• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
White People LOL.

RYdGgSy.jpg

BigAT

Probably the only time I'll ever post something Peter King has written:

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
RT @eznark: NFL players make jokes about moms, @SI_PeterKing feigns shock ... You are an idiot.

Former Giants DE Dave Tollefson announces his retirement today as a NY Giant.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...tirement/cff80b8a-e065-4285-8042-96fb211225b7

After spending a final season in Oakland playing for his hometown Raiders, Tollefson was out of football in 2013. Today, he announced his retirement as a Giant, the team that employed him for the bulk of his career, gave him those two Super Bowl rings – and ensured he should never again be late for an appointment.

“I wanted to make sure Tom knew and the Maras and Tisches knew how much it meant to me,” Tollefson said. “They gave me the shot. If it wasn’t for what they did for me, who knows where I’d be now. I have three kids (including his third son, who is due in April) and a wife that I love. To be able to provide for them is something that I couldn’t even imagine in my wildest dreams as far as the way we live our lives. I’m indebted to coach and the Maras and the Tisches for doing that for me.”

Journeyman type of player. Will never wow you but he he put in the work and made plays on the field more often than not. He was a nice part of the DE rotation that won the Super Bowl in 2011 and was also a Giant for the 2007 run.

Doesn't look good for Incognito--apparently it wasn't against just Martin but against another player and a trainer.

Some terrible shit was going on

I don't think they could officially side with Incognito. Despite everything, to acknowledge the vulgarity publicly and say it wasn't wrong would be a media shitstorm.

jakncoke

Banned
Probably the only time I'll ever post something Peter King has written:

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
RT @eznark: NFL players make jokes about moms, @SI_PeterKing feigns shock ... You are an idiot.

eznark sure is good at getting a rise out of anyone. I remember when Nick Barnett told him fuck you after eznark trolled him about celebrating a tackle 10 yards down the field.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
A final salute to Nate Burleson and his contributions to our team since we signed him.

He had a great year in 2011 when he was healthy, and even when he was injured these past two years he was one of our team leaders. Great guy, teammate and player.

Thanks for the memories Nate.

Nate+Burleson+Detroit+Lions+v+Dallas+Cowboys+SpmL0_OQBmPl.jpg

:jnc

eznark still bein eznark

:jncccc

So much craziness in that report, I'm reading through it now. It sucks that Pouncey was in on this.

In addition, Jerry and Pouncey sometimes taunted Martin by accusing him
of not being “black enough.” Martin believed that these comments were made to deride
his upper-middle-class upbringing, reserved nature and intellectual interests.
Just... man.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Incognito is a douche. This report is pretty damning.

Dolphins’ Offensive Line Coach Jim Turner was aware of the running
“joke” that Player A was gay, and on at least one occasion, he participated in the
taunting. Around Christmas 2012, Coach Turner gave the offensive linemen gift bags
that included a variety of stocking stuffers. The gifts included inflatable female dolls for
all of the offensive linemen except Player A, who received a male “blow-up” doll.
Martin and another player reported that they were surprised Coach Turner did this;
Martin further said that he was offended that Turner had endorsed the humiliating
treatment of Player A by participating in it. Incognito and others agreed that this incident
with Coach Turner occurred. When interviewed, Turner was asked if he gave Player A a
male blow-up doll. He replied, “I can’t remember.” We do not believe that Turner
forgot this incident, which many others recalled.
Time to fire this fool.

JCizzle

I imagine the trainer this guy references just got himself a blank check. He can probably sue the fuck out of the dolphins and all the leg work (documentation) has already been done for him. Not a bad deal for putting up with a year worth of douchebaggery.

We found that the Assistant Trainer, who was born in Japan, was the
target of frequent and persistent harassment, including insults relating to his race and
national origin. Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey admitted that they directed racially
derogatory words toward him, including “Jap” and “Chinaman.” At times, according to
Martin, they referred to the Assistant Trainer as a “dirty communist” or a “North
Korean,” made demands such as “give me some water you fucking chink,” spoke to him
in a phony, mocking Asian accent, including asking for “rubby rubby sucky sucky,” and
called his mother a “rub and tug masseuse.” Martin and others informed us that
Incognito and Jerry taunted the Assistant Trainer with jokes about having sex with his
girlfriend. Incognito admitted that these types of comments were made to the Assistant
Trainer.

On December 7, 2012, the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl
Harbor, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands that
featured a rising sun emblem (which the Assistant Trainer had given them) and jokingly
threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor
attack. According to Martin, the Assistant Trainer confided in him that he was upset
about the Pearl Harbor comments, finding them derogatory toward his heritage.
This is a nightmare.

God damn
Incognito recorded a $200 fine against himself for "breaking Jmart," awarded another lineman who had been verbally taunted a $250 bonus for "not cracking first," and wrote down a number of penalties against Martin for acting like a "pussy." The evidence shows, and Incognito did not dispute, that "breaking Jmart" meant causing Martin to have an emotional reaction in response to taunting.

Approximately one week after Martin left the team, on November 3, 2013, Incognito wrote nearly identical text messages to Pouncey and another lineman: "They're going to suspend me Please destroy the fine book first thing in the morning."

Player B: Especially if u plan living in Arizona in the future, that’s
exactly what you want

Incognito: Yea. For picking off zombies

Player B: Lol isn’t that why we own any weapons!?

Incognito: That and black people

Player B: Mmm def all black ppl

Four days later, Incognito and Player B discussed rifle scopes in text
messages.

Player B: Yes. That’s a solid optic made specifically for a .308
battle rifle

Incognito: Perfect for shooting black people
Player B: Lol exactly

Player B: Or Jeff Ireland
Terrible stuff but :jnc at the last message.

November 2, 2013:

Turner: Richie incognito is getting hammered on national TV.
This is not right. You could put an end to all the rumors
with a simple statement. DO THE RIGHT THING. NOW.

Martin: Coach. I want to put out a statement. Believe me I do.
This thing has become such a huge story somehow. But
I’ve been advised not to... And I’m not supposed to text
anyone either cuz last time I responded to a teammate
(Richie) I was intentionally manipulated and the
conversation was immediately forwarded to a reporter.

Turner: He is protecting himself. He has been beat up for 4 days.
Put an end to this. You are a grown man. Do the right thing

Turner: John I want the best for you and your health but make a
statement and take the heat off Richie and the lockerroom.
This isn’t right.

November 3, 2013:

Turner: I know you are a man of character. Where is it?

November 6, 2013:

Turner: It is never to late to do the right thing!
Turner is sooooo done. It's becoming abundantly clear to me that the only reason Turner still has a job is so they can throw him under the bus.

I can't believe ez was defending this stuff. It is so much worse then I could have thought. Everyone involved needs to be banned for life from the NFL.

Deadspin had a good write up

deadspin.com/the-worst-stuff-from-the-dolphins-investigation-updati-1522846626

Goodell s going to bring the hammer down bounty gate style

jbug617

Banned
‏@RapSheet: A Dolphins assistant trainer is of Japanese descent. Incognito, Pouncey & Jerry “called his mother a ‘rub and tug masseuse,’” per the report

Incognito is getting most of the blame but Pouncey needs to share some of that publicly.

By partnering with schools and other agencies dedicated to helping youth, Team Pouncey believes that these programs can play an important role in helping boys and girls develop a positive, can-do attitude that can significantly increase their chances of becoming physically, mentally, and spiritually strong individuals into the future.

http://teampouncey.org/?page_id=881

Setting a great example!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Incognito is getting most of the blame but Pouncey needs to share some of that publicly.

WTF is going on down there

That particular excerpt from the report:

We found that the Assistant Trainer, who was born in Japan, was the target of frequent and persistent harassment, including insults relating to his race and national origin. Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey admitted that they directed racially derogatory words toward him, including “Jap” and “Chinaman.” At times, according to Martin, they referred to the Assistant Trainer as a “dirty communist” or a “North Korean,” made demands such as “give me some water you fucking chink,” spoke to himin a phony, mocking Asian accent, including ask ing for “rubby rubby sucky sucky,” and called his mother a “rub and tug masseuse.”

Martin and others informed us that Incognito and Jerry taunted the Assistant Trainer with jokes about having sex with his girlfriend. Incognito admitted that these types of comments were made to the Assistant Trainer.

On December 7, 2012, the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands that featured a rising sun emblem (which the Assistant Trainer had given them) and jokingly threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor attack. According to Martin, the Assistant Trainer confided in him that he was upset about the Pearl Harbor comments, finding them derogatory toward his heritage.

Vyer

eznark sure is good at getting a rise out of anyone. I remember when Nick Barnett told him fuck you after eznark trolled him about celebrating a tackle 10 yards down the field.

well, ez was all in on the 'Incognito wasn't bullying" side, so maybe King thinks he's trolling back with the RT. but that's probably giving King too much credit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom