• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

Lol. Well, I'm out of the industry now. You would at least have a fighting chance at being as good as me. Sort of like the Broncos had a fighting chance at halftime.

Why'd you get out? Seems like you had a nice resume built up.

Though I know from my parents owning a seafood restaurant when I was a kid that the business is a real bitch.

My Brother picked up a PS4 last night so got some extended time to check the system out.

The XMB, or whatever they call it now is awesome, much prettier than PS3. The thing looks and even sounds next-gen.

I like how you can see what PS3 and Vita people are playing, PS3 can't even see people online with Vita.

Definitely going to buy one when there's actually some games out. inFamous SS is a good start but there needs to be plenty more.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Why'd you get out? Seems like you had a nice resume built up.

Though I know from my parents owning a seafood restaurant when I was a kid that the business is a real bitch.

That's one of the reasons, right there. Your life is working when all your friends are off. In the States, there is zero vacation time in the industry at a vast, vast, vast majority of places. So, you end up working 6-7 days a week, 13-14 hour days, on your feet, in the heat and you have no life. To be a life long chef (not a cook) takes a level of love for a kitchen that was rapidly losing. If you can own your own place, it's great. But owning a restaurant is a game for the wealthy.

Making scrambled eggs is the only way to resolve who is the better cook.

...actually, you and Jak aren't too far off. One of the tests that is pretty common in the industry is to have an applicant make you an omelette.

Ok guys need serious advice here.

Wasn't planning on getting a PS4 or X1 anytime soon since I already have a NEXT GEN ! system with the WiiU plus with the baby coming I wanted to save some money.

Of course my wife saw this as some heroic effort on my behalf and for Valentines day decided to buy me a PS4. FUCK. I only got her flowers. Anyway that's another story.

i haven't kept up with the gaming side of things in the longest. What's the better system to have right now. Or are they both about the same with X1 getting Titanfall? Is it really worth it? I am leaning towards telling her to switch out the PS4 for X1 only because everyone I know who I would play with online for multiplayer games seems to have the X1.

Last gen I had the PS3 and realized more and more I mostly play sports games and online multiplayer so I rather have the system that most others have. But is there any big advantage or disadvantage? Is the X1 a blu ray player too? How much is the xbox live service? Do I have to get connect?

Also considering telling her to return it completely and hold off on buying me a console until this fall when far better games are out and our finances are sorted out with the baby and stuff.
The Xbox One currently has a stronger first party slate in the way of Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. (and Forza I suppose but fuck sim racers so yeah)

The Playstation 4 is home to better versions of the multiplatform titles available at the moment (higher resolution, framerates, etc.) and is generally regarded as the more powerful console of the two.

The Playstation 4 is designed as primarily a games console and using it is generally a simple and intuitive affair.

The Xbox One is designed to act as a media hub for your living room and generally does more including the whole TV integration affair that was touted from the start. There's also Kinect to contend with.

My personal opinion being an owner of both consoles:

I love to actually use the PS4. It's simple but effective. I pop in a new game, it installs quickly and I'm playing in a relatively short amount of time. I can share easily, get to what I want easily (friends, store, trophies, etc.) and there's little fuss involved. It's also damned fast.

I find the Xbox One to be a chore by comparison. Voice commands work 85-90% of the time and frankly I avoid using them whenever I can. The UI is clumsy and while you generally get used to it, I feel as though a lot of streamlining could happen to better showcase the things the One can offer (Upload studio for instance is great and offers greater options than the PS4's share button).

The TV Integration is a subjective issue but the lack of DVR capability/control is a complete killer for me as its how I primarily watch television. It adds nothing of value for my household and I'll likely unplug it from my set top box in the next few weeks (I've had it plugged in since I bought it specifically because I wanted to give it a chance).

All of that said, I *LOVE* Killer Instinct and really enjoyed the time I put into Dead Rising 3. I just finished it a few days ago in fact.

Oh and despite the push for the Xbox One being the "all-in-one media hub" I'll take the PS4 Netlix and Amazon apps any day of the week. Better interfaces for both, IMO.

Do what you will with the info above. ;)

jakncoke

Banned
My first job was at a classy restaurant as a dishwasher. The sous chef and chef lived on the property of the resort and put in regularly 100+ hour weeks, the prep cooks put in shit tons of hours as well. That right there, I knew I wanted nothing to do with being a professional cook. But it was nice to try expensive foods.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Searing doesn't seal dick.

j5JEOQJP59UVB.jpg

MechDX

Retweeted by Lance Zierlein

Jake L ‏@Jake_TSV · 12h
Cosell said that based on his study, Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles was the passer he liked most at this time. Not high on JFF.

Interesting

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Voting is pretty close. C has a very slim lead for first choice, and A and B are tied for second. I'll leave it open for another 2 hours!

Lots of information from the post-gazette's Gerry Dulac all of a sudden. He never knows anything usually, now he knows who the Steelers are going to draft in the first round. It may have something to do with his trip to Arizona to see his good friend Arians, who he coincidentally wrote two articles about this week.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Free-agent safety Ed Reed reported $50,000 in cash stolen from his car Wednesday while visiting banks in Houston, the Houston Police Department confirmed Thursday morning.

Reed, who played last season for the Houston Texans and New York Jets, told police he withdrew $50,000 from one bank and drove to another bank, presumably to make another transaction.

The future Hall of Famer left the money on the passenger seat of his gray 2006 Audi, registered in Florida. When he returned to the car, the passenger window was smashed and the money was gone, according to the police report.

Someone search Mech's house!

XiaNaphryz

You want to wait until the next vote, which will probably be whether to expand medium security, build out min security, or build out max security. Guess which wing you'll be brought into. ;P

XiaNaphryz

can prisoners die?

someone is going to be table sawed

Yes, though I'm not sure if the saw is a valid weapon right now. Blunt portable objects like big ass irons are though!

Got a church or a library in the prison? I think it's only fitting..

Not implemented yet. The rooms we have yet to build that are currently in the game are:

Infirmary
Morgue
Security
Armory
Kennel
Laundry
Workshop
Execution (for show only, other than the tutorial scenario this doesn't actually work yet)
Forestry zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom