• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing that I am surprised by and actually bothers me is the treatment of the equipment guy. He truly was powerless and had to endure some pretty nasty crap. Martin had options, that guy really didn't

Pouncey seems like as big a turd and Incognito but that was kind of suspected given the FBI thinks he is running guns for drug dealers
Pouncey should be out of the NFL as well. He is every bit as guilty as Richie.

ie6izgk.jpg

He looks good in Jets green.

TEEEEEBBOOOOWWW! TEEEEEBOOOOOOOWWW! TEEEEBOOOOOOWWW!

effzee

It is straight up shitty and I acknowledge that. Do you need to hear that from me to know that it's shitty?

Similarly, what are you going to do about it? Are you going to stop watching football? The internet has an endemic problem at being outraged a whole lot while not actually doing anything about it. I haven't stepped in the OT thread about this, but I can tell you there are going to be a lot of 'outraged' people who don't watch football, and generally won't do anything besides be outraged on a message board. It's pointless.

The media is the same. "Oh, this is disgusting behavior" you will read. How did they not know about it? They know everything there is to know about the NFL, but were blind to this? How can there be a change when the people who saw it first hand don't cop to anything until something is exposed outside of them?

Coaches will vow to change. Why didn't they before this was outed? It's reprehensible now, but nobody gave a shit when the public didn't know. I could go on.

Whats the alternative? Let it happen?

Its also very convenient to believe the media knew exactly in this case or any other case what's happening. There is a reason these locker rooms are so secretive and controlled when it comes to leaking to the media. They only know and share what they want to share to the media unless a player takes it upon himself to spew something.

Maybe I am being naive here but while I do believe locker room jokes and non PC pranks and shit go on, I doubt every locker room is full of behavior like the Dolphins. I also doubt the coaches are all as naive or unaware as Philbin. I doubt this happens on a Bellicheck or Tomlin team.

We do hear about cancers in the locker room though it never goes any further than that. We do hear about fights within the locker rooms. We hear the surface level stuff but I doubt its because the media is withholding information. Why would they? They would get more famous (the reporter and the network/paper) and get more ratings if they bring about an expose. I doubt a reporter sits on a great story about terrible things happening in locker rooms only to protect the team UNLESS they are getting tons of money on the side.

All in all I do see it as a big deal. And hopefully other players on other teams who feel bullied or are part of a toxic work environment speak up now so they can start cleaning this shit up.

How so? He seems just as involved in harassing the trainer. Plus all the stuff with Martain.
Because he's a really good center. Take John Jerry instead.

Seriously though to me it seems like he was following Incognito's lead. Some form of punishment is probably deserved but completely kicking him out of the league sounds really over the top to me.

jakncoke

Banned
How so? He seems just as involved in harassing the trainer. Plus all the stuff with Martain.

In league that that let rapists, drug abusers, and murderers come back. Yes.. yes it is extreme lol. NFL is a bunch of degenerate scumbags. There are no morals amongst them

Its also very convenient to believe the media knew exactly in this case or any other case what's happening. There is a reason these locker rooms are so secretive and controlled when it comes to leaking to the media. They only know and share what they want to share to the media unless a player takes it upon himself to spew something.

Maybe I am being naive here but while I do believe locker room jokes and non PC pranks and shit go on, I doubt every locker room is full of behavior like the Dolphins. I also doubt the coaches are all as naive or unaware as Philbin. I doubt this happens on a Bellicheck or Tomlin team.

We do hear about cancers in the locker room though it never goes any further than that. We do hear about fights within the locker rooms. We hear the surface level stuff but I doubt its because the media is withholding information. Why would they? They would get more famous (the reporter and the network/paper) and get more ratings if they bring about an expose. I doubt a reporter sits on a great story about terrible things happening in locker rooms only to protect the team UNLESS they are getting tons of money on the side.

All in all I do see it as a big deal. And hopefully other players on other teams who feel bullied or are part of a toxic work environment speak up now so they can start cleaning this shit up.

Media are known for not biting the hand that feeds them. Do you think a reporter who blew the whistle on the inner workings of a NFL locker room would ever sniff one again?

I said the Eagles.should have cut Riley last offseason. You have no idea what you are talking about. If this was the Eagles I would want them all gone for sure.

But they didn't, and you were still an Eagles fan, if i'm not mistaken. Same with Vick, whom you have stated you hate on numerous occasions

In league that that let rapists, drug abusers, and murderers come back. Yes.. yes it is extreme lol. NFL is a bunch of degenerate scumbags. There are no morals amongst them
They shouldn't let any of those guys either. If Richie is deserving of being suspended then the other guys involved should be also. The OL coach absolutely has to go.

I said the Eagles.should have cut Riley last offseason. You have no idea what you are talking about. If this was the Eagles I would want them all gone for sure.

Like how you called the Pats no-huddle offense last year 'illegal' when the Jets guy said it, but now you're completely against a 10 second rule ?

Media are known for not biting the hand that feeds them. Do you think a reporter who blew the whistle on the inner workings of a NFL locker room would ever sniff one again?

But they didn't, and you were still an Eagles fan, if i'm not mistaken. Same with Vick, whom you have stated you hate on numerous occasions
I never said fins fans should stop rooting for the team. I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

jakncoke

Banned
They shouldn't let any of those guys either. If Richie is deserving of being suspended then the other guys involved should be also. The OL coach absolutely has to go.

If the nfl wanted to go the moral route then the league would be smaller than the nhl and money talks, so i guess you should take up watching another sport?

I never said fins fans should stop rooting for the team. I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

My point is talk is cheap. It's easy to say he should be off the team, but if he isn't, eh!

Maybe you'll rib the_Darkest for condoning a bully or something, but otherwise? Nothing changes.

My point is talk is cheap. It's easy to say he should be off the team, but if he isn't, eh!

Maybe you'll rib the_Darkest for condoning a bully or something, but otherwise? Nothing changes.
I am not going to rib anyone. This shouldn't be on the fans or even the team. The league should hand out punishments to the people involved. It seems wrong to me that Richie got suspended without pay and no one else got anything.

Only thing that I am surprised by and actually bothers me is the treatment of the equipment guy. He truly was powerless and had to endure some pretty nasty crap. Martin had options, that guy really didn't

Pouncey seems like as big a turd and Incognito but that was kind of suspected given the FBI thinks he is running guns for drug dealers

This. Everything else looks like typical dudebro behavior. The fine thing is actually kinda funny. $100 for farting then walking out. $100 to Pouncey for being salty. Now, I assume that fine money was going to Richie, which is bullshit. But it's basically like a cuss jar. Now if they took all that at the end of the year and donated it to a charity then everyone would be all "awwwww" but they probably took it and blew it on hookers.

If Martin didn't want to play the game, then he should have manned up and said fuck off.

But acting like dicks to the Asian trainer is straight up asshole behavior.

And I agree with Deacon. This is Bully-gate. Stupid to think some level of this doesn't go on in all locker rooms and/or fraternities, etc. But you need to know where the line is and not cross it or expect to get shit-canned if you do cross it.

This. Everything else looks like typical dudebro behavior. The fine thing is actually kinda funny. $100 for farting then walking out. $100 to Pouncey for being salty. Now, I assume that fine money was going to Richie, which is bullshit. But it's basically like a cuss jar. Now if they took all that at the end of the year and donated it to a charity then everyone would be all "awwwww" but they probably took it and blew it on hookers.
Clabo kept the accrued paid “fines,” which by November 2013 amounted to approximately $35,000, in his locker, saving the money to fund a post-season vacation trip for the group.

A reporter can be locked out of the locker room. Players can choose to give said reporter absolutely nothing going forward. There's a "you wash my back I'll wash yours" thing going on there. I'm not saying they wouldn't blow the lid on anything big, but you also have to realize that a reporter who blows the lid on something like that isn't going to be welcome back into a locker room. Gotta weigh the strength of the story against the length of your career.

Draxal

Former Giants DE Dave Tollefson announces his retirement today as a NY Giant.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...tirement/cff80b8a-e065-4285-8042-96fb211225b7

Journeyman type of player. Will never wow you but he he put in the work and made plays on the field more often than not. He was a nice part of the DE rotation that won the Super Bowl in 2011 and was also a Giant for the 2007 run.

He was the player Frank Ferrara wanted to be. I honestly thought he wasn't that good, but can't deny that he was part of that line.

A reporter can be locked out of the locker room. Players can choose to give said reporter absolutely nothing going forward. There's a "you wash my back I'll wash yours" thing going on there. I'm not saying they wouldn't blow the lid on anything big, but you also have to realize that a reporter who blows the lid on something like that isn't going to be welcome back into a locker room. Gotta weigh the strength of the story against the length of your career.

Also a player that talks about these things isn't really going to be welcome in the locker room either. So a reporter who has a source about this is probably going to want to remain unnamed and won't name other players either.

squicken

“Johnny Manziel is the guy that -- whether it’s Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland or Oakland – you’ll have to drag off that field before I stop playing for those guys. Those are my teammates. Those are my brothers from now on. I’m going to fight until there’s no time left on the clock. That’s Johnny Manziel.”

No Rams :(

I wasn't impressed when I was looking at them. I got an ASUS. It's better and can play most games.

ASUS here as well. I picked up one a couple years ago that has enough power to play most games.

Chromebook is good if you're just looking to browse the web and if you're bought into the Google ecosystem (Drive, Music, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom