• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
crunchytaco.jpg

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/13/taco-bell-mobile-ordering/

Josh-Freeman-SOS-500x573.jpg

You should start a thread, too busy with prison updates right now. ;P

met up with a friend who's been dating this girl for about a month.

they haven't had sex yet, but he fingered her like 2 nights before and told me he went to go eat at a taco bell right afterwards. he also said he forgot to wash his hands.

don't think i'll ever look at the 2 the same again.

he fingered a taco then ate the taco?

what's so odd about that?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
According to Deadline.com, HBO has picked up the series Ballers, which explores the lives of a group of former and current football players. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson stars in the series, and he serves as executive producer with Mark Wahlberg.

InappropriateWrassinGif.gif

MechDX

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...l-OBrien/20010456-1367-4dfd-a981-86cde49958b9

The Texans quarterback is "staying in shape" and said he's been working out since late January. He's also had a chance to get together with new head coach Bill O'Brien.

"I met with him very briefly," Schaub said. "Just a short conversation. But it was very productive. It was while he was still trying to get the rest of the staff together and go through that process. As well as transitioning to Houston."

Matt: HI coach!

BOB: ..blank stare...

couple uneasy minutes pass...

BOB: You're gone June 1st.

Matt: holding back tears Ok...

I'm just not seeing Marqis Lee as a top 15 pick. I'm not even sure he's a first round pick. Much bigger fan of Odell Beckham

What I really want to see is what guys get pushed down after the combine. There seems to be too much talent that's projected for the 1st round. Some guys are sure to drop.

squicken

What I really want to see is what guys get pushed down after the combine. There seems to be too much talent that's projected for the 1st round. Some guys are sure to drop.

I'm not as jazzed up about some of the linemen I see being mocked in the first round. Kouandjio, Tiny Richardson and maybe even Zach Martin I could see in the second round. If Derek Carr makes it past 10 he could fall to the second round. I'm also really down on Clinton-Dix but still think he goes first round. Pryor seems 2nd

All that could change but it's sort of my Youtube/scouts' takes view of things in February. I think some WRs will move up. A lot of guys looked really good this year in CFB and I think they will be a group that looks really good at the Combine

Tom Penny

I don't see why any good GM or Scout would heavily weigh the combine unless they are trying to figure out if a dude is healthy..and that's what doctors are for. Film doesn't lie and combine speed isn't the same as game speed.

I'm not as jazzed up about some of the linemen I see being mocked in the first round. Kouandjio, Tiny Richardson and maybe even Zach Martin I could see in the second round. If Derek Carr makes it past 10 he could fall to the second round. I'm also really down on Clinton-Dix but still think he goes first round. Pryor seems 2nd

All that could change but it's sort of my Youtube/scouts' takes view of things in February. I think some WRs will move up. A lot of guys looked really good this year in CFB and I think they will be a group that looks really good at the Combine

I'm thinking one and maybe both the Tight Ends (Amaro and Ebron) drop. 1st round Tight Ends are rare and neither guy seems to be a generational talent.

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ey-intent-on-being-paired-with-texans-jj-watt

one dominant defensive end enough for an NFL team?

Jadeveon Clowney doesn't think so, and he intends to convince the Houston Texans of the same. The former South Carolina defensive end spoke in-depth Wednesday with College Football 24/7 about his push to be drafted first overall by the Texans, who already have one of the NFL's dominant ends in J.J. Watt, and how he intends to do it.

Clowney said he has been running 40-yard dashes as fast as the 4.45-range in pre-combine workouts, albeit with hand-timed results, and has a goal of running 4.46 to 4.48 at the NFL Scouting Combine later this month. That would be faster than some wide receivers will run, for a 6-foot-6, 275-pound lineman. Clowney believes the double-teaming Watt drew in collecting 10.5 sacks last season for the Texans could help him in the same way that the double-teaming Clowney drew at South Carolina helped Gamecocks defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles.

"I love his game," Clowney said of Watt. "He can help me, and I can help him, hopefully. I've watched his game, in situations he gets double teams, triple teams on him, too. That could help me be a bigger factor on that defense."

If Houston indeed makes Clowney the first pick of the draft, expect Clowney's locker to be awfully close to Watt's. Texans owner Bob McNair said last month that Watt could make an ideal mentor for the draft's most promising defensive player. Clowney has said he believes he should be the top overall pick. Asked why, he was blunt:

"I feel like I have a lot to offer a team. I've got the size, the ability, I'm a great teammate," he said. "I'm bringing a lot to help a team out, and I feel like I should be that guy, hopefully."

I have seen JJ Watt play. You sir are no JJ Watt. While the thought of Watt and Clowney staring down Luck while Romeo just grins on the sideline gives me a "happy" feeling I still don't trust him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matt: HI coach!

BOB: ..blank stare...

couple uneasy minutes pass...

BOB: You're gone June 1st.

Matt: holding back tears Ok...

It probably went something like this:

Coach O'Brien: Hey Matt welcome to the program, here is our plan for the future of the Texans......

Matt Schaub: *Stares deeply at his Coach Bob's cleft chin and cannot distract himself the hideous chin of his coach*

squicken

I don't see why any good GM or Scout would heavily weigh the combine unless they are trying to figure out if a dude is healthy..and that's what doctors are for. Film doesn't lie and combine speed isn't the same as game speed.

You basically nailed it. The whole reason the Combine exists is to combine resources and not have players flying around the country to get physicals.

But a big thing now, with all the juniors, is that the teams don't have reliable measurements. McShay was saying that Gilbert is listed at 6'1", but standing next to him, there's no way he's over 6'0". There's also worry about Bridgewater's hands. Only one QB has made a start in the last 20 years with hands smaller than 9". He and Manziel's size is going to be a big deal

ShaneB

I love the bench Laker standing up... and then immediately sits back down again.
KuGsj.gif
..and then looks like he checks his phone or something.

MechDX

It probably went something like this:

Coach O'Brien: Hey Matt welcome to the program, here is our plan for the future of the Texans......

Matt Schaub: *Stares deeply at his Coach Bob's cleft chin and cannot distract himself the hideous chin of his coach*

image.php

Doesn't have a chin. The fat just all kind of blends together under his mouth and into his neck.

Oh and BOB>>>>>>>>>>Caldwell. And he hasn't even coached a game yet.

Tom Penny

You basically nailed it. The whole reason the Combine exists is to combine resources and not have players flying around the country to get physicals.

But a big thing now, with all the juniors, is that the teams don't have reliable measurements. McShay was saying that Gilbert is listed at 6'1", but standing next to him, there's no way he's over 6'0". There's also worry about Bridgewater's hands. Only one QB has made a start in the last 20 years with hands smaller than 9". He and Manziel's size is going to be a big deal

Hands size and a QB are a big deal. It's one of the few measurables that I have ever heard Belichick mention as truly important. If you can't grip a ball and you're a QB you're worthless especially on a bad weather team.

This is absolutely adorable and I want it.

BgYz8drIYAA4Vui.jpg

Too bad the hardware inside is garbage.

Nintendo's handheld lineup is on point but everytime I consider picking up a 3DS I stroll by Target and Best Buy and remember how godawful the screen, how terrible the slider pad is and how cheap the whole thing feels.

somebody set the fire alarm off in my apt building, so we all had to evacuate but on the bright side House of Cards is up and I shoveled out the snow from around my sister's car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom