• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah, I don't understand this. Why don't all your grocery stores carry alcohol?

State likes to control everything. In my county there is 50k people there is only 4 stores that sell liquors outside a bar and only 1 are open 7 days a week, the other 3 are 5. There was a rep in Philly recently trying his best to keep the state in control because it would be equate to drinking the state to death if it went private. I think only PA and Utah control the alcohol flow this extent

State likes to control everything. In my county there is 50k people there is only 4 stores that sell liquors outside a bar and only 1 are open 7 days a week, the other 3 are 5. There was a rep in Philly recently trying his best to keep the state in control because it would be equate to drinking the state to death if it went private. I think only PA and Utah control the alcohol flow this extent

I'm out in Chester County, there're lots of places to drink but it was still a strange thing for me to see.

cdyhybrid

No wonder Steelers-Age is always so grumpy - alcohol withdrawals.

Milchjon

Come to Germany. Allowed to drink beer at 16, alcohol sold everywhere, no speed limit on the Autobahn,
age of consent is 14 with some restrictions.

The true land of the free.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Come up here where only the government is allowed to sell liquor outside of a bar.

And closes usually at 9pm most days.

jakncoke

Banned
Come to Germany. Allowed to drink beer at 16, alcohol sold everywhere, no speed limit on the Autobahn,
age of consent is 14 with some restrictions.

The true land of the free.

Doesnt germany make a ton of games delete too violent of material? do they do the same with movies?

squicken

Nolan Nawrocki lists top potential character issues

Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel

Nawrocki's take: Suspect intangibles -- not a leader by example or known to inspire by his words. Carries a sense of entitlement and prima-donna arrogance seeking out the bright lights of Hollywood. Is known to party too much and is drawn to all the trappings of the game. ... Has defied the odds and proven to be a great college-system quarterback, but still must prove he is willing to work to be great, adjust his hard-partying, Hollywood lifestyle and be able to inspire his teammates by more than his playmaking ability.

South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney

Nawrocki's take: Lacks discipline on and off the field and has had to be managed closely since he arrived on campus. Needs to learn what it means to be a pro. Plays in spurts and is too much of a flash player -- does not consistently dominate like he could. Is still immature and finding his way -- too much of a follower.

Milchjon

Doesnt germany make a ton of games delete too violent of material? do they do the same with movies?

Well, publishers are doing that pre emptively cause they fear getting banned.

In turn we get more nudity in movies, and like any real man I prefer boobs over
splattered
brains.

Oh, and happy birthday, Talon!

jakncoke

Banned

splattered
brains.

I do like to see a big titted chick get her brains splattered in movies. Best of both worlds

cdyhybrid

I do like to see a big titted chick get her brains splattered in movies. Best of both worlds

kVRK3i6.jpg

Dragon

Banned

splattered
brains.

This isn't a dichotomous choice, we can have both!

Goddamn Puritans messing up America since 1620.

Detroit Lions (51, $2 million under): The Lions' big three (Ndamukong Suh, Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson) count $51 million against the cap and the team is always going to have trouble building a complete roster being that top heavy. And $2 million of cap space doesn't allow for much building.

Does any other team have 3 players take up so much cap space? That is just terrible. It is even worse when you realize they didnt even make the playoffs with those 3 guys.

cdyhybrid

Detroit Lions (51, $2 million under): The Lions' big three (Ndamukong Suh, Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson) count $51 million against the cap and the team is always going to have trouble building a complete roster being that top heavy. And $2 million of cap space doesn't allow for much building.

Does any other team have 3 players take up so much cap space? That is just terrible. It is even worse when you realize they didnt even make the playoffs with those 3 guys.

And only one of them is actually earning that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom