• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

EddvMkp.gif

squicken

GM For A Day: Tennessee Titans

Problem: The Titans must decide if Jake Locker is "The Guy" going forward, since he has a big bonus coming to him next offseason.

Solution: Make 2014 a make-or-break season for Locker. He has all the physical tools -- excellent arm strength, a quick release, the athleticism to avoid sacks and make big plays with his feet -- but accuracy issues have kept him from becoming a quality starter. Coach Ken Whisenhunt has shown the ability to work well with veteran quarterbacks, tweaking their game to help them play at an even higher level, as with Philip Rivers in 2013, so there is hope he can straighten out Locker's accuracy.

If the Titans are smart, however, they will draft a quarterback in the second or third round as a backup plan for 2015, in case they determine Locker is not the man. Considering Whisenhunt's success with quarterbacks like Kurt Warner and Rivers, true pocket passers who lacked the athleticism to make plays with their feet, Zach Mettenberger would be a great selection in the second round. He is the best pure pocket passer in the draft, but he likely will fall out of the first round due to an ACL injury and questions about his leadership. If they wait until Day 3 to take a quarterback, Pittsburgh's Tom Savage would be an interesting selection. He's a big kid with a strong arm who has flashed the ability to be a frontline quarterback.

Milchjon

This is like some kind of Mexican drug war zone. Bury one of our friends every day.

Although I have to sAy, that last one was... not unexpected...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
From squickens post:

Zach Mettenberger would be a great selection in the second round. He is the best pure pocket passer in the draft, but he likely will fall out of the first round due to an ACL injury and questions about his leadership.

If Zach is the best "pure pocket passer" wouldn't that make him the best QB in the draft? Or are his previous injuries and character concerns enough to warrant a day two drop? I know some vary in there preference of more mobile QBs or pocket passers, but at the end of the day the most important aspect of a QB is dropping back, going through reads and putting the ball where it needs to go.

I still think Locker has a chance of becoming a somewhat decent QB later on in his career if he stays healthy. More of a solid backup QB though.

What is everyone using as there main draft site for mocks and all that info? Can't wait for the combine to start.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
this is all happening because the seahawks and wussle won the SB. eznark going first was the sign that we should have all seen this coming.

RBH

........You know, I was thinking about taking a break from GAF soon since I have to worry about taking the USMLE and COMLEX this summer.

That break might be coming sooner rather than later at this rate........

Did my boy Conrad get banned because he called the Orwellian mods the gestapo or responded to that whiny babby in the Walking Dead thread?

I prefer to think he went down swinging at the man than one of the worst shows in TV history doing him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom