• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Damnit the Lions cut Delmas?

Stop making good decisions, enemies.

Now I know you're not actually concerned about the Lions.

That's like jakncoke being worried about what would happen if a pretty girl tried to start a conversation with him or if gata was picked to be on a basketball team. None of these things are worth worrying about.

WedgeX

Banned
Delmas is one of the most overrated players in the league. Takes terrible angles in tackling and has a tendency to launch himself like a bullet instead of wrap-tackling.

I'm happy he's gone, but surprised they cut him. Safety now just became a real possibility at the #10 pick.

But it always looked so pretty!

bildeNewTbl1SiteC4Date20111002CategorySPORTS01ArtNo110020804RefPHItem61Maxw620Maxh465q60.jpg

He'll live on in my heart!

delmaswithdog.jpg

Basically, Mayhew and Caldwell just cut the most vocal offensive player and most vocal defensive player on the team.

I think it's clear they believe these guys were a major part of the discipline/laissez-faire/poor play on the field. This seems like a "let's get rid of Schwartz's guys" move.

You don't sound that happy about it.

squicken

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Actually, I guess the more accurate term would have been consultant.

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Mike Lombardi was a de facto Patriots personnel executive before his time with the Browns. Now it will just become official.

Lombardi-McDaniels-Mallett future

That is a crazy deal if it doesnt affect the functionality at all. Do you still have a PS4? I never see anyone online. I have like 100 friends and I never see more then 10 at a time. I dont get it.

That's because for many of us there are no good games out for either console yet. Well, Resogun is good but it's not going to sustain people non-stop for three plus months. You'll see a bunch of us get on when Infamous comes out, I expect. You'll see me on a ton, consistently if Destiny turns out as good as I hope it will.

slabrock

Banned
Delmas and Nate gone. Gotta say I won't miss Delmas. I like Nate but he can't stay healthy and he is starting to get up there in years. Like was said earlier, Delmas loved to launch instead of wrapping up.

On PS4/Xbone I really dig my PS4. I personally like Sony's first party studios more. They seem to take more risks on stuff like Puppeteer and the likes. It also helps that I don't care for FPS on consoles. I doubt I'll ever pick up a xbox one.

Does anyone know if there is a way to scam the best buy learning lounge sign in? Expertzone is giving away Titanfall beta codes and I used to be an expertzone member but now you have to validate your employment status.

Spinluck

crazy how gaming side can still hype the fuck out of nintendo directs.

there have only been like 2 good ones ever.

edit: infamous looks fucking dope. i will probably be on that bros, i haven't sat through a console game in a while- so it should be fun.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

edit: infamous looks fucking dope. i will probably be on that bros, i haven't sat through a console game in a while- so it should be fun.

It's never,ever going to be anything that they really want. Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, and that sort of thing are only worthy of an E3 type event. It'll probably be Nintendoland 2 or Wii Music U or something that no one asked for.

Talamius

Nintendo Direct and NPD release on the same day. RIP for the next few hours, Gaf.

Milchjon

I was always told Germans regard Bavaria the same way we regard Florida or Mississippi.

Well, it's economically strong. The culture has its upsides too. It's also utterly beautiful. It's just that the people (in the non-Franconian parts) can be real uppity and conservative.

It's crazy to me that anyone gets hyped over ANY of the solo company conferences. When have they not been a large disappointment? I can't even recall how far back. E3 is where it's at and possibly Spaceworld. Even E3 had been a large disappoint in recent years until this last one but any E3 with console reveals is always going to be one of the best. Even though I didn't get it, a new Killer Instinct was a legit megaton and I was happy for all the fans to finally get a new entry.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well, it's economically strong. The culture has its upsides too. It's also utterly beautiful. It's just that the people (in the non-Franconian parts) can be real uppity and conservative.

Someday I will make it to Oktoberfest with the rest of the tourists. Someday.

It's crazy to me that anyone gets hyped over ANY of the solo company conferences. When have they not been a large disappointment? I can't even recall how far back. E3 is where it's at and possibly Spaceworld. Even E3 had been a large disappoint in recent years until this last one but any E3 with console reveals is always going to be one of the best. Even though I didn't get it, a new Killer Instinct was a legit megaton and I was happy for all the fans to finally get a new entry.

I can't believe it's been over 10 years since the reveal of Twilight Princess.

I have to admit I was pretty excited when Sony announced that the PS4 would allow used games....kind of sad to think about.

jakncoke

Banned
Google making the telecom and cable duopoly shit themselves. Pushed gigabit and already working on 10 gigabit. telecom/cable going to be left behind.

Anilx3

The thing is it is a totally shit safety draft. Seems like it's HaHa, Pryor and maybe Joyner. Otherwise dice roll

I've heard good things about Jimmie Ward from Northern Illinois. he's a little on the small side but could be a good value in rounds 2-3.

squicken

"Value" - the most meaningless word in draft season.

I don't know, I'd say the Lions got good "value" by getting Warford in the 3rd round. I get what you are saying, but it's sort of like putting a round grade on players. Teams don't do that. They have their boards vertical and horizontal, but no round grades. But for fans and media, it's good short hand

Anilx3

Why is everyone so hyped up for Nintendo Direct? Are they going to announce a console revision?

Because Wii U owners are desperate for something to validate their purchase trololol actually, I'm at least half serious

The word in sports I absolutely loathe is "moxy". This term was played to death when we had Max Hall under center. This is a word used when a player sucks and doesn't have any actual traits to discuss.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
1901488_10152182813503605_2052543090_n.jpg

Joe Fauria putting in that work.

Can`t wait to see how Lombardi Jr. integrate s him into our offense, Jimmy Graham style.

Talon

I don't know, I'd say the Lions got good "value" by getting Warford in the 3rd round. I get what you are saying, but it's sort of like putting a round grade on players. Teams don't do that. They have their boards vertical and horizontal, but no round grades. But for fans and media, it's good short hand
The thing that bugs me the most of any sporting punditry is the "value" argument around the draft.

McShay has no fucking idea how the Eagles, Falcons, Patriots, etc. are rating their players. All he's doing is reflecting the crap he's been spoonfed for 3 months and perception, and we've seen how incredibly gauging the draft is for pundits year-after-year. They shouldn't even bother trying with the second round at all.

Why is everyone so hyped up for Nintendo Direct? Are they going to announce a console revision?

Because Wii U owners are desperate for something to validate their purchase trololol actually, I'm at least half serious

The word in sports I absolutely loathe is "moxy". This term was played to death when we had Max Hall under center. This is a word used when a player sucks and doesn't have any actual traits to discuss.

squicken

GM For A Day: Buffalo Bills

Problem: Inexperience and injury concerns at quarterback.
Solution: Teach EJ how to Dougie.

EJ Manuel threw just 33 passes in the preseason, missed much of training camp, then was sidelined twice during the season with knee injuries (one to each). He had surgery to clean out some ligaments from his left knee in late January and plans to be a full offseason participant.

Manuel now wears the "injury prone" tag, inappropriately. If the Robert Griffin saga taught us anything, it's that there's a reason quarterbacks like Tom Brady insist on participating as fully as is reasonable in training camp and preseason, instead of spending August surrounded by pillows on a golf course. Those reps are important to the quarterback's timing, mechanics and health. Manuel's timing never clicked last year, and out-of-tune mechanics can lead to lingering injuries. Manuel also had a habit of putting himself in harm's way when scrambling, a problem that will be partially solved when he gains experience.

There's a "draft a contingency plan" movement in Buffalo right now, and it is exactly incorrect. Instead of bringing in a challenger to split reps, the Bills must give Manuel as many reps as possible, from minicamp through the preseason. We only saw the fractions of Doug Marrone's offense that Manuel and his backups (Jeff Tuel, Thad Lewis, Matt Flynn, Todd Collins, Joe Dufek, Ethel from Human Resources) were comfortable with. What we saw was intriguing: an offensive pace second only to Chip Kelly's, a wide variety of formations and concepts. It's not the kind of system that can be executed well with no experience and little training. (Then again, there are few systems like that.) Manuel showed enough promise, under the circumstances, to be given a full season at the reins.

Another year of EJ? The "needs more reps" argument makes sense

The thing is it is a totally shit safety draft. Seems like it's HaHa, Pryor and maybe Joyner. Otherwise dice roll

I'm still pretty big on Deone Bucannon in the late 2nd or early 3rd. Not too big on HaHa, I think he will struggle in the NFL. Also think there's a good possibility Desir will be converted to safety, solid 4th round project pick with good upside.

Delmas is one of the most overrated players in the league. Takes terrible angles in tackling and has a tendency to launch himself like a bullet instead of wrap-tackling.

I'm happy he's gone, but surprised they cut him. Safety now just became a real possibility at the #10 pick.

Ah, he was on my list as a possible signing for the Raiders if he was cut. They still might take a look at him.

Google making the telecom and cable duopoly shit themselves. Pushed gigabit and already working on 10 gigabit. telecom/cable going to be left behind.

They just need to get out of Kansas and start rolling it out everywhere. Gonna take a generation to get to everyone at this rate. I wish they'd hurry the fuck up and destroy Comcast/TWC already.

They just need to get out of Kansas and start rolling it out everywhere. Gonna take a generation to get to everyone at this rate. I wish they'd hurry the fuck up.

Fake edit - ffs Ninty fanboys 504'ing this forum, and that's without snes blowing his load every time Reggie opens his mouth.

squicken

I'm still pretty big on Deone Bucannon in the late 2nd or early 3rd. Not too big on HaHa, I think he will struggle in the NFL. Also think there's a good possibility Desir will be converted to safety, solid 4th round project pick with good upside.

I too am not a fan of Clinton-Dix. Certainly not as a top 15 pick. There's just better players there. I want to see some of the DBs work out the Combine. See how quick they flip their hips. It's just so hard to try and watch Youtube on safeties, when they aren't on screen for transitioning to coverage and are involved in so few plays

I too am not a fan of Clinton-Dix. Certainly not as a top 15 pick. There's just better players there. I want to see some of the DBs work out the Combine. See how quick they flip their hips. It's just so hard to try and watch Youtube on safeties, when they aren't on screen for transitioning to coverage and are involved in so few plays

draftbreakdown.com is a pretty good resource. they highlight and slow down the vids. makes it a little easier.

Ah, he was on my list as a possible signing for the Raiders if he was cut. They still might take a look at him.

Yeah I'd be happy getting Bucannon in the second where we pick depending who falls. I just know none of them warrant a first rounder with the talent available. Well, maybe if you were near the end of the round and had a big need there.

jakncoke

Banned
They just need to get out of Kansas and start rolling it out everywhere. Gonna take a generation to get to everyone at this rate. I wish they'd hurry the fuck up and destroy Comcast/TWC already.

Take Verizon too. Sure someone will be like lol Fios. Not in my area! Between 3-7 is the top plan they offer. Coming up on 10 years of internet, first internet was a like 770k dl plan. So little progress in

As for Wii U lol nes remix 2, but X and Mario Kart 8 looked fun. My stream shit out on Bayonetta 2 and Donkey Kong ffs and whatever else that might of been Wii U related

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That ND was some hot garbage.

Regret buying my 3DS now, there is nothing on the horizon thats the least bit interesting. Thank god its got a good backlog to hit up

The thing that bugs me the most of any sporting punditry is the "value" argument around the draft.

McShay has no fucking idea how the Eagles, Falcons, Patriots, etc. are rating their players. All he's doing is reflecting the crap he's been spoonfed for 3 months and perception, and we've seen how incredibly gauging the draft is for pundits year-after-year. They shouldn't even bother trying with the second round at all.

This player was great, but he could have been gotten two rounds later! Nevermind they got great talent with every pick..what matters is how long you wait!

F

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How about that Wii U, guys?

It's sad that there's already more coming out on the PS4 in the next six months that interests me than for the Wii U. I mean, the PS4 lineup through the end of June looks amazing compared to the Wii U.

Edit: I think the 3DS stuff was fine. I would expect Nintendo to push more and more software onto the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom