• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeX

Banned
Nate Burleson can be added to that list of 50 free agent wide receivers after being released by the Lions.

Detroit Free Press said:
The 32-year-old caught 194 passes for 2,083 yards but missed parts of the last two seasons with injuries. He missed 10 games in 2012 with a broken leg and seven games last year with a broken forearm suffered in a September car crash.

The release saves the Lions about $5.5 million in cap space, and Burleson said he understands why it was made.

We've had some weird times with Nate

ibwULGLBcq6TK9.jpg

Some great times.

i1GwBCI9v167n.jpg

But mostly he sat on the sidelines.

ibrDPBfP8e5erJ.jpg

Greg

If they were smart they would of had a HSG ready for launch or the launch window
I hate when they do that and the game doesn't take advantage of the hardware

and then you're stuck with a mediocre-looking game until 8 years after launch when they decide to make another

effzee

The Xbox One currently has a stronger first party slate in the way of Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. (and Forza I suppose but fuck sim racers so yeah)

The Playstation 4 is home to better versions of the multiplatform titles available at the moment (higher resolution, framerates, etc.) and is generally regarded as the more powerful console of the two.

The Playstation 4 is designed as primarily a games console and using it is generally a simple and intuitive affair.

The Xbox One is designed to act as a media hub for your living room and generally does more including the whole TV integration affair that was touted from the start. There's also Kinect to contend with.

My personal opinion being an owner of both consoles:

I love to actually use the PS4. It's simple but effective. I pop in a new game, it installs quickly and I'm playing in a relatively short amount of time. I can share easily, get to what I want easily (friends, store, trophies, etc.) and there's little fuss involved. It's also damned fast.

I find the Xbox One to be a chore by comparison. Voice commands work 85-90% of the time and frankly I avoid using them whenever I can. The UI is clumsy and while you generally get used to it, I feel as though a lot of streamlining could happen to better showcase the things the One can offer (Upload studio for instance is great and offers greater options than the PS4's share button).

The TV Integration is a subjective issue but the lack of DVR capability/control is a complete killer for me as its how I primarily watch television. It adds nothing of value for my household and I'll likely unplug it from my set top box in the next few weeks (I've had it plugged in since I bought it specifically because I wanted to give it a chance).

All of that said, I *LOVE* Killer Instinct and really enjoyed the time I put into Dead Rising 3. I just finished it a few days ago in fact.

Oh and despite the push for the Xbox One being the "all-in-one media hub" I'll take the PS4 Netlix and Amazon apps any day of the week. Better interfaces for both, IMO.

Do what you will with the info above. ;)

XB1 has much better games now and every impression of Titanfall is that it is going to be great fun if you like mp games. The next big PS4 game is infamous after that I guess is Driveclub but we have no idea when that will be out. I love all the extra features and functionality of the XB1 but your mileage may vary with that.

Damn thanks for all the help guys!

I'm torn. Everything from what you guys have mentioned tells me I should stick with the PS4 but since my primary interests are going to be sports games online and MP games, I'm leaning towards replacing the PS4 with the X1.

How much are the online services costs for both?

I'm torn. Everything from what you guys have mentioned tells me I should stick with the PS4 but since my primary interests are going to be sports games online and MP games, I'm leaning towards replacing the PS4 with the X1.

I don't remember the PS+ price off hand but isn't Live $60/year?

You can get a year of xbox live for $60 and a year of Ps+ for $50.

PS+ is $50 a year XBL is $60 a year. I feel like there are tons of deals on XBL posted all the time on gaming if you need to save money there. PS+ will get you a free indie game every month on PS4 and at some point they will start to give real games away. KI is free on XB1 now, one character at a time, and MS is going to start to give free XB1's games in April but I wouldnt expect much if the 360 offerings are anything to go buy. In March MS is going to put out a big update to the OS and friends and parties will be changes. I like how on the XB1 you can pin what ever you want to the home screen, but the PS4 OS works well also. I would pick which ever system has the games you like, unless you care about the extra stuff the XB1 does.

It's the slightly nutty flavor of the butter that adds to it.

And brother, I eat it rare (American Medium/rare, because a regular rare in the US is cold).

Edit: Fucking hell, Tabris said the same thing.

Sorry WW, no butter. Ever.
Wait, so if I go to Europe I need to order my steak rare to get Medium Rare?
I wonder whatever happened to snes

Well, he put his info in the NFL GAF gaming ID doc so he's alive! Looks like most of you guys don't have a 3DS or haven't gotten around to looking your ID up. Bionic, use some of that former GAF post composition time to plug in your info.

squicken

All hail the Red Lord Saban!

e: Lions cut Delmas. Was he any good last year? The Rams desperately need a safety and had him in for a FA visit last year

e: Lions cut Delmas. Was he any good last year? The Rams desperately need a safety and had him in for a FA visit last year

The Lions D was so bad last year but that was mostly due to the DL being so terrible. Hard to judge anyone in that secondary. Hopefully lots of teams cut safeties since the Eagles really need 2.

Syrinx

Holy shit. Three days of classes cancelled in a row. That's never happened to me before. Damn, snow really ties up NC by the balls, doesn't it?

Milchjon

Damn WW, ski resort in Maine sounds awesome.

Also, I'm volunteering to judge the cook off between you and Dutch! CVs don't mean shit, only my highly trained palate can settle this.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Delmas is one of the most overrated players in the league. Takes terrible angles in tackling and has a tendency to launch himself like a bullet instead of wrap-tackling.

I'm happy he's gone, but surprised they cut him. Safety now just became a real possibility at the #10 pick.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Damn WW, ski resort in Maine sounds awesome.

Also, I'm volunteering to judge the cook off between you and Dutch! CVs don't mean shit, only my highly trained palate can settle this.

Dutch is too scared to come to Bavaria. Something about polizei looking for him, whatever that is

jakncoke

Banned
Delmas is one of the most overrated players in the league. Takes terrible angles in tackling and has a tendency to launch himself like a bullet instead of wrap-tackling.

I'm happy he's gone, but surprised they cut him. Safety now just became a real possibility at the #10 pick.

This is a league wide problem and I bet injuries would drop by a noticeable factor if these guys were tackling proper

WedgeX

Banned

With lots of rest he finally played a full season last year. He had some good interceptions as well. It helped that Glover Quinn was picked up and played decently next to him as well. PFF ended up liking the two of them best in the NFC North, and they just up him in the "solid starter" slot in their projected lineup for the Lions next year.

I think I'll miss him more than Nate.

iU2geGDEm1IWJ.jpg

MRSA

Banned
You dont seriously believe that he got a vita for $50 right? Gata I got some bad news for you, Santa and the Easter Bunny are not real either.

I got it for $50 because there's about an inch crack on the rear top case. The touchpad is intact and the screen is fine. Perfectly functional. Just isn't anesthetically.

I got it for $50 because there's about an inch crack on the rear top case. The touchpad is intact and the screen is fine. Perfectly functional. Just isn't anesthetically.

That is a crazy deal if it doesnt affect the functionality at all. Do you still have a PS4? I never see anyone online. I have like 100 friends and I never see more then 10 at a time. I dont get it.

MRSA

Banned
That is a crazy deal if it doesnt affect the functionality at all. Do you still have a PS4? I never see anyone online. I have like 100 friends and I never see more then 10 at a time. I dont get it.

I'm online when you go to sleep you old. I was getting massacred at BF4 on Monday.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Basically, Mayhew and Caldwell just cut the most vocal offensive player and most vocal defensive player on the team.

I think it's clear they believe these guys were a major part of the discipline/laissez-faire/poor play on the field. This seems like a "let's get rid of Schwartz's guys" move.

squicken

The thing is it is a totally shit safety draft. Seems like it's HaHa, Pryor and maybe Joyner. Otherwise dice roll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom