• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

We need to ban all mentions of Greg Schiano in this thread. He must never be spoken of again.

10494542-large.jpg

"Our late-season victories were dedicated to our wonderful Bucs' fanbase, who greatly value regular season victories much more than draft positioning."

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Give Mark Sanchez Calvin Johnson and Suh. We'd never hear the end of the Jets super bowl victory. In other words, give any of QBs still in the league Calvin Johnson and that defense and watch them duplicate and surpass, in most instances, Matt's success. I'm not harping on Matt because he's a legit starter that gives your team a chance to win. If you can revise history for Matt then I can do it for Mark. Give Josh the gunslinger label and Calvin Johnson and watch him surpass Matt's numbers as well.

This is a bullshit statement on numerous levels:

1.) Mark Sanchez already had Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller and numerous passing options. Mark Sanchez was a mediocre QB from day one and anyone could tell that. You give him Calvin Johnson and he'd still put up garbage numbers.

2.) Look at how Stafford distributed the ball in 2011 when he had 5,000 Yards, 41 TDs, 16 INTs.

Jahvid Best: 27 Receptions. 287 Yards 1 TD, for about 4 games

Nate Burleson: 73 Receptions, 757 Yards, 3 TDs

Titus Young: 48 Receptions, 607 Yards, 6 TDs

Tony Scheffler: 26 Receptions, 347 Yards, 6 TDs

Brandon Pettigrew: 83 Receptions, 777 Yards, 5 TDs

Megatron: 96 Receptions, 1681 Yards, 16 TDs

etc.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/2011.htm

Nate Burleson and Pettigrew themselves almost combined 200 Receptions. I watched every game of our playoff 2011 season.

When Stafford has options he goes through his reads as well as any QB in the league, and has the arm to get it to his receiver as fast and as accurate as anyone in the league. The past two seasons we have not have a decent #2 receiver since Titus Young lost his mind, Ryan Broyles and Burleson have constantly been hurt.

Look at how Tom Bradys numbers have dropped since losing Moss, Gronk and Hernandez. Does that make him a bad QB? Of course not, he is one of the all time greats.

But anyone who says Stafford only looks at Megatron and does not go through his reads does not watch Lions football at listens to troll posts on GAF or 4Chan. Of course he prefers to go to Megatron like any QB would, but we have not had a decent #2 in a lonnngg time and that changes this year.

Colasante

It looks like Mike Lombardi may be heading to New England. I liked what he did in Cleveland last season, so I'm in support of the move. Although I have to say, I'm a little bummed that Dimitroff got Scott Pioli and we're only getting Lombardi.

jakncoke

Banned
156 is almost 200? Maybe in Michigan but not everywhere else. Maybe this how Lunchbox thinks he is rich? Hey I make nearly a 100k a year brahs (meanwhile riding a school bus to hs and working as a fry cook for 7800 a year)

WedgeX

Banned
It looks like near every wide receiver is a free agent this year.

PFT via mlive said:
Seyi Ajirotutu (Chargers)
Danario Alexander (Chargers)
Doug Baldwin (Seahawks; restricted)
Anquan Boldin (49ers)
Deion Branch (Colts)
Dezmon Briscoe (Redskins; restricted)
Kenny Britt (Titans)
Plaxico Burress (Steelers)
Andre Caldwell (Broncos)
Austin Collie (Patriots)
Kevin Cone (Falcons; restricted)
Riley Cooper (Eagles)
Jerricho Cotchery (Steelers)
Josh Cribbs (Jets)
Tandon Doss (Ravens; restricted)
Eric Decker (Broncos)
Julian Edelman (Patriots)
Jacoby Ford (Raiders)
Ted Ginn (Panthers)
Andrew Hawkins (Bengals; restricted)
Lavelle Hawkins (Chargers)
Devin Hester (Bears)
Darrius Heyward-Bey (Colts)
Domenik Hixon (Panthers)
Lestar Jean (Texans; restricted)
Jacoby Jones (Ravens)
James Jones (Packers)
Brandon LaFell (Panthers)
Jeremy Maclin (Eagles)
Mario Manningham (49ers)
Marc Mariani (Titans)
Dexter McCluster (Chiefs)
Robert Meachem (Saints)
Marlon Moore (Dolphins)
Joseph Morgan (Saints; restricted)
Josh Morgan (Redskins)
Santana Moss (Redskins)
Louis Murphy (Giants)
Hakeem Nicks (Giants)
Kevin Ogletree (Lions)
Kassim Osgood (49ers)
Taylor Price (Jaguars)
Andre Roberts (Cardinals)
Emmanuel Sanders (Steelers)
Dane Sanzenbacher (Bengals; restricted)
Jerome Simpson (Vikings)
Micheal Spurlock (Lions)
Brandon Stokley (Ravens)
Brandon Tate (Bengals)
Golden Tate (Seahawks)
Tiquan Underwood (Buccaneers)
Damian Williams (Titans)
Kyle Williams (Chiefs)

cdyhybrid

Andy Staples
@Andy_Staples

13m ago
Love that the anti-hurry up rule proposal excludes final 2 min, AKA when the coaches who proposed it need to use a hurry up offense.

8m ago
Exactly. RT @ubox59: so its OK to be "unsafe" in final 2 minutes

1m ago
They're going to argue nobody snaps within 10. (Seen Baylor do it in 9.) But they'd run a dude out at 31 seconds every time and muck it up.

Looks shopped.
It's not. Raleigh is a fucking mess. I stayed home. Went out at lunch to grab a few things and the snow had just started but was already coating the roads. Fell at about an inch per hour. Once it started everyone who had gone to work got on the roads, clogging them up. No way plows can get out to clear streets that are gridlocked. Pretty much a repeat of Hothlanta.

Bucket, did you get San Andreas for your phone?

It's actually kinda fun and I already made it to San Fierro, but my god, driving school makes me wanna Suh someone.
Nah, that's the only one I haven't bought.

I realized after like 70%ing GTA 3 I fucking hate playing it on iPad and just played the PS2 version.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
All our defense is belong to the salary cap. Oh well, hate seeing Vilma and Smith go, but they didn't play much last year and the defense is trending younger. Hope they continue to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom