• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that the one with the guy from boardwalk empire and the guy from 3rd rock from the sun and the guy from 3rd rock from the sun is a bike courier?

if so, yeah it was fucking garbage. especially the ending

Yeah. and It had the worst one liners "Most fun I've ever had with my clothes still on!" and "You've been Premium Rushed!"
Well, was waiting for them to say that xD

It was Robin against General Zod and not even Zod could save it. Couldn't stop watching though.

MechDX

NFL Comparison Rex Grossman, Ryan Leaf makeup, Fran Tarkenton playing style and Russell Wilson playmaking ability

NFL Comparison Rex Grossman, Ryan Leaf makeup, Fran Tarkenton playing style

NFL Comparison Rex Grossman, Ryan Leaf makeup,

NFL Comparison Rex Grossman,

UNLEASH THE MOTHERFUCKNG DRAGON!!!

Rare competitiveness and third-down efficiency could carry him a long way, yet he will be challenged to avoid a Ryan Leaf-like, crash-and-burn scenario if he does not settle down and mature. A high-risk, high-reward pick, Manziel stands to benefit from entering the NFL at a time when moving pockets are trending.

Like Ive been saying.....Texans will play it safe with Teddy

I thought it was a fun little movie

I mean, I watched it. Couldn't stop watching for some god forsaken reason. and why the hell does Joseph Gordin-Levitt have a Spider-sense in this movie? Although the first time the two accidents you see were pretty spectacular.

Greg

I mean, I watched it. Couldn't stop watching for some god forsaken reason. and why the hell does Joseph Gordin-Levitt have a Spider-sense in this movie? Although the first time the two accidents you see were pretty spectacular.
it would've been bad if they tried to fit another 20 or 30 minutes in

it ended up being better than I thought it would be when I went into it

Fox318

1XIeoFm.jpg

Talon

Did your mom bring you a metric ton worth of Korean food?
Not yet. It's always a risk.
Well, publishers are doing that pre emptively cause they fear getting banned.

In turn we get more nudity in movies, and like any real man I prefer boobs over
splattered
brains.

Oh, and happy birthday, Talon!
Boobs > Guns.
Happy Birthday, Talon!
Thanks, y'all.
Gotta watch out for those friends that recommend Actors or themes rather than movies.
Deac, you need to go see the Lego Movie. Take the kid(s).

squicken

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-most-controversial-prospects-in-14-nfl-draft

Nolan went overboard in his assessment of Johnny Football. I'd much prefer he discuss Johnny's QB play.

I have no issues with it. As long as he isn't pulling punches I want him to give us whatever dirt he has. The Texans cut a 3rd round pick last year that was a character red flag that they screwed up on when did something stupid.

I'd rather watch the interviews than the drills. Combine is for medical/measurements and interviews. It almost feels like the drills are a sideshow

dionysus

Yaldog
Texans should keep Schaub and draft Clowney. Tank again next year and get #1 pick. This is how the Astros are doing it and Houston fans are putting up with it. When you are good the drama only lasts as long as the season, when you are bad you give your fans drama all year round, just look at the Brown's fans.

Fox318

Doesn't public urination get you in the sex offender registry in some places?

http://www.*****************/news/a...-Siberia-relieving-Vladimir-Putins-fence.html
Daily mail is banned?

A Dutch airline boss found himself threatened with a one-way ticket to Siberia after relieving himself on a fence outside Vladimir Putin’s Sochi home.

Atilay Uslu, who runs Corendon Dutch Airlines, a sponsor of the Dutch Olympic speed skating team, was returning from a night out when he found himself in need of the bathroom.

Mr Uslu decided to use a fence for aim, but was soon surrounded by Russian soldiers.

Atilay Uslu, chief of an airline sponsoring the Dutch speed skating team, had been out celebrating when he used Putin's fence as a bathroom

The incident took place around 2am on Sunday morning after Uslyu and a friend had been out in Sochi celebrating the success of the Dutch skaters.

It emerged that the fence he was using as a ‘bathroom’ protected the villa of the Russian President in the Winter Olympics resort.

‘[They] talked of a one-way ticket to Siberia and asked me if I had not seen the security cameras or knew that it was Putin’s house,’ Mr Uslu told UPI.com.

Fortunately, Mr Uslu was released after one hour in custody, having paid a £830 fine for his ‘crime’.Not impressed: The soldiers who captured Mr Uslu outside Vladimir Putin's villa 'threatened him with a one-way ticket to Siberia'

jakncoke

Banned
Interesting Jay Cutler deal basically is only a 3 year deal. Bears can cut him in year 4+ with 0 dead money. Why do nfl players sign such deals when If looked at history a major majority never see a majority of their signed contract

Milchjon

http://www.*****************/news/a...-Siberia-relieving-Vladimir-Putins-fence.html
Daily mail is banned?

A Dutch airline boss found himself threatened with a one-way ticket to Siberia after relieving himself on a fence outside Vladimir Putin’s Sochi home.

Atilay Uslu, who runs Corendon Dutch Airlines, a sponsor of the Dutch Olympic speed skating team, was returning from a night out when he found himself in need of the bathroom.

Mr Uslu decided to use a fence for aim, but was soon surrounded by Russian soldiers.

Atilay Uslu, chief of an airline sponsoring the Dutch speed skating team, had been out celebrating when he used Putin's fence as a bathroom

The incident took place around 2am on Sunday morning after Uslyu and a friend had been out in Sochi celebrating the success of the Dutch skaters.

It emerged that the fence he was using as a ‘bathroom’ protected the villa of the Russian President in the Winter Olympics resort.

‘[They] talked of a one-way ticket to Siberia and asked me if I had not seen the security cameras or knew that it was Putin’s house,’ Mr Uslu told UPI.com.

Fortunately, Mr Uslu was released after one hour in custody, having paid a £830 fine for his ‘crime’.Not impressed: The soldiers who captured Mr Uslu outside Vladimir Putin's villa 'threatened him with a one-way ticket to Siberia'

Russia ain't Europe. They're the wilderness.

And Daily Mail gets you a one way ticket to Siberia.

How do you guys deal with stress? I don't mean just daily stress - I am in grad school and I am in the midst of the most difficult internship I have ever been in long. It is nothing in comparison to medical school, but fuck man my internship has long hours (way more than required), my instructor's way of teaching is tough love so I feel like shit most of the time, I hardly have energy focusing on school and personal life, and the momentum of the internship is to give me more and more work to work on and grow.

Also, this internship is especially challenging because it requires certain personality qualities that are very opposite of mine. For example, I am more laid back and want to talk to people, this internship (by the nature of the work) is more GO-GO-GO and write tons of paperwork and reports.

Granted, my internship ends in early May, but since it's still only mid February and my anxiety comes and goes - I want to know what do you guys do to deal with stress?

I am learning a lot, especially about myself, but there is no joke about the phrase "growing pains"!

P.S. Watching the Seachickens winning the superbowl didn't help

JCizzle

Interesting Jay Cutler deal basically is only a 3 year deal. Bears can cut him in year 4+ with 0 dead money. Why do nfl players sign such deals when If looked at history a major majority never see a majority of their signed contract

They're all brain dead by the time they're far enough into their careers to negotiate.

I do find it funny that Goodell makes more than any player though and the league was just crying poor a few years ago. The players and fans get played every few years, rinse and repeat. Owners and the executive league leadership are laughing from the top of their scrooge money piles.

cdyhybrid

How do you guys deal with stress? I don't mean just daily stress - I am in grad school and I am in the midst of the most difficult internship I have ever been in long. It is nothing in comparison to medical school, but fuck man my internship has long hours (way more than required), my instructor's way of teaching is tough love so I feel like shit most of the time, I hardly have energy focusing on school and personal life, and the momentum of the internship is to give me more and more work to work on and grow.

Also, this internship is especially challenging because it requires certain personality qualities that are very opposite of mine. For example, I am more laid back and want to talk to people, this internship (by the nature of the work) is more GO-GO-GO and write tons of paperwork and reports.

Granted, my internship ends in early May, but since it's still only mid February and my anxiety comes and goes - I want to know what do you guys do to deal with stress?

I am learning a lot, especially about myself, but there is no joke about the phrase "growing pains"!

P.S. Watching the Seachickens winning the superbowl didn't help

I generally just watch this and I start feeling better.

Serious answer: I used to drink more when I had a shitty job, but I got out of there and am in a much better spot now. I generally listen to music, go to the gym, and/or play video games to blow off steam.

jakncoke

Banned
They're all brain dead by the time they're far enough into their careers to negotiate.

I do find it funny that Goodell makes more than any player though and the league was just crying poor a few years ago. The players and fans get played every few years, rinse and repeat. Owners and the executive league leadership are laughing from the top of their scrooge money piles.

Goodell salary last year was = to like 1/3 of a entire teams salary cap. crazy

Striker

Do the Giants plan on keeping Beason?
Like Future said I think he does end up staying. But PFF doesn't think they should overpay:

Pete Damilatisþ@PFF_Pete·22 mins
I know most Giant fans will disagree, but Jon Beason is not a "must" sign.

Pete Damilatisþ@PFF_Pete·13m
Leadership aside, Jon Beason's -16.0 coverage grade this season was the worst of any NFL LB. Giants should tread lightly.

Pete Damilatisþ@PFF_Pete·8m
Given his injury history and coverage issues, I'm not comfortable with the Giants offering Beason anything more than 2 yrs, $5M.

Pete Damilatisþ@PFF_Pete·3 mins
Considering that the Vikings signed Erin Henderson last year for 2 yrs/$4M, hard to justify giving Beason much more
If they can get him at an affordable deal, it's absolutely important. PFF should know how poor the Giant LB's looked prior to Beason's arrival.

Draxal

Like Future said I think he does end up staying. But PFF doesn't think they should overpay:

If they can get him at an affordable deal, it's absolutely important. PFF should know how poor the Giant LB's looked prior to Beason's arrival.

PFF is garbage. They gave Chris Snee last year an average grade on that starter chart.

Striker

tbf PFF also rated Laurinaitis as a below average/role player so I'd take their ratings with a pinch of salt.
Oh yeah, I know. Beason isn't going to be Willis/Bowman/Kuechly but he isn't a bum. I'd guess the contract he receives is going to be heavy with incentives for games played.

cdyhybrid

Todd McShay ‏@McShay13 50s
Most surprising part of '14 draft process so far is all the Derek Carr love. Good arm but not accurate downfield and/or under pressure.

You guys will franchise Mack and TJ will come back to Chip.

I have never seen anyone beg to get banned like that.
It would cost to much to franchise Mack. I fully expect Ward to here next season, they're in contract talks now. And if nothing else he'll be franchised. I'm not even sure were all this TJ hype is cong from? He's had one full healthy season. Sorry bud, but I'm 90% sure he'll be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom