• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthers are looking to do a deal with Cam. There's no reason to do that until next year, especially with their cap situation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...etween-panthers-newton-could-start-this-week/

That's a bad move. They have plenty of time for The Cam Question (and The Kuechly Question). Like the article notes, they have more pressing immediate issues to deal with.

The next few years with this team will be very interesting and very challenging for Dave Gettleman. Like you said earlier, they aren't built to last like Niners have in the Harbaugh era or the Seahawks in their current era. Hurney's left them with a crumbling foundation and failing to address the cracks in the team has let the cracks grow into massive fissures.

Off the top of my head:

The offensive line is patchwork at best and that's even before you consider Gross retiring after next year and Kalil aging. We haven't truly addressed WR since Muhsin Muhammad left and now we need a No.1 and No.2 (Dwayne Jarrett, you were the chosen one!). The secondary (especially corner) is average on a great day and fucking terrible on a bad one. We have a shitload of money tied up in two running backs, one of which has become terribly average and the other injury-prone. We're still paying one defensive end a lot of money and now the mythical sea creature wants an even bigger deal.

Dragon

Banned
3300211_G.jpg

Is there a Braves playoff game being played there or something?

Hahahahaha. So much jnc

squicken

That's a bad move. They have plenty of time for The Cam Question (and The Kuechly Question). Like the article notes, they have more pressing immediate issues to deal with.l.

Rapoport chimed in that it's all very preliminary and nothing may come of it. It's not just Cam, I don't any team with a 2011 draftee needs to be looking at extension yet. Why throw away that last year of cheap labor, when they still have the 5th year option plus the franchise tag after that? I guess CAR is unique b/c tag cost of QBs is so high

squicken

Chase Daniel vs Aaron Murray

Seems like Murray could fill that exact role very well. Good backup and can spot start and play okay for a few games

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Mike Ditka with some hard hitting analysis on Matthew Stafford:

b751e7d74a331db8be3a3c5a60eb7da4.jpeg

Former Bears and Saints head coach Mike Ditka is a fan of Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford’s sheer talent.

“I think he can make all the throws,” Ditka, an ESPN analyst, told the Free Press. “He’s a smart kid. I wish he’d put the baseball cap on frontwards instead of backwards all the time.”

Ditka expanded on his take on Stafford wearing his hat backwards for the Free Press.

“If you’re the leader of the football team, I think you’ve got to stand up and be that leader, assume that role. A lot of it is what you do on the field, certainly. But I think a little of it has to do with appearance, too,” Stafford told the Free Press. “You know, respect the game respect your team. That’s all.

“I’m not knocking him. I’m just saying that’s the first thing I would tell him if I inherited him. When you’re going to go do an interview, put it on like it’s supposed to be on, not backwards, sidewards, whatever way they put them on anymore.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fer-if-matthew-stafford-wore-his-hat-forward/

to-crying_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

rando14

Damn, that old Chad Warden thread got bumped, I thought he was back!! Fuck you Gaming side, I shoulda known you would let me down!!

Milchjon

How do you guys deal with stress? I don't mean just daily stress - I am in grad school and I am in the midst of the most difficult internship I have ever been in long. It is nothing in comparison to medical school, but fuck man my internship has long hours (way more than required), my instructor's way of teaching is tough love so I feel like shit most of the time, I hardly have energy focusing on school and personal life, and the momentum of the internship is to give me more and more work to work on and grow.

Also, this internship is especially challenging because it requires certain personality qualities that are very opposite of mine. For example, I am more laid back and want to talk to people, this internship (by the nature of the work) is more GO-GO-GO and write tons of paperwork and reports.

Granted, my internship ends in early May, but since it's still only mid February and my anxiety comes and goes - I want to know what do you guys do to deal with stress?

I am learning a lot, especially about myself, but there is no joke about the phrase "growing pains"!

P.S. Watching the Seachickens winning the superbowl didn't help

Well, it sounds like I probably never had to do anything nearly as straining, but one thing that's still always impressive to me is how much of a difference a little bit of experience makes. Stuff that's been stressing me out becomes total routine, and it suddenly goes from being stressful to relaxing even. Of course, that only applies to jobs/tasks where the daily requirements don't change constantly.

The other thing that helps immensely for internships in particular is to remember that it is only temporary. Jobs where there's an end in sight always feel much easier to me.

ShaneB

Waking up at 3:30 AM for no good reason at all.

So awesome

I love doing this during the work week. Only because I hate my job I suppose. *Wakes up in the middle of the night* Oh shit, it's not time to get up and go to work yet, back to sleep. Awesome!

Milchjon

I love doing this during the work week. Only because I hate my job I suppose. *Wakes up in the middle of the night* Oh shit, it's not time to get up and go to work yet, back to sleep. Awesome!

It's annoying cause it takes me forever to fall asleep again, and so it either means I get up later or get less sleep.

Move to America. Trade identities with WW

I'd be doomed in the US.

Pretty sure that was Coldplay

Thankfully he is banned so he can't share more of his horrible taste with us

Seriously, I love Coldplay, but has he ever been right about anything?

Well,he was right once, but he got banned for that.

JABEE

It makes sense for a Patriots fan to hate freedom. The Patriots as a team are against truth, justice, and the American Way.

They follow the Patriot Way. An ideology that represents everything wrong with this corrupt world we live in. I pray every night to live in a world where the Patriots are not universally revered by national pundits. Someday that dream will come true. Just not today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom