• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dutch is too scared to come to Bavaria. Something about polizei looking for him, whatever that is

NOBODY TOLD ME IT WAS ILLIGAL IN GERMANLAND!

I would kick your ass when it comes to plating. Sure you've been to a fancy school, so some of your techniques will probably be more sophisticated, but my plates are always beautiful.

Unrelated:

p3zrJGh.gif

jakncoke

Banned
NOBODY TOLD ME IT WAS ILLIGAL IN GERMANLAND!

I would kick your ass when it comes to plating. Sure you've been to a fancy school, so some of your techniques will probably be more sophisticated, but my plates are always beautiful.

Unrelated:

p3zrJGh.gif

now thats sa cute dog too. pugs ftl

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Now I just need the PS4 to do really well in Japan and maybe those Japanese developers will start making great console games again.

Bread

Banned
what the fuck people think MSRA is snes?

it's so obvious who it is, a degenerate loser who probably roots for some shitty team somewhere. i bet he likes mexican food too.

hey maybe it is snes

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
PS4 doubled Xbox One in January.

#therouteison

I haven't seen an ass kicked this hard since Peyton.

I dont understand why people go crazy over sale numbers.

It's basically the same shit as sports. People get infatuated with companies that couldn't give a shit about them and enjoy it when they beat other companies that also don't give a shit about people.

Only its even more pathetic because its not even a sport.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I dont understand why people go crazy over sale numbers.

People want the best games to come to their console and that is typically the one that sells the most. Also in this situation, people want games to look the best they possibly can (on consoles) and that's only if they use the PS4 as the lead SKU instead of the working man's graphics of the Xbone.

I think the Japanese tend to avoid developing for the Xbox out of spite so a strong PS4 might encourage a lot of those developers to come back to consoles instead of focusing on mobile so much.

It could happen! Believe!

Spinluck

That ND was some hot garbage.

Regret buying my 3DS now, there is nothing on the horizon thats the least bit interesting. Thank god its got a good backlog to hit up

lol NDirects are a joke. anyone who watches them should understand why the company is struggling. the general consumer will not watch them, and a lot of the good shit they show never has a release date.

Spinluck

To be fair, we don't know for sure that it nearly doubled the XBOX One. Sony could be talking about the WiiU as the closest competitor.

lol.

nothing on xbone interest me at the moment, but i wouldn't even fork $400 for it.

as for the wii u, i fully expect it to be $250 by the time smash is out.. that's if nintendo wants to have a chance..

effzee

I haven't seen an ass kicked this hard since Peyton.

It's basically the same shit as sports. People get infatuated with companies that couldn't give a shit about them and enjoy it when they beat other companies that also don't give a shit about people.

Only its even more pathetic because its not even a sport.

Its far more pathetic. When you root for a team the direct enjoyment comes from the team winning. Rooting for a corporation to be #1 is like rooting for the owner of your team to make more billions. I root for the Eagles to win games, not for Lurie to line his pockets.

Still I guess I root for Nintendo to succeed only to the point that I hope they keep making games that I enjoy. I enjoy Nintendo first party titles and sports/fps online multiplayer games mainly. And even then I find myself playing videogames less and less with varied interests and very little time between work, wife, soon to come baby, gym, and hanging out with friends and family.

I own a WiiU. I don't care if Nintendo is #1 or #3 but I do want them to survive. Going to keep a PS4/X1 mainly for the sports, shooters, and maybe an AAA game here and there.

Get a Wii U

Fuck you snes

I own a Wii U :(

Then again I don't buy a game or two every month. Even back when I had all the time in the world to play videogames, I would only buy a 2-3 games every 6 months. I guess the droughts don't affect me but it does kill their business. Pathetic that games they showed over a year ago aren't out yet especially after no showing at the launch.

Draxal

People want the best games to come to their console and that is typically the one that sells the most. Also in this situation, people want games to look the best they possibly can (on consoles) and that's only if they use the PS4 as the lead SKU instead of the working man's graphics of the Xbone.

I think the Japanese tend to avoid developing for the Xbox out of spite so a strong PS4 might encourage a lot of those developers to come back to consoles instead of focusing on mobile so much.

They avoid making games for the XBOX since it's dead in their home market, it's not rocket science.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They avoid making games for the XBOX since it's dead in their home market, it's not rocket science.

Right but a strong international presence for the PS4 (including the US) might entice them to develop more games. Obviously Japan doesn't care about Microsoft.

Basically I'm advocating a return of the PS2 which was the last time I feel like Japan put their full effort into console gaming.

Somewhere snes is very upset reading this post.

Draxal

Right but a strong international presence for the PS4 (including the US) might entice them to develop more games. Obviously Japan doesn't care about Microsoft.

Basically I'm advocating a return of the PS2 which was the last time I feel like Japan put their full effort into console gaming.

Somewhere snes is very upset reading this post.

Honestly, the Japanese game developers are fucked because they can't make AAA games (with the exception of MGS), and the market has priced out AA games (with the exception of Dark Souls). There's a reason they flocked to handhelds and the mobile market, there's just way too much risk in the console market.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Honestly, the Japanese game developers are fucked because they can't make AAA games (with the exception of MGS), and the market has priced out AA games (with the exception of Dark Souls). There's a reason they flocked to handhelds and the mobile market, there's just way too much risk in the console market.

I'm hoping that since the PS4 is easier to develop for, that might help them a little bit.

I do agree with you that the AAA market looks kind of sad right now. In some ways, I hope Titanfall does well so we can have some proven success by a new game series. On the other hand I'm part of the problem because almost every game I'm looking forward to are sequels anyway (except maybe Watchdogs and The Order?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom