bro, nice and quiet this early in the morning'. But of course at the next stop, suddenly a swarm of 16-18 y/o girls surround my seat (Art included to give you an impression).

Artwork:

fchQky7.png

I'm just sitting there listening to some Macklemore, but the high pitched voices are too much, I can barely hear my music. They scream and yell, talk about their grades and kissing boys and in the meanwhile I'm just sitting there, but that didn't stop them. But then it got weird, they started talking about their virginity and what kind of boys they like, with me just sitting there like:

v1B0I3E.gif

hahahahahaha

jakncoke

Banned
labs are where its at

only contribution pug gave to the world is my laughter as their stupid face and the childrens movie the adventures of milo and otis

Milchjon

labs are where its at

only contribution pug gave to the world is my laughter as their stupid face and the childrens movie the adventures of milo and otis

Pugs always make me smile/laugh.

There should be a place where you can rent pugs cause they pretty much make you awesome but there's no way I wanna own a dog.

Its snowing/sleeting AGAIN down here. What. The. Fuck. Is. Going. On?

Enjoy it. We only had snow twice this winter and I miss it. Stupid sunshine.

jakncoke

Banned
You know you're getting old when you wake up and random parts of your body hurt for no reason whatever. Case in point my left arm triceps this morning feels like I worked out all day for a week this morning. I bet snesfreak is like Nick Nolte in North Dallas Forty to get out of bed and move around.

squicken

Haslam Interview with Peter King

The Cleveland Browns interviewed Ken Whisenhunt for their head-coaching job in each of the past two Januaries, first after he was fired as Arizona’s head coach, and last month when he was employed as San Diego’s offensive coordinator. When Whisenhunt entered the room this year for the interview, he was one of the hottest commodities on the head-coaching market, and the Browns were very interested in him.

Whisenhunt said, “Why didn’t you guys hire me last year?’’

The Browns’ CEO who was in both interviews, Joe Banner, told Whisenhunt he didn’t think the staff he was putting together at the time was “a championship coaching staff.”

Whisenhunt, one NFL source said, was peeved that a man who had never coached and who’d been involved in football mainly on the business side would sit in judgment of his potential coaches.

“Who are you to tell me what makes up a championship coaching staff?” Whisenhunt said, with an edge in his voice.

As the year went on, Banner thought coach Rob Chudzinski got promoted one time too many and was overmatched as a head coach.

----

Lombardi, friends with McDaniels, went hard after the Patriots offensive coordinator again when New England lost in the AFC title game, but McDaniels stayed a Patriot.

Bill Belichick and Urban Meyer were strong in recommendations for fired Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano—Belichick called twice—and here’s where I hear there was a major rift in the organization. Banner wanted nothing to do with Schiano. Haslam was intrigued with him after the over-the-top recommendation from Belichick. The group flew to Tampa to interview Schiano, and one source said Banner was cold to Schiano, not participating much in the interview. Banner likely thought Schiano would be a disastrous hire, given all the negatives in recent Cleveland history. He was probably right, but the owner was open to it, and when the owner’s open to it, the man running football operations should at least consider it.

So credit Banner for not hiring Schiano, b/c it seems like Haslam got wood from a Belichick recommendation

Artwork:

fchQky7.png

v1B0I3E.gif
Worst part of this story is you listening to Macklemore.

cbGB04P.gif

zwgA5q2.gif

The bird is clearly an allegory for Haslam walking through Browns HQ reminding everyone he's the man with the big dick round here. Kave's trying to keep his positive attitude but look at his eyes, the man's breaking.

Nameless

Artwork:

fchQky7.png

v1B0I3E.gif

I will respond to this officially in a few months when the heat is less hot in this thread.

BigAT

Artwork:

fchQky7.png

v1B0I3E.gif

:heavy :heavy :heavy

squicken

GM For A Day: Minnesota Vikings

Problem: Three quarterbacks in search of an arm.
Solution: Derek Carr.

No more scatter-shot scramblers! Christian Ponder, Matt Cassel and Josh Freeman had the Vikings passing game moving sideways last season. The Vikings averaged 6.7 yards per pass attempt and generated just seven pass plays of 40+ yards, a few of them of the "screen and speed skate through a snowstorm" variety. They need a quarterback with the arm to threaten safeties deep, take the lid off the defense, open some running room for Peterson and give Greg Jennings and Cordarrelle Patterson something to do more than 10 yards downfield.

Carr is not a heart-pounding prospect in the Johnny Manziel class, but he has a very good arm, solid mechanics and the background and mindset to start immediately. The Peterson/Jennings/Patterson/Kyle Rudolph skill position toolkit, plus a fairly solid offensive line, will make Carr's transition to the NFL easier. If your beef with Carr is that he is too much like his big brother, David, keep in mind the Vikings are not an expansion team with rookie offensive linemen and Jabar Gaffney and Corey Bradford as their top receivers. Derek won't have to cope with the shellshock and bad habits that turned his brother into an itinerant backup.

So let Ponder play out his contract as a pesky backup, send Freeman off along the Boulevard of Broken-Spirited Prospects, and let Cassel leave, since he already voided the second year of his contract. Carr provides an instant upgrade and Matt Ryan-level upside. That's great value with the eighth-overall pick, and moving up past all those quarterback-needy teams ahead of the Vikings will be almost impossible.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Good morning NFLGAF, what a great morning to be working in shitty San Fernando Valley. God what a dump this place is.

:jnc @ Dutchs` post

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Per source, the Browns have been negotiating a long-term deal with star CB Joe Haden, and the team was in touch with his people yesterday.

Sounds like everything remains positive there, and re-signing Haden will continue to be a top priority for the Browns thru the transition.

The larger questions with the Browns remain on pending free agents Alex Mack and TJ Ward, though there's a still likelihood of tagging Ward.

effzee

So at least Banner did one smart thing by being cold to Shiano but the example with Wisenhunt shows how he turns people off.

What was it that he helped the NFL out with which then they used to force him onto Haslam?

Another masterpiece from Dutch's Blue Period. Reflecting the expectations of a post-injury Gronk, he shares the feelings of suffocation and loss of control. The girls represent both the inability to be himself and party, but also the daily temptation to party

Nice to see that a sophisticated person like yourself see the true meaning of the painting.

What do you expect to happen when you walk around shirtless bro.

Guess I'm a chickmagnet to a very specific (underaged) group.

Worst part of this story is you listening to Macklemore.

#SameLove

At least he has something to say!

:heavy :heavy :heavy

Nothing :Heavy about this. I was sitting there first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom