• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a programmer friend recently about stuffs regarding this and she said it wouldnt be all that much for a forum that runs like this thread.
Programming one is easy, but it's a pain in the ass to run a forum. The reason admins and mods get sensitive about people questioning authority is because it's hard enough even without the inmates complaining about the menu.

Could probably invent a crowdsourced moderation scheme if you have a critical mass of established community, though...

I was talking to a programmer friend recently about stuffs regarding this and she said it wouldnt be all that much for a forum that runs like this thread.
Set up is one thing, server is another, bandwidth usage is another.

Then after you launch you have to build an audience, setup infrastructure, deliver good content consistently.

LJ11

Remember when Windu and Frank got clipped in the MLB thread for basically nothing, didn't go back for a while after that, rarely go back to even lurk.

Wonder why they all got clipped, some good dudes.

anybody but bortles

But he beat O'Brien so he's going to draft him...

I love the logic.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I turned it off after watching 500 balls clang off the rim. This is why replacing the pro bowl with a skills competition will never work.

Konka

Banned
No way it's been six seasons for Maclin...

Also, I'm surprised he's never had the breakout year we've all expected him to have by now. I guess the injuries account for that.

He's always been a good target though, good hands. I hope he is back with the eagles.

mr2xxx

Banned
Remember when Windu and Frank got clipped in the MLB thread for basically nothing, didn't go back for a while after that, rarely go back to even lurk.

Wonder why they all got clipped, some good dudes.

But he beat O'Brien so he's going to draft him...

I love the logic.

I remember someone losing a bet to banished from NFL GAF!

We all lost that day though, never do that again.

LJ11, we both got banned by the same mod. Not even going to say his name because he's had beef with alot of Sports-GAFfers.
I turned it off after watching 500 balls clang off the rim. This is why replacing the pro bowl with a skills competition will never work.
qb-club-gb.jpg

Eff you.

Patriots7

I wonder if Decker is going to make bank in FA.

Just forgo large amounts of payments, and come play with TB12 on the cheap. It would be great!

No way it's been six seasons for Maclin...

Also, I'm surprised he's never had the breakout year we've all expected him to have by now. I guess the injuries account for that.

Yeah he just cant stay healthy for a full season. He has been in the NFL 5 years, this will be his 6th.

Rorschach

Ari shouldn't have been here in the first place since he was banned from the OT.

Yeah he just cant stay healthy for a full season. He has been in the NFL 5 years, this will be his 6th.

Seems like just yesterday he was a rookie... damn. I guess missing a year makes you seem younger!

LJ11

I remember someone losing a bet to banished from NFL GAF!

We all lost that day though, never do that again.

Oh, I'm a grade A dick for welshing, no doubt about it. Hard to quit this thread though, love football man.

But to lose to Ari, that's even more embarrassing.

LJ11, we both got banned by the same mod. Not even going to say his name because he's had beef with alot of Sports-GAFfers.

Yeah, I know, could no longer joke around if that stuff was now bannable. Completely harmless.

Nameless

Damn can't believe NBA-GAF got shut down on All-Star weekend. I usually lurk the sports threads from time to time.

I was sympathetic until I saw shade thrown at NFL-GAF before the bombs fell.

lets see how long the LeBron thread masquerades as tonight's ASW discussion

squicken

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/2/13/5407698/2014-nfl-mock-draft-michael-sam-podcast

Good podcast to listen to for a sort of draft primer. They do a live mock draft, and it isn't so much who they pick as to get a little background on who the names are and what their pros and cons are.

Something that was interesting was that after about pick 11 it became hard to match team needs and players. It's still early, but I do think their will be a perceived tier somewhere around there. It feels alright to get Jake Matthews there but not Taylor Lewan, which matters for a lot of OT needy teams

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What in the world with the NBA thread. I was looking to post about how awful this slam dunk contest will be with it's new bs and I see it's been nuked.

Sigh

I really don't want to go back to clutchfans for NBA talk

edit- oh yea... Johnny Manziel is so full of himself. Ughh please no Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom